Jack Monroe #317 Poverty Contrepreneur

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had two in each shoulder. After two in my right I had an op. Then had two in the left. Was facing an operation on that one then somehow my shoulder miraculously got better on it own. Well actually it just stopped hurting , doc said it wasn't 'cured' and in fact said I could still have the op. I chose not to. He said if it stayed stable for a few years then started up again they could at that point consider more injections.
Yep that sounds very similar to folk I know. Not known anyone to have more than 2 and certainly not every 9 months - however nobody has more sever arthritis than Jack so they probs just chucked the medical protocol out the window for her 😏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
‘Please look at this photo of me as a child and tell me I was cute, and already a warrior queen who thought of nothing but helping the poor.’

View attachment 1313007

Ask, and squigs shall deliver:

View attachment 1313011
Imagine having ego strokers like this on tap...adulation whenever you want! They are praising her for having been a child. 🤷‍♀️
I'm part envious and part appalled. Sounds lovely at first but, boy, that must fudge you up!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
It's... a child in a hat and t shirt. Why are squigs acting like it's a snap of Mother Theresa 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
These threads move just too quickly for me now - I can barely catch my breath in between visits and there will be at least one full thread and sometimes two for me to catch up on.

I did want to mention that, if award season is now fully upon us, that maybe if people have the screenshots (I genuinely haven’t a clue how I would find them!) we should share in each thread that features her either giving or receiving an award the posts about her not caring for such shiny trinkets. Also - if they are Pride awards or related to her being the biggest NB lesbian in the world, then we should be sharing the tit out of the one that shows she is dating a man. Let’s face it, Harold would be there simpering at her side if he was a Haroldina - and her merrily rocking up to these things as a lesbian or NB or both, evidencing her theft of someone else’s voice and presence, is not cricket, in my opinion.
Meh. She's still 'queer' just hasn't relabelled herself. If she wasn't so prominent I wouldn't really care much. And can't say I care much on it now. She's just too scared to come out as something else, probably because being bi isn't trendy anymore. I am surprised she hasn't gone down the pan route. But again, she's missed the bandwagon with that being a hot label too.
I don't think trying to out her as anything is a particularly great idea because it's literally not an issue (or shouldn't be in this day and age).
Not even for the most gayest lesbian gayer in the world ever. *see the lesbian brogues for full context of how gay she is.
🏳️‍🌈

ETA sorry I can see lots of comments after this one I've replied to and the thread has moved on.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
She never seems to take her son anywhere or do anything with him. Where’s the trips to London to see a show? The jaunts to the seaside? The rambles in the countryside?
Oh she did that, took a shopping trolley with them if i recall for some bizarre reason, despite owning several large backpacks for the performative Asda £20 shop yomps

Reactions: 20
She's shrunk again.
Hopefully is continues because in a couple of years she will be the size of a Borrower and we can shut her in a matchbox.
I'm sure the rats or was it mice, made Mrs twit think she was Shrinking, perhaps that's what's happening her. She reminds me alot of Mrs twit!

After the Worms in the Spaghetti trick, Mr Twit makes Mrs Twit believe that she is slowly shrinking by gluing pieces of wood no thicker than a penny onto her cane each night, as well as onto the legs of a stool. He says that the only cure for this condition is to be stretched.
Forgive me it was Mr twit.

Oh Harold you are a tease! I bet that's what's been happening?!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Thanks for saying this because that’s my understanding of steroid injections. Well maybe not 2 in your lifetime but I’d definitely heard (several family members) that once you’ve had one it will be years before they’ll do another. I’ve had family who have had immediate relief from them but quite short term hits and they are gagging for a second but Docs won’t let it happen. I’m pretty sure they spell that out to you when you have your first because it’s a bit of a last chance saloon procedure before surgery 🤷‍♀️
I'm not sure, I had three cortisone injections in my foot in about a 9 month timeframe, then I had surgery. I'm sure that's a steroid? Maybe it depends on where they are injecting and the drug used?

