Jack Monroe #317 Poverty Contrepreneur

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off Topic

So…I realized almost instantly that I was thinking of Lisa Riley not Linda Riley and corrected that in my head.

However I’ve only just realized I was picturing another person a tad incorrectly. Indeed, she is not this person from Pop Idol season 1, because this person is in fact Sarah Whatmore, not Laura Whitmore

Re Laura Whitmore, <<insert Mariah I don’t know her gif here>>

13F9624E-2B67-4EF1-A395-DF2E87E674EB.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Steroid injections are a last resort kinda treatment. If her arthritis existed was as bad she says, then she'd be seeing a physio, doing exercises, and finding ways to manage pain. She's lying. She's stolen it off her mum. (Her mum would be in need of such injections, by all accounts, she does have it quite badly.)
Oh no, don't get me wrong, I'm sure she isn't telling the full truth as usual, I just had a curiosity about what is used and where because I had more than 2, I wondered if there were different rules depending on target areas 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Got the new Miguel book today. Wasn't expecting to get it so soon. It's a mix of veggie vegan and meat recipes. Tempted to try this even though I'm not the biggest fan of chickpeas

As for Jack's partner I think it's spot on that if Jack was dating a woman they would be with her at awards ceremonies famous or not. Louisa is clearly well known in her industry but I didn't have a clue who she was before Jack started dating her.

I do think it's somewhat hilarious that Jack paraded Allegra and Louisa all over every newspaper that would print about them and she's now trying to pull the I'm so private line. There's a photo of Jack with the awful red hair when she moved in with Louisa. She's an over sharer. I can be too on twitter but my life is as boring as duck and no one cares (still off twitter though and not missing it).

I mean Jack could have kept the fact that she was dating at all private but she didn't. She farts and you have to know about it

My first thought on waking this morning was I wonder if Claire Sweeney supports Liverpool 🤔

I honestly don't care if Jack is pan or bi or non binary or combinations of all. Her life, her choices

Attachments

Reactions: 17
And a child in a hat and t shirt that looks like a proper little madam. Playing up for attention even at that age.
She's acting like she's so maverick, a Superman vest with a Robin Hood hat? VIBE.

No Jack. That's just how kids that age dress. My mate's little girl had a vibe of a Frozen dress and Spiderman trainers for a good while. Jack likes to think she is such an outlier. She's so basic.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
She’s the picture of a deprived child in this photo…😒
I’m a couple of years older than Jack and can tell you that only the well off kids had branded Halloween stuff in the late 80s/early 90s. I lived in a fairly nice area and we all had costumes made with bin bags and old tights. Maybe the odd mask or witches hat from Clinton’s. It was a lot more of a DIY thing back then.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
She's acting like she's so maverick, a Superman vest with a Robin Hood hat? VIBE.

No Jack. That's just how kids that age dress. My mate's little girl had a vibe of a Frozen dress and Spiderman trainers for a good while. Jack likes to think she is such an outlier. She's so basic.
Shes a basic witch. Let's face it. I am as well but at least I admit it and even I know that tesco value baked beans are 22p for a big can.

I think although don't quote me that Morrison have cut their large value brand cans of baked beans to 21p

Miguel is absolutely the anti Jack. Every recipe I see I'm like I want to make that and that. The food is so well presented and the recipes are so easy.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I have purely anecdotal evidence that this is true. My boyfriend of 6 years is a 6ft 1 angel 😊

Do we have a quieter day today?

Short man syndrome is often referenced by my army brother in law as short hand for the shouty annoying jobsworth. Usually low to mid ranking officers for some reason

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’m a couple of years older than Jack and can tell you that only the well off kids had branded Halloween stuff in the late 80s/early 90s. I lived in a fairly nice area and we all had costumes made with bin bags and old tights. Maybe the odd mask or witches hat from Clinton’s. It was a lot more of a DIY thing back then.
I'm 20 years older than Jack almost and absolutely. Home made was the way to go. I once went out as a dice for Halloween. Late 1970s. My mum made it from a cardboard box and it was brilliant. From recollection she covered the box in material like you get when you are sent a phone through the post, not fabric but stretchy and then stuck dots on it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Miguel is absolutely the anti Jack. Every recipe I see I'm like I want to make that and that. The food is so well presented and the recipes are so easy.
He totally is.

