Jack Monroe #317 Poverty Contrepreneur

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely shaking. (Context: have been locked on a train before!)

Kills me every time.
It's like...that's really not context at all, now I have so many more follow-up questions. Was it an accident?Was it deliberate? Did one of her stalkers lock her on the train? Did the Tories do it, while informing her that she should have kept her legs shut? Was she there for an hour, overnight, a whole week? Was she actually a passenger in the Thomas the Tank Engine episode where Henry wouldn't leave the tunnel?

Jack, when you read this, PLEASE give us the full details of the time you got locked on a train. Thanks x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I've seen so many lovely looking recipes here, I think it would be great if we collated them and made a Tattle cookbook :D
Self publish on Amazon/Kindle/Audible in the same category as all of Jack's ones, but aggressively undercut her prices then donate the funds to Marcus Rashford's charity. Triple whammy - get some great low cost recipes out there, genuinely raise money for a good cause and as an added bonus, hurt Jack's revenue stream and drive her bleeping mad with fury 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
And fill it all with puns and alliteration. Plus lots of black pepper, beans and lemon juice

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Wondering if this was written in a cream puff because Harold doesn’t drive into London in his big car.
“And I’m putting your name in my book and everything!!!”

CF4012AA-4FF7-4EFD-BD07-E29E452F0A86.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 31
hopefully harold is trusted in the kitchen more than poor LJC was…i hope louisa’s friends gave her a serious intervention after she posted this

eta the order is backwards but the horror remains the same!
Might be doing my own chaos but do these wanky instructions forget about the chickpeas?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Sorry if this was picked up previously but I was just checking if her publisher had liked any of her performative book chaos tweets (spoiler alert - she hasn't) and I found this:
View attachment 1310336
This does not look like a normal exchange between an author meeting a serious deadline and their publisher. It's like taking a school project to show your kind old Granny.

• Haha
Reactions: 43

I don't see her on the presenting panel, odd!
I think it could be the Rainbow Honours - also tonight, and I think Diva are involved so that would explain why Jack’s invited.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I feel like there is some chaos going on here that is going over my head!

Anyway, I hope I can say that SB's dad"s photography skills (based on his "portfolio") are completely and utterly shite.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Unrelated to the current chaos, but I've frozen a few bits of raw fish (for my baby to eat when I have a chippy) and my freezer absolutely HONKS. It's contaminated everything nearby, I'm currently cooking some fishy oven chips 🤢

Jack's freezer must be absolutely minging with all that free fish that's been in there for years.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I tried to do some Jacks locked in a train and it went a bit wrong but thought I'd share it anyway. ONE MINUTE TO DEADLINE (aka afternoon nap) and I didn't even need to chuck myself down the stairs to try and get an extension. Send sympathy praiseos, thankyou x

Collage 2022-06-01 17_36_26.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
I wonder if Jack‘s seen this? It’s a Twitter thread about someone who was threatened to be sued over a tweet. It was in America so it will be different I guess, but it makes you think. He didn’t get sued in the end.

Apologies for the link instead of a screenshot, it’s a long-ish thread.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I think it's pretty much the same tbh except she has more twitter followers. She was well known when tin can cook and good food for bad days came out. She only gets the followers by being an arse to boot.

Her books are shite anyway. Of any I did buy I wasn't inspired enough to cook a single recipe.
I remember being really excited for it to come out. Bought it the day it did. Took it back for a refund that afternoon. Tide turned here at user towers.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
This does not look like a normal exchange between an author meeting a serious deadline and their publisher. It's like taking a school project to show your kind old Granny.
“That’s lovely, dear” <slides it into the bin once you’ve gone home>

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.