Jack Monroe #312 She just throws adjectives at a page and hopes for the best

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“Thumbed off the carcass”

🤢.

That’s it. I’m off.

ETA- tell me you are a privileged POS without telling me you are a privileged POS.

9EE9E04A-BDCE-4662-815E-272AC7D662BC.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 55
"People who are in poverty are extraordinarily organised, and budget to within an inch of their lives" says Jack. So they're not Jack's target market for tit recipes are they, as they already know what they're doing!
Why does she never do a set of recipes from the kind of parcel her local foodbank would be giving out? Have we ever seen ANYTHING higlighting her local foodbank such as tweets, videos, what they need that month etc?

As for the whole merail stuff, I don't think I've ever seen anyone constantly turn the narrative back on themselves so much. It's just so distracting. I went through some awful stuff 10 years ago, but no way do I keep bringing it up this many years down the line. It is possible to have a conversation about a subject without pushing your own story to the front each and every time.

In another 10 years time Jack will still be having the same conversations, tweeting the same old crap, and pushing the same old recipes because she hasn't learnt anything in the last 10 years.
Also sick of her ‘people on poverty are excellent at budgeting’ claims. Some aren’t. It’s not a case of poor = good, organised, and not poor = bad, frivolous.

It’s almost like you can’t make sweeping generalisations about an entire group of people.

Does Jack even know anyone who is poor these days? On a close, personal level?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 55
Can someone explain why you need to slow cook pieces of roast chicken for ten hours?

I'm confused.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
I’m now under the impression that journalism is dead and all news programs scrape Twitter and call it research. So she comes up as trending to get work. Lazy BBC. No wonder food writers and actual charity campaigners avoid her like the plague. They must be seething she has all this exposure and does nothing but enrich herself with it.
ten years of campaigning and you have achieved duck all Jack. Maybe try another job … not cooking. The thing she reminds me of most is evangelical preacher con artists -except they are successful and rich by fleecing thegullible. So watch out for Jesus Jack.

ETA I guess she is successful at fleecing the gullible and vulnerable but she doesn’t have a private plane and she aspires ridiculous levels of wealth funded by others.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Did she roast the chicken herself? Or buy it from the rotisserie counter? What was it used for before she started thumbing the carcass. Enquiring minds want to know.
I found it, uh, ironic that yesterday she was wanging on about what a supporting, loving community she has on twitter, and asking people to get involved with it, before directing an hours-long pile-on towards anti-Labour squig. Yes, it's SUCH a beautiful community that would call someone a baby-killer etc for saying they wouldn't #voteforJack.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
No, you are mistaken. She would spend those 100 hours tweeting she was AT the food bank. No actual work would be done.

Who knows what she is making. Slop incoming in 10 hours. Set alarms for 6pm.

View attachment 1294965
If the chicken is already cooked then none of that needs to be slow cooked? The cheese will surely go rank over 10 hours especially mixed with lemon?!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
"People who are in poverty are extraordinarily organised, and budget to within an inch of their lives" says Jack. So they're not Jack's target market for tit recipes are they, as they already know what they're doing!
Why does she never do a set of recipes from the kind of parcel her local foodbank would be giving out? Have we ever seen ANYTHING higlighting her local foodbank such as tweets, videos, what they need that month etc?

As for the whole merail stuff, I don't think I've ever seen anyone constantly turn the narrative back on themselves so much. It's just so distracting. I went through some awful stuff 10 years ago, but no way do I keep bringing it up this many years down the line. It is possible to have a conversation about a subject without pushing your own story to the front each and every time.

In another 10 years time Jack will still be having the same conversations, tweeting the same old crap, and pushing the same old recipes because she hasn't leant anything in the last 10 years.
And people living in poverty, as Jack has started to call them, are not some homogeneous group who are great at budgeting.

Some are great, others are ok, others are dreadful. some poor people you will cross the street to avoid.

I hate this prettification of poverty.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
10 hours - IT WILL BE MUSH!
Baby food - which is mush - doesn’t take 10 hours, you just steam things a bit longer than normal and blend. why does she think slop is all the poors should have?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
What was the point of showing her food planner. Here it is, whoops, no you can't see it. I just did it in case people found it helpful and to show how hard it was.

• Angry
Reactions: 31
And if the Poors were so bleeping great at budgeting why would they need cooking lessons?

Reactions: 21
Imagine everyone's surprise when she rolls up her sleeves, takes her glasses off, and reveals herself as ... SUPERSAVER.

Screenshot 2022-05-26 at 08.26.35.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.