Jack Monroe #317 Poverty Contrepreneur

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ffs is she actually trying to suggest she’s trying for a baby but having fertility problems? Are my comprehension skills fucked or is she just as weasely with her words as ever? That’s how I’m reading it. Also. Screenies or it didn’t happen, hun. You’re telling me the picture YOU have only just posted has caused a flurry of DMs at 5am? Sure, Jan.
It's weasely narc communication. Leaving all her options open while she works out the best direction to go in.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I definitely don’t speak for anyone other than myself (lesbian or not!) but I personally find it a bit iffy that Jack herself will happily claim to be a lesbian when it suits - and she definitely isn’t. How many times has she made out she doesn’t get shows/gigs/paying work because she is a tattooed lesbian leftie or some such nonsense?

If she claims pan/fluid or any such thing now, in my own personal opinion, it is in the same boat as when she was a scrummy mummy on the hunt for a man in those Facebook makeup groups, to her being a butch lesbian, to being trans for the Guardian, then NB since - and full circle to her make-up and girly jewellery, long hair wigs, Mary Poppins dress up etc etc, and now full circle - dating a man and cosplaying TTC. A coat to pop on if there is a few quid and/or exposure for brand Monroe to be had. And always at the expense of a genuine voice.

Again - just my opinion. Some people damage a cause by appropriating it - rather than giving it credence. Jack is in that category, for me.
Her calling herself a lesbian is just really annoying all round, I agree and it’s done as part of some image that she somehow thinks wouldn’t be the same if she were bi or pan or fluid. What I don’t want to hear, given she’s dating a man now and clearly interested in men, is the word “lesbian” come out of her mouth again so at this point I would give Jack basic credit for acknowledging she might have been in gay relationships but isn’t gay. It’s a basic and low bar I’d appreciate if she’d clear from now on.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
If I wanted to shut down pregnancy rumours, I would simply say 'no I'm not pregnant!' rather than this 'people's bodies are none of your business, I am however going to protect my new child 🤞 from press intrusion'. But she doesn't want to shut down the rumours, whether she's pregnant or not, does she?

• Heart
Reactions: 81
Personally I think it’s best to stop speculating over pregnancy and whether Other Handbag is a man. I feel she’s set that up to detract from the real issue where she is a poverty influencer who expects to be paid for saying there is poverty

• Heart
Reactions: 60
A current minor irritation that I’m sure has been discussed previously is Jack using “they/them” pronouns on Twitter for an “OH” who I’d wager goes by he/him, so as to downplay the dating of a bloke.

You’re dating a bloke, Jack. Get over it.

Personally I think it’s best to stop speculating over pregnancy and whether Other Handbag is a man. I feel she’s set that up to detract from the real issue where she is a poverty influencer who expects to be paid for saying there is poverty
The pregnancy, I agree, speculating on body changes isn’t too fair but just IMO.

The dating a man and not just saying so goes to presentation of image and frankness as part of a persona we are meant to buy into, so it’s relevant.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I woke up laughing at (with!) this. There is just something so exquisite about it. The dash, the all caps, the exclamation mark.
🤣 I was crying with laughter at some of Take a Break headlines last night, it was like The Canal were collectively wired after pulling an all-nighter to get a book they’d had three years to finish over the line with a minute to spare. Can’t blame wine. As it wasn’t even - a FRIDAY!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I’ve been thinking about Harold (or possibly ‘Hilda’). Jack has stated that they have a ‘part time job in a little shop’, however they do seem to have quite a bit of money. I suspect this part time retail work is being seriously understated by Jack - and Harold or Hilda is likely to own a high end shop or small chain rather than just work Tuesday afternoons on minimum wage.
I did briefly consider whether Howard was Mary Portas but she does have a Twitter account.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I definitely don’t speak for anyone other than myself (lesbian or not!) but I personally find it a bit iffy that Jack herself will happily claim to be a lesbian when it suits - and she definitely isn’t. How many times has she made out she doesn’t get shows/gigs/paying work because she is a tattooed lesbian leftie or some such nonsense?

If she claims pan/fluid or any such thing now, in my own personal opinion, it is in the same boat as when she was a scrummy mummy on the hunt for a man in those Facebook makeup groups, to her being a butch lesbian, to being trans for the Guardian, then NB since - and full circle to her make-up and girly jewellery, long hair wigs, Mary Poppins dress up etc etc, and now full circle - dating a man and cosplaying TTC. A coat to pop on if there is a few quid and/or exposure for brand Monroe to be had. And always at the expense of a genuine voice.

Again - just my opinion. Some people damage a cause by appropriating it - rather than giving it credence. Jack is in that category, for me.
Can’t upvote this enough. Jacks clearly fluid in both sexuality and gender expression and that’s fine. But the issue I have is that she has form for using the lesbian and trans labels as a weapon to bully others or slap them down from questioning her. That’s the problem I have with her.

likewise I have no comments to make on her body weight, it’s her business, I’m a big fan of the body neutral approach. All I would say is that she has a very typical Mediterranean body, we are kind of square shaped. Go to Greece Albania Cyprus or even south Italy and clock the women over 30 who’ve had kids. We often have that sturdy square shape from the hips up. Different parts of the world tend to have diff body types, who cares. My issue is that Jack has major form in weight baiting, ED baiting and skinny shooping. As an ED survivor that really FUCKS ME OFF.

Finally she better watch it with the Mermaids love as they are going to go the same way as Kids Company in the next couple of years. Their record on child safeguarding and financial transparency is pitiful. Stuff has started to dribble out and now people are starting to look more seriously at them in more detail there will be a lot more. Way to go with bigging Up child safeguarding Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 80
Grunking but bleeping hell, does she ever wash? At all? Any part of her body? Or look in a mirror before she leaves the house? She always looks like she’s got a layer of dirt on her.

Reactions: 12
Jack doesn't give a tit about safeguarding. Her interpretation of it is deformed.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I’ve been thinking about Harold (or possibly ‘Hilda’). Jack has stated that they have a ‘part time job in a little shop’, however they do seem to have quite a bit of money. I suspect this part time retail work is being seriously understated by Jack - and Harold or Hilda is likely to own a high end shop or small chain rather than just work Tuesday afternoons on minimum wage.
I did briefly consider whether Howard was Mary Portas but she does have a Twitter account.
I would totally rofl if it was Mary Portas.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Tbh I’ve worried for him that it’s just access to credit which seems to go up exponentially provided you just keep the account open. You can lease or finance a big car for £500 a month, men these days are buying watches on 5 year finance agreements, etc etc.

I think can’t help but suspect the days of wealthy or high income partners are over for a multitude of reasons, our Wiki being one of them 🤭

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Mary portas has a brain, she’s far too savvy to be snared by a pixie

Reactions: 36
Fully agree!!! She's trying to play the classic politicians trick of creating a new headline to distract from the real story.

She's hoping "Is Jack Monroe pregnant?" will become the taling point rather than "Jack Monroe falsely represented stats, lied about working with the ONS, got busted by proper statisticians and economists, and is being rapidly exposed to the public as a fraud"

No bleeping chance Jack.

Let's talk about your misrepresented stats, your unpaid taxes, the missing teemill money and more grifts.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
I wondered if OH was the owner of the hat shop.

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.