Jack Monroe #315 The man from the mortgage broker, he say No

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know I'm flogging a dead horse here but what exactly is she claiming to have achieved these last 10 years? That she has yet again reiterated the point that everything is more expensive if you're poor? Well done, Jack. Round of applause 👏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Loads of people seem to think Jack is right still. They don't bother looking into the data themselves.

Reactions: 27
TIL that putting a bra on makes you all twitchy. I'm obviously doing it wrong.

LOL at the goalpost moving with 'the next pasta up is 240% more!'! YES Jack that's because supermarkets typically put a few extra pence on the middle market ranges to pay for the basics ranges which are loss leaders. Would you rather they didn't?

• Haha
Reactions: 43
🧐 Just for our own reference (info is publicly available), the date of the offending CCJ was 17 February 2021.

PS. Sorry if this has already been posted - am soooooo behind.

• Wow
Reactions: 94
Oh my gosh, this is absolute gold!!!
“Bizarrely, Jack is seems to have misread the research.”
From the economics editor of the FT no less. This is glorious!
She’s so desperate to claim credit for all the work the ONS has done, but way too thick to understand it.
p.s. and what’s the betting she will now allow the Vimes Boots index to fade away, having suggested that the ONS used it when compiling their index.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
how could she not know when the data came out i she was collaborating with them so closely?

Also, keep up the insult to professional data and economic peeps. Makes you look super professional and relevant (not)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.