Jack Monroe #317 Poverty Contrepreneur

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my gosh, has she not turned up again?

Are we going to get an essay tomorrow on why, including sad sob story of not fitting into an old dress?

(Praise beans, VIV LIVES)
It looks like it’s over and it was a 7pm start. It’s on YouTube and I just skimmed through and couldn’t see her, but I may have missed it I guess? Imagine if she got the time wrong or just didn’t turn up and will use the dress excuse. LJC.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Cally is North, Kings Rd is West. Jeez even the charity shops in Hackney back in the day kept the Spenny designer stuff locked away, with a hand written note of what they had and a price, you had to ask to see it!
Viv is what scouse schoolgirls wear.
There's one called the Octavia foundation, one on Brompton road and high street ken iirc. You find actual designer things in there. Mate got an actual Birkin for 7k. Yep, 7k in a charity shop. Sorry for derailing, mods, slightly relevant in relation to the Viv dress. Sorry!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
It looks like it’s over and it was a 7pm start. It’s on YouTube and I just skimmed through and couldn’t see her, but I may have missed it I guess? Imagine if she got the time wrong or just didn’t turn up and will use the dress excuse. LJC.
Maybe there's another award show she went to. Who ever bloody knows with Jack!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Someone has just liked a post of mine from thread 31. I’m cringing at my 2 years ago self where I was kindish to Jack. I can’t edit it now so I’d just like to retract a lot especially the part where I said “I’m genuinely sorry you are having a crappy time”. Since the kitten happened I’m not sorry at all and any sympathy I felt has long gone. Thankspaceyou
It was me, I'm the Grunker

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Could have been Oxfam IF she got it on the King's Road
I once did some volunteering 🔺 for oxfam in their sorting offices. We had instructions and were watched so if anything we unboxed looked. Expensive we had to hand it to be sorted separately. We found some collections of certain things which to a collector of those items could be sold for high value and they took them away separately.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Yes I wondered about that suit. Wasn't it worth about £300? Should appeal to her snobbish nature. I hope she didn't dye it black.

I too got stuck in something - a dress in a very small changing room in Kookai (RIP). Amazing how panic and sweat levels go from 0 - 100 in 5 seconds 😂 No knives involved but I did break the zip 😬
Happened to me in Hobbs. Well and truly stuck. The more I tried to get the dress off, the more my body expanded. My hands became crumpled, my hair went the way it does in a humid country and the lights in the changing room turned into the Spanish Inquisition. I burst the zip, got lipstick on the dress, dressed myself, calmed down, got out of the changing room and the lady asked how it was. I said I was taking it knowing fine that if I said it wasn’t suitable she would take it off me and see the damage. I popped it on the sale rail between two coats.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Mundane life stories
HARASSED ONLINE about my staircase
Burglars STOLE all my shopping receipts
Lost my Tile... then FOUND IT AGAIN
I dress up as Mary Poppins for FUN

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I wonder if the pov pixie will pick a side yet on the Depp/Heard trial now a verdict has been reached. It’s still divisive so probably not. Or she will pick a side then flip flop on it!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I don;t believe the viv dress came from a charity shop. wasn't the dress triangulated to an online outlet shop?

Reactions: 21
Can anyone post a link to the awards show? It’s a hard choice whether to watch Smol Pixie or Scotland v Ukraine (it’s not really)

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Self publish on Amazon/Kindle/Audible in the same category as all of Jack's ones, but aggressively undercut her prices then donate the funds to Marcus Rashford's charity. Triple whammy - get some great low cost recipes out there, genuinely raise money for a good cause and as an added bonus, hurt Jack's revenue stream and drive her bleeping mad with fury 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
We use a publisher who will print and post, some worldwide, a 16 page A4 sized magazine for approx £800 for 400 copies.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The rainbow honours looks like a celebration of corporate rainbow washing on a massive scale https://www.rainbowhonours.com/shortlist-2022.html

Ah the founder is Linda Riley - I think there's a jack history there, right?
This is the start of Pride month isn’t it? Jack can’t come out as having an old Harold this month. I wonder if it’ll be like the Gingerbread thing where they say it’s ok she’s going out with a man, but identifies as a lesbian.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Can anyone post a link to the awards show? It’s a hard choice whether to watch Smol Pixie or Scotland v Ukraine (it’s not really)
There's no live stream (I think tickets would've been megabucks) but they are updating twitter here

Screenshot_20220601-204336.png

I'm now unfollowing in case anyone tried to 🔺 me

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
This is the start of Pride month isn’t it? Jack can’t come out as having an old Harold this month. I wonder if it’ll be like the Gingerbread thing where they say it’s ok she’s going out with a man, but identifies as a lesbian.
She’s gonna go all “I don’t believe in labels”

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.