I bought her first book, tried cooking a couple of things from it but they didn’t work. It then went back on my shelf for a number of years before I realised what a bleep she was and it went to recycling as I couldn’t bring myself to inflict it on anyone else.

I also bought his first book. Cooked loads of things from it, some of which I then cooked regularly. As I’m a bit skint at the moment (unemployed waiting for a new job to start but managing due to savings so no need to sell my lightbulbs or set up a patreon yet) it’s come back off my shelf and I cooked one of his recipes today.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
From the last thread her excruciating announcement about standing for election

The entire thing is such typical Jack. Why always such overwrought and overwritten hyperbole?

View attachment 1310202

If I could magically remove one word (ok two) from Jack’s vocabulary never to be seen or heard again it would be SEVERE/SEVERELY

I’d quite literally even let her keep her misuse of literally as a trade off.
For me, it's a toss-up between "granular" and "forensic".

• Haha
I once rocked up to a superhero party in a wonder woman costume constructed of paper mache and my pe knickers with star stickers on. The sort you get from the stationary cupboard at work. Unfortunately the birthday boy thought his superman costume gave him special powers and we arrived at the same time as the ambulance. In those hallowed pre mobile times my poor Mum had to drag me down Oxford street as she was meeting an old work friend who would have already set off.
Back in topic I bet Jack was being supergirl the 80s cheerleader version

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I'm 20 years older than Jack almost and absolutely. Home made was the way to go. I once went out as a dice for Halloween. Late 1970s. My mum made it from a cardboard box and it was brilliant. From recollection she covered the box in material like you get when you are sent a phone through the post, not fabric but stretchy and then stuck dots on it.
I went as rubbish one year. The obligatory bin bag, but with a twist! The twist being a few crisp packets and penguin wrappers stuck to it. Also I've got ten years on Jack and I didn't see a pumpkin til about 5 minutes ago. It was always suedes for lanterns, which took hours and hours to carve.

This is cracking material, eh 😆 Jack pet, you can have this for nowt!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
You're only supposed to have two steroids in a shoulder in your lifetime, as they make the tendons degrade.

Good luck with that.
I saw her comment earlier and was going to post my own experience. I've had a CT guided injection in my spine and was told if it didn't work they wouldn't go again. But my injection wasn't for RA so didn't want to contradict in case she was, for once, telling the truth. Reader, I am not shocked to learn she's back on her bullshit.

‘Please look at this photo of me as a child and tell me I was cute, and already a warrior queen who thought of nothing but helping the poor.’

View attachment 1313007

Ask, and squigs shall deliver:

View attachment 1313011
We've never needed an eye roll reaction more

• Heart
He totally is.

I bought her first book, tried cooking a couple of things from it but they didn’t work. It then went back on my shelf for a number of years before I realised what a bleep she was and it went to recycling as I couldn’t bring myself to inflict it on anyone else.

I also bought his first book. Cooked loads of things from it, some of which I then cooked regularly. As I’m a bit skint at the moment (unemployed waiting for a new job to start but managing due to savings so no need to sell my lightbulbs or set up a patreon yet) it’s come back off my shelf and I cooked one of his recipes today.
I'm going to cook something tonight as well

I've been struggling with eating post covid and my life has gone a tad to tit in the last couple of weeks for various reasons and when that happens I don't look after myself as much as I should and his books will help

Long term they will also hopefully help me save money and not waste food either. I don't waste much food but there's room for improvement

I also want to stop buying micro meals even if they are reduced and cook more from scratch

I've only cooked his mac and no cheese and the bubble and squeak potatoes so far but liked them both

His recipes also look interesting. He makes stuff with leftovers that you wouldn't think of cooking yourself

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.