Jack Monroe #317 Poverty Contrepreneur

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've never seen Linda Riley before. Does she always look like that?

I have purely anecdotal evidence that this is true. My boyfriend of 6 years is a 6ft 1 angel 😊

Do we have a quieter day today?

Fingers crossed we'll have a quiet few days, maybe Harold will take her to Lidl or something.🤞

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Guess Jack is busy celebrating the platty jubby with all her 2nd gen immigrant Marxist family members today.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Was she not live tweeting some gubbins on the way back from Celery, Edinburgh too? Something to do with seat allocation during the pandemic?
I missed that train chaos. Swearing at some poor customer service staff member on low pay? She's classy, eh? Her entitlement boils my piss.

• Angry
Reactions: 35
As for those shoes I've worn shoes like that not for a long time mind you, they are OK but if she paid 225 quid for them she's been robbed blind
When I wore shoes like that I wore them to work.
Oh this will count as 'work', alright. If the taxes are ever gotten around to, the shoes will be a business expense.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
To be fair to Linda I don’t know she was exactly posing, or even trying to be in the photo

• Haha
Reactions: 26
You're only supposed to have two steroids in a shoulder in your lifetime, as they make the tendons degrade.

Good luck with that.
Thanks for saying this because that’s my understanding of steroid injections. Well maybe not 2 in your lifetime but I’d definitely heard (several family members) that once you’ve had one it will be years before they’ll do another. I’ve had family who have had immediate relief from them but quite short term hits and they are gagging for a second but Docs won’t let it happen. I’m pretty sure they spell that out to you when you have your first because it’s a bit of a last chance saloon procedure before surgery 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 38
Guess Jack is busy celebrating the platty jubby with all her 2nd gen immigrant Marxist family members today.
She just got paid so she’ll be shutting down her nearest John Lewis for a peasant free shop up like Michael Jackson used to do

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Oh this will count as 'work', alright. If the taxes are ever gotten around to, the shoes will be a business expense.
There's rules around that though. She can't just write everything off as an expense particularly if she wears these shoes in her non working time. I'm very aware that some people know how to claim for a lot of things to keep their tax bills down but claiming two hundred quid to go to an event where she got paid how much?

What I'm trying to say is. Let's say she got paid 200 quid for last night then tried to claim 200 quid shoes as an expense if I were HMRC I would be wondering why

I'm not trying to speculate if she did or didn't get paid but if she did claim those shoes as an expense and wore them for a night out with pals she wouldn't be justified in claiming for the entire amount as they then wouldn't be work shoes

Same with travel. There are times where if you are self employed you might claim a proportion of a travel ticket as an expense but not all of it

You would also expect if she bought those shoes and claimed them as a work expense that she would wear them a lot to work

Most of her work is sitting around the house anyway. Apart from the odd gig last night and dressing up as a fanny for her book covers

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Thanks for saying this because that’s my understanding of steroid injections. Well maybe not 2 in your lifetime but I’d definitely heard (several family members) that once you’ve had one it will be years before they’ll do another. I’ve had family who have had immediate relief from them but quite short term hits and they are gagging for a second but Docs won’t let it happen. I’m pretty sure they spell that out to you when you have your first because it’s a bit of a last chance saloon procedure before surgery 🤷‍♀️
I've had two in each shoulder. After two in my right I had an op. Then had two in the left. Was facing an operation on that one then somehow my shoulder miraculously got better on it own. Well actually it just stopped hurting , doc said it wasn't 'cured' and in fact said I could still have the op. I chose not to. He said if it stayed stable for a few years then started up again they could at that point consider more injections.Fortunately though it hurts like buggery sometimes it's usually only for a few days or few weeks at most before it simmers down. I'll do anything to avoid the op.i was out of action so long last time cos after it 'healed' it then bloody froze.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
‘Please look at this photo of me as a child and tell me I was cute, and already a warrior queen who thought of nothing but helping the poor.’

C9EA79EE-3BDF-4B41-B57E-9A8936C31D39.jpeg

Ask, and squigs shall deliver:

DD267B6A-30D5-42A3-B06D-B6EE3BEAEFAE.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 95
Bet the crappy bungalow street sent all their rations to her Madge for a platty cake, cos nobody is immune #costoflivingcisis #godblesshermaj

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.