Reactions: 17
Thanks for saying this because that’s my understanding of steroid injections. Well maybe not 2 in your lifetime but I’d definitely heard (several family members) that once you’ve had one it will be years before they’ll do another. I’ve had family who have had immediate relief from them but quite short term hits and they are gagging for a second but Docs won’t let it happen. I’m pretty sure they spell that out to you when you have your first because it’s a bit of a last chance saloon procedure before surgery 🤷‍♀️

Rheumatology at Guy's is pretty forthright about their opinions on multiple steroid joint injections - I've seen it put in my notes that I can't have any further ankle or foot injections and they're holding off on the shoulder and hip because of the only two in a lifetime policy; they're not particularly keen on having to perform reconstructive surgery for people with spontaneous complete ruptures of tendons in the fortnight after one shot too many, according to the consultant. PsA and EDS combine to become a right bastard, don't they? I did half jokingly ask what about just giving the anaesthetic and leaving the steroid out - the answer was that the act of injecting the joint itself was also a risk of infection and they're already worried that the ims I've had in the past had contributed to the tendinosis around my hip.

I've never put weight on from injectable steroids (did have a bloated face and developed a fat pad on the back of my neck when on a three month course of oral ones, but didn't actually get heavier) - I've actually lost weight afterwards because I've actually been able to be more active and able to shop/cook/eat more healthily with the increase in mobility. The only thing I'm careful with is taking time to go back to the gym and sticking strictly to range of movement on the affected joints/no weight on them for three weeks afterwards.

However, I've not gone to Venice and eaten my bodyweight in gelato afterwards, which might have something to do with it. And I've always gone back to work either that day or the day after, rather than being able to flump around a bungalow with three freezers and free money to spend on shite for months years on end.

ETA: I used to get dexamethasone but Guy's stepped it down to methylprednisolone because the risk profile is slightly better.

Cortisone is the 'weakest'/shortest acting one.

Relative Potencies of Systemic Glucocorticoids

Corticosteroid​
Activity​
Relative potency​
Equivalent dose (mg)​
Dexamethasone​
Long-acting​
25​
0.75​
Prednisone​
Intermediate-acting​
4​
5.0​
Methylprednisolone​
Intermediate-acting​
5​
4.0​
Hydrocortisone​
Short-acting​
1.0​
20.0​

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I'm not sure, I had three cortisone injections in my foot in about a 9 month timeframe, then I had surgery. I'm sure that's a steroid? Maybe it depends on where they are injecting and the drug used?
Steroid injections are a last resort kinda treatment. If her arthritis existed was as bad she says, then she'd be seeing a physio, doing exercises, and finding ways to manage pain. She's lying. She's stolen it off her mum. (Her mum would be in need of such injections, by all accounts, she does have it quite badly.)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Imagine having ego strokers like this on tap...adulation whenever you want! They are praising her for having been a child. 🤷‍♀️
I'm part envious and part appalled. Sounds lovely at first but, boy, that must fudge you up!
She laps it up but I can say honestly, if it were me and people were making OTT statements about me like that, publicly... 😬😬 I'd feel uncomfortable and embarrassed! It's so sickly and OTT that they come across as creepy and obsessed, and it's really cringey. I'd be mortified that everyone can read the things they were saying. But she actively cultivates a bubble full of these types. Nah mate 😬

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I think SB is choosing not to spend time with her. (Can anyone blame him?).
Lives most of the time with his Dad and goes to school close by so it follows that his friends all live round that way. That’s where he’ll want to spend his time.
You really have to make an effort with older kids or they just drift away. Monroe can’t even stay off Twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
It's quite sad she's sharing her kid photos with a bunch of strangers, occasionally I stumble across photos of me when I was little but I share them, with my husband, kids, siblings or my mum, not people I don't know or I know would even care because they don't know me or the story behind the pic.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It's... a child in a hat and t shirt. Why are squigs acting like it's a snap of Mother Theresa 😭
And a child in a hat and t shirt that looks like a proper little madam. Playing up for attention even at that age.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.