Jack Monroe #312 She just throws adjectives at a page and hopes for the best

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been grunking for a few days but my over riding thought when reading her tweets is - does she even realise other people exist and have their own tit going on?? The world isn’t just sitting here waiting for her next tweet?

as above it’s fascinating psychology but it’s bloody exhausting and tedious too

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I am simply too busy at this time broadcasting all of my thoughts, dreams, insecurities and slop on Twitter to take on an actual job.

Send cashos I would like some fancy jam an European mini break soon.
I’m still mithering about the jam, who pays £7 for a jar of jam?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Poor smol pixie couldn't possibly know something technical like that ...

View attachment 1294818

Plus a couple of other posts about scheduling recipe posts and the #thunderclapforcarers stuff
Could this have been the furloughed admin team not her, though….?

@Cack Conroe’s ‘Fascinating Psychology.’ For TT because I can hear it in a withering tone that would annoy a grifter

ETA tried to tag Cack but couldn’t work it out (for someone who spends so much time on tattle, I’m embarrassingly bad at knowing how it all works! 🙃 )

• Haha
Reactions: 17
BBC Klaxon. I don't know if I am late to the party but Jacks food bank segment is on the BBC News page.

I await others hot takes.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I'd just like her to detail what she is actually doing during these hours of work. She's so vague with her 'behind the scenes' and 'big news soon' malarkey. What is she doing inside the crappy bungalow that she thinks constitutes the definition of work?

She is one of the most unproductive creatures in existence, I just don't know how she has the gall to keep claiming (and upping) her working hours schtick.
She makes Jim royale look like a workaholic

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

Nice that she brought out the same jumper again.
She sounds nervous because any minute someone from the food bank is going to ask her who the duck she is.

This, imo, is worse than a visit by an MP. This is photo op for Monroe who is cosplaying as a poor person, I'm a poor person, it's an insult and slap on the face and it's pissed.me.off and it's on 7am.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 78

Her and that sodding jam label story. Again she's taking the platform from the actual foodbank volunteers and centring herself "I did a tweet" "I've been doing this for 10 years now" "experience has stayed with me".

You could see how uncomfortable she seemed chatting to that man. I don't know if it was because he is an actual poor person or just because he was a real person, not in her phone.

She makes Jim royale look like a workaholic
Thread title?!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 63

Face made for radio and a voice made for Twitter. I wish she’d stop inflicting that nasally whine and dead eyed stare on the nation. Stop trying to get on the telly, pet. Your own show ain’t never gonna happen.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60

Still traumatised by jam going up by 4p over 10 years ago??

I have lived in poverty and nobody should, especially in one of the world’s richest countries.

But Girl, that is a privileged hand you have been dealt if jam prices still register in your memory bank of problems.

Also planning meals and then creating a shopping list from said plan is not hard, difficult work it is what families do all the time week in week out.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 68
I do wonder if the blue tick people that blow smoke up her arse actually follow her online. Because if you come to her account fresh, it's just so much nonsense about ouchy mouths, sandwhich spread (we called it mokey vomit growing up), bridges, using dryer lint to do something stupid, moans about having to do normal things like goign to the shops or doing life admin, etc etc. How are people not put off?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I'll be honest, not the worst Jack on TV I've seen (it's usually the worst when she's cooking something and flapping about). A shame it's centered around her, not the actual users of today though. Also still not clear how her 'work' works or her campainging works. She rightfully doesn't want her examples of £20 shops to be used by Tories that say you can live of 30p meals, but then again, if that's how you spend your time, making those £20 shops*? As a campaigner, surely you would want to spend your time differently if time and time again your activities are misrepresented? You could maybe get a job** at an anti-poverty organisation, or with a union that campaigns for higher wages?

I work at an ngo where at board and senior level we often have discussion about what's the best use of our resources, tackling the problem we find important (both in the long-term and short term) and ask ourselves if what we are doing is the best thing to do.

* I know she does not live of £20 shops, just taking a good faith argument here for the sake of it.
** I know she migth not be able to handle a job / be a nightmare to work with, again just looking at it in good faith

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I'll be honest, not the worst Jack on TV I've seen (it's usually the worst when she's cooking something and flapping about). A shame it's centered around her, not the actual users of today though. Also still not clear how her 'work' works or her campainging works. She rightfully doesn't want her examples of £20 shops to be used by Tories that say you can live of 30p meals, but then again, if that's how you spend your time, making those £20 shops*? As a campaigner, surely you would want to spend your time differently if time and time again your activities are misrepresented? You could maybe get a job** at an anti-poverty organisation, or with a union that campaigns for higher wages?

I work at an ngo where at board and senior level we often have discussion about what's the best use of our resources, tackling the problem we find important (both in the long-term and short term) and ask ourselves if what we are doing is the best thing to do.

* I know she does not live of £20 shops, just taking a good faith argument her for the sake of it.
** I know she migth not be able to handle a job / be a nightmare to work with, again just looking at it in good faith
Exactly this. She says been campaigning for 10 years, but how much campaigning has she actually done? Or to reframe, which of her activities does she think have been campaigning? Suing Katie Hopkins? Writing recipes for Leon (lol)? Nobbing around at the grouch club? Showing people how to write a shopping list? Pretending to eat for £20 a week then being annoyed that people say you can eat for £20 a week?

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.