Jack Monroe #314 Take care on the stairs you pretend to fall down repeatedly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought she was disabled? And why would pregnancy be relevant but being a single parent irrelevant? Make it make sense Jack 🙄😮💨
Maybe because the baby daddy has always been so involved that Jack never counted as a single parent? I don’t know the criteria, just speculating.

A door the coulour of a tiffany box... much working class. I don't even know what colour that is but them I wasn't born into privilege. Squigs, how can you not connect the bleeping dots here?
I had no idea either. She has obviously mentioned Tiffany to taunt us.

I googled and Tiffany Blue is a trademarked shade of “robin egg” that all their boxes are coloured.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
Maybe because the baby daddy has always been so involved that Jack never counted as a single parent? I don’t know the criteria, just speculating.
If SB spends over half his time at his dad's (conservative guestimate) - then surely that is yet another reason that to proceed with this case is ridiculous? So much of her USP is as a single mum. Her whole brand is based on falsehoods.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
The only remotely caring thing she's said about SB that I can recall is this. She doesn't want to uproot him. After moving home so many times as a child due to dad's naval role, I constantly felt like the new kid or odd one out and we moved from the south of England to Scotland and back again several times, so it involved different school systems, approaches to learning, slang and in jokes, having the wrong accent, too English in Scotland and too Scottish in England. I've said to my husband that I would only consider moving house of we really had no other option and only to somewhere nearby so they keep their friends as I couldn't bear for them to experience the disruption I went through (never mind them having additional needs to further complicate things).

Then I remembered that Jack has disrupted his life constantly, with her addiction, her narcissism, her frequent early introductions to new partners (rather than waiting to be sure a relationship is working) and I realise it's more about her feelings and her not wanting to leave Thorpe Bay because she feels she deserves to live there and won't consider moving even a tiny bit out of the area even if it would be more affordable. twit
I thought he went too school near his dad, not her, so not even relevant

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Just going back to this as it irritates me, and it's the second time she's come out with it now. Unless she has some level of debt that she's having to repay, her council tax does not cost this. Council tax spread across 10 months where she is, is £266/m. She's entitled to a single person discount of 25% which makes it £200. £200, is not nearly £300. But... she can't lie? 🙄

View attachment 1303766
Yes but she’s pretending sb lives with her, she’s excluding the discount.

Reactions: 24
Re the painting of the front door.
The reason white UPVC doors are popular is because of security. The locks in them make it harder to kick them in and are of a minimum standard which most home insurers request. Having a front door you can paint costs you in more ways than one.

She really is ignorant on so many things.

Reactions: 35
If her door is pvc she won't be able to paint it. Wooden doors are alot of maintaince. You have to treat them to stop rot, ensure they don't warp. It's not all about the lovely colour. I know we have wooden doors and windows!
Oh, I think the door painting is fine. I have a door colour for when I build my little home. Admittedly, no one but me gives a damn, but (dammit) I'm going to give Jack this one

ETA: Sydney people go mad for sexy, expsy paint. Chalk paint, mud paint, thick bold colour paint. !Guilty!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Just picking up last night’s tweets. First one in response to a random showing a picture of peeled garlic in a tub in Waitrose.

9ACC1AC4-51CA-4D76-819F-99E76064EA8C.jpeg

Not sure why she is talking about having a bath.
334AE97E-181F-4169-887C-45E700BCE516.jpeg

More late night snark.
4937E317-3121-4A6B-8010-36CF546DC0D5.jpeg

I wonder if it has occurred to her why the book advances have decreased over time?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
The #jackshack with the butter knife under the lid, wouldn't that be difficult for arthritic hands? You need to have a strong grip on the jar and use a bit of force.
If you had RA you'd know about those rubber grips specially made for older folk and people with #actualarthritis.
Have a lovely night.

• Sad
Reactions: 59
The #jackshack with the butter knife under the lid, wouldn't that be difficult for arthritic hands? You need to have a strong grip on the jar and use a bit of force.
If you had RA you'd know about those rubber grips specially made for older folk and people with #actualarthritis.
Have a lovely night.
Apart from being tricky for normal hands let alone arthritic ones, tapping the lid on the edge of the worktop is easier.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Apart from being tricky for normal hands let alone arthritic ones, tapping the lid on the edge of the worktop is easier.
Also, for really stubborn metal lids on glass jars that won't budge after worktop tapping, turn the jar upside down into a bowl of hot water, making sure at least the lid part is submerged. Wait a few minutes, take the jar out of the water, pat dry with a tea towel and open easily (caution, the lid will be a bit hot).

A person with ouchy hands due to actual arthritis probably won't have the strength in their joints to apply the butter knife trick.

Strange she's never mentioned any mobility aids for the kitchen, like rubber grips to open jar lids, tools to open screw caps on bottles and cartons or ring pullers for tins, especially since she's the self proclaimed Queen of Tins.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

New thread, my first Jack thread creation so apologies to all for any chaos

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.