Jack Monroe #318 I lie - for a living!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congrats to @Smeghead for the words (part of a Take a Breakathon about Jack’s exciting life) and @Brian Butterfield for nominating. You both win a generous dollop of Jack’s Peasants Pudding trifle, fit for the queen she has mixed feelings for. (vegan version for BB, no excuses!)

That’s right, she’s going to attempt to budget reverse engineer the jubilee trifle. Insert Tom Hardy <that’s bait> on Trifle Defender’s timeline.

She attended the awards ceremony (slipped my mind what for) and looked over the moon to be rubbing shoulders with all the slebs. In her snazzy loafers and tuxedo jumpsuit.

She posted photos of her newly arranged kitchen, complete with office area, thanks to OH being a dab hand with brackets and a power tool. Lots of food containers, pots, spoons, files, books, toy telephones here, there, everywhere. Gonna be a witch to clean (what am I saying).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95
Hello Jubilee fraus!

Small trifle related recap:

Jack has decided to make 'her own' version of the Jubilee Trifle, as she claims the original will cost approx £35 to make. She said she will call it Peasants pudding [sic] with no hint of irony and claims her version will cost £6-7 to make.

Delicious morsels of Jack thinking she is dishing up schadenfreude, such as this, when actually, it comes across as incredibly smug.

Screenshot 2022-06-03 at 00.23.49.png

This is so mean, even for 'please leave me alone' Jack, to deliberately try and undermine an amateur baker who won a competition out of over 5000 entries, with a personal story of how it came about...

Screenshot 2022-06-03 at 00.14.34.png

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 104
And wagon wheels used to be bigger…
8E436B84-0F7F-4F77-BDCB-3F9FA4F9EEE5.jpeg

Eat it in 2 halves? As opposed to 3 halves? Wow Jack, you are so riveting this evening.
895D4646-20FB-471B-B662-EA944AC01B67.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
anyway, wasn't the original trifle a civilian creation who won some sort of game show? why's she taking the piss out of it?

will this trifle be sprayed gold? should big d be worrying about his sides?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
I’m sure I’ve bought amaretti biscuits from Aldi before, but I must be mistaken! For they only sell peasant biscuits! The exotic taste of almond would simply blow the head off a guttersnipe like me.

• Haha
Reactions: 87
Custard creams in a trifle is weird as well as sacrilegious! Tesco have a lemon Swiss roll for £1.25. Although it’s not Smart Price. 🙄

Reactions: 40
Hello Jubilee fraus!

Small trifle related recap:

Jack has decided to make 'her own' version of the Jubilee Trifle, as she claims the original will cost approx £35 to make. She said she will call it Peasants pudding [sic] with no hint of irony and claims her version will cost £6-7 to make.

This is incredibly mean, even for 'please leave me alone' Jack, to deliberately try and undermine an amateur baker who won a competition out of over 5000 entries, with a personal story of how it came about...

View attachment 1314267
Thank you for the recap @Satisfying Click and for the screenies @Into_the_tunnel and for @Pocahontas making a new midnight thread look so easy. 👑 all of you.

Who on earth could bring spite to such a sweet story?? 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I think I skipped a few posts but if Jack was on TikTok/Instagram/YouTube or Facebook at all this week , she may have noticed that Morrisons have a budget recipe for the jubilee trifle using custard creams

I can’t work out how to link from tiktok to the video but it’s on the poppycooks account

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
LJC someone who knows more needs to do an armchair psychoanalysis of the reasons for her deep seated hatred of other people's trifles.

What trauma do trifles symbolise in the JM psyche?

• Haha
Reactions: 57
And wagon wheels used to be bigger…
View attachment 1314268

Eat it in 2 halves? As opposed to 3 halves? Wow Jack, you are so riveting this evening.
View attachment 1314269
Is it just me that’s amazed that this woman, who’s on the seat of her arse all the time, who’s rent bounces, with £19 in her bank account, has always tried EVERYTHING? Every food known to man. Even me, a none poor, who has a small addiction to chocolate, hasn’t tried nor even seen white chocolate snickers (remember when they were marathons eh Jack?) or any of those chocolates she and SB have manifested into the world with their daily chocolate discussions. How can she afford it? She’s poor ffs! Also you can shove ya white snickers and the other white chocolate tit up your arse Jack because white chocolate tastes like vomit

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
She‘s still mithering on. I’ve learned enough from the people here who genuinely have arthritis to know this is so insulting.

D2731368-8259-4885-BF7F-DAEF50756773.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 71
Congrats to @Smeghead for the words (part of a Take a Breakathon about Jack’s exciting life) and @Brian Butterfield for nominating. You both win a generous dollop of Jack’s Peasants Pudding trifle, fit for the queen she has mixed feelings for. (vegan version for BB, no excuses!)

That’s right, she’s going to attempt to budget reverse engineer the jubilee trifle. Insert Tom Hardy <that’s bait> on Trifle Defender’s timeline.

She attended the awards ceremony (slipped my mind what for) and looked over the moon to be rubbing shoulders with all the slebs. In her snazzy loafers and tuxedo jumpsuit.

She posted photos of her newly arranged kitchen, complete with office area, thanks to OH being a dab hand with brackets and a power tool. Lots of food containers, pots, spoons, files, books, toy telephones here, there, everywhere. Gonna be a witch to clean (what am I saying).
Jack handwrote her FINAL EDITS by scrawling them in a nice binder bound with a ribbon and decorated with pictures of herself.
The publishing actual professionals in the canal explained why this is bad behaviour and will be making some poor sod at the publishing house really unhappy! Jack doesn't mind though, she handed it in with ONE MINUTE to spare and needs a nap

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Maybe being over-sensitive, but here’s some thoughtlessness from Jack towards those who’ve experienced eating disorders, and then depression too.

6FB49664-A9ED-45A8-A466-0E612FB7C50D.jpeg

32B2AA29-5588-42D1-9660-2E541115A65C.jpeg

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 58
I mentioned before that Jack actually influenced me to buy those magnetic spice jars. They came in a set of 12 (other brands are available, but prices are roughly the same):

Screenshot_20220603-014006_Chrome.jpg

Jack has at least 126 of them - could be more as we can't see the edges of the picture.

So. Over 250£ to display spices that, by her own admission, she doesn't even use.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.