Jack Monroe #314 Take care on the stairs you pretend to fall down repeatedly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's delusional. If her credit rating is shot to bits she won't be getting a mortgage in 3 years time. Earnest lil face and all. She is stone mad

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Sorry if this has been said, but I think there has been a dip in Patreon numbers following the twattery with Anderson / Fox. The house talk is an attempt to stop the softer pay pigs cancelling. In my opinion, your honour.
My mortgage was taken out when the rules changed to include more affordability checks, so the banks went over the top. I was asked about buying newspapers, coffee, breakfast on way to work. All my direct debits were discussed. It was intrusive and hard going but I knew why they were asking. They were perfectly pleasant about the whole thing, not at all hostile. I was a marginal case as I didn't have much credit history, no credit cards or store higher purchase. My mobile broadband was the thing that got me through! Mortgage books are a huge part of the banking industry so they are keen to sign you up - they don't want you to fail / go elsewhere. They want your debt and you servicing it through them.

• Wow
Reactions: 41
I’m familiar with F&B through my very middle class friends, and every single one of them either used it once and never again, or paid someone to decorate because apparently it’s awful to paint with.

And I’m just here with my magnolia Wilkos paint that the latest landlord has used that I have to keep topping up cos it’s a stupid colour to paint a family home like…

My LL had used that. Absolute crap paint.

They'd initially bought the house for their daughter in 2000, and done such a bodgy job of the place, she refused to have it, so they started renting it instead. I bet Jack would be like that too. Unless mummy and daddy gave her a place with an orangery, she wouldn't want it.

Reactions: 22
If we are all still here in 2 years discussing her shite then I am willing to bet she a) will not have changed at all in any aspect of her life, b) will not have saved enough for the house, c) will still be tweeting sad fishing crap for ££ and attention and d) will not have progressed any further in her food or political career.

I may be being harsh here, but unless something radical happens, then using the last few years as evidence, there is only one way her behavioural
tendencies are going and that is towards maintaining her ego and narcissistic personality.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Screenshot 2022-05-29 23.03.54.png

Me and a chum welcoming visitors to Scotland.

Screenshot 2022-05-29 23.06.20.png

Me, hearing Jack is coming to Scotland.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
So we’ve already discussed that getting a house means being liable for repairs and needing to get insurance. Does she also realise it is actually possible to lose a mortgaged house? Lots of people do. If she gets a 25 yr mortgage that’s 25 years of being financially responsible. Is she up to that?
I don’t think she can manage 25 minutes of being responsible in any way 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 27
On the bright side if things go wrong with her spending in the future she could set up her own support group for those struggling with credit spending & self obsession; KlarNarcs Anonymous.

(No offence meant to those who are in some form of recovery groups).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I’m familiar with F&B through my very middle class friends, and every single one of them either used it once and never again, or paid someone to decorate because apparently it’s awful to paint with.

Yes. My OH is a very highly skilled ex painter and decorator and point blank refuses to use F&B because he said it’s like painting with treacle.
He swears by Valspar and will not go for anything else. I picked a few F&B colours when we were decorating our house and ended up picking a Valspar colour which was close to them.

A door the coulour of a tiffany box... much working class. I don't even know what colour that is but them I wasn't born into privilege. Squigs, how can you not connect the bleeping dots here?

Also Jack, please don't come to Scotland. But if you do I know a nice wee place in Glasgow called Dalmuir WwTw you can stay at. You will fit right in.
Didn’t she have a whole going on about Tiffany blue and F&M eau de nil? Totes working class.

Light blue Jack. It’s light blue. Or when your door needs painting, just paint it whatever colour it is anyway, it will need fewer coats and therefore you will use less paint.

Reactions: 33
All citrus fruits are interchangeable @Into_the_tunnel! There will be kumquats too, naturally.

Thanks for getting the niche reference Hotes, it made me hoot when I saw it on the OT thread and nothing else rhymes quite so well with ankle.
Someone I know in Celery-town told me of a graffiti which said “fatty cocks wankel” with a cock n balls, natch. Dear heart Dino S followed the directions and took a photo for the canal. I think the cock was pointing down and that’s why it was unusual?

• Haha
  • Heart
I’ve been thinking about this response all day about not being able to get a council house. Something about the tone really sits uncomfortably with me- it’s like the angry bloke down Wetherspoons complaining how everyone else gets priority over them for support. Such a horrible attitude.
9C95B377-9289-4338-92EB-6704001F5AA4.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
I’ve been thinking about this response all day about not being able to get a council house. Something about the tone really sits uncomfortably with me- it’s like the angry bloke down Wetherspoons complaining how everyone else gets priority over them for support. Such a horrible attitudView attachment 1304048
I thought she was disabled? And why would pregnancy be relevant but being a single parent irrelevant? Make it make sense Jack 🙄😮💨

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.