Jack Monroe #317 Poverty Contrepreneur

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh it’s her usual bollocks of course. But I’m dying at her quoting the Woman's Weekly line in those hushed elegiacal tones 😂 how in earth does she manage to pitch everything so wrong, every single time? It’s almost a gift.
She is so partridge
Except Steve Coogan is funny and she isn't

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Claire had a little singing career I think (she was always a singer before actress) she’s popular with the community and has appeared at Pride singing
ETA Sinitta would well have turned up!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Hold on. I'm in my 50s and brookside started when I was 14 so Jack wasn't born when it started. Assuming we are,talking about the same Claire Sweeney. What the duck is she going on about?

Actually I'm wrong she would have been 4 but I stand by it. She never bleeping watched brookside. duck the duck off
I suspect she is referring to Lindsey Corkhill the lesbian phase that happened in the late 90s. I am 4 years older than Our Mav so would have been 14-15 at the time. She would have been 10-11 (not a teenager!)

Reactions: 18
Hold on. I'm in my 50s and brookside started when I was 14 so Jack wasn't born when it started. Assuming we are,talking about the same Claire Sweeney. What the duck is she going on about?

Actually I'm wrong she would have been 4 but I stand by it. She never bleeping watched brookside. duck the duck off
brookside ended in 2003. claire sweeney was in it from 1991-2003 (with breaks)

jack was 14 when brookside ended and could well have seen claire sweeney in it as a teenager

obv, I'm not sticking up for jack, I'm just #forensic

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
They have pretty controversial views on a lot of things
I suppose I don’t want to derail the thread too much.

just posting this as it is adjacent to Jack’s taking personal stories of poor people

People have their views on this and that but we see Jack being put on a pedestal for “doing good” and that is something similar against any charities.

we Should hold everyone up to scrutiny of the Same level, the ones we do or don’t believe in.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Claire Sweeney is very popular amongst the gay and drag community around our way. Same as Jane Macdonald.

Reactions: 20
Screenshot_20220602-013326_Instagram.jpg

Take a Break Jack is so much more fun than Real Jack. She should have her own thread in the Rave section.

• Haha
Reactions: 94
Doesn’t look like Jack has made the Birthday Honours List. No MBE. Maybe next time! 🥲

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I fear her 2016 Victoria wood claim might be yet another of Jack's Tall Stories.
She is young. Victoria Wood at night is the kind of thing I'd have tried to stay up for , when jack was a baby.
Maybe there were repeats when she was older, I am old enough to be Harold's first wife so what do I know?
This is a massive shot in the arm for the hitherto dwindling 1978 truther campaign.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I suppose I don’t want to derail the thread too much.

just posting this as it is adjacent to Jack’s taking personal stories of poor people

People have their views on this and that but we see Jack being put on a pedestal for “doing good” and that is something similar against any charities.

we Should hold everyone up to scrutiny of the Same level, the ones we do or don’t believe in.
and from that very article

Screenshot_20220602-003753_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Frauen and Herren, I have solved a mystery. Jack does indeed have double pierced ears, and is not in fact wearing two Tiffany earrings in one hole.

humbnails%2Fimage%2F2017%2F03%2F10%2F14%2Fmonroe-0.jpg

I know this is the piping hot tea you've all been waiting for. No need to thank me x

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.