Jack Monroe #312 She just throws adjectives at a page and hopes for the best

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ffs I've just woken up to her on BBC Radio 4 news At A FOOD BANK! mentioning that she was a food bank(s!) user 10 years ago ....that awful warbly nasal voice is so recognisable definitely NOT a voice for radio
you'll probably be able to hear it on BBC sounds ( she's on from 7:38 am onwards)
thats put me in a real GREAT mood for the rest of the day!

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Argh her nasal whine is on Radio 4 now at the food bank.
'I was a food bank user ten years ago'
'I work with politicians a lot'.
'I've done a lot of work with Trussell Trust offering cookery courses' 🙄 cough Lee Anderson cough.
'The most powerful thing I can do 99% of the time is close my mouth and open my ears' 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
Jack’s Sandwich Spread Shop Sabbatical sounds like some kind of dystopian Carry On film.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
What the duck is going on with radio four?

It seems that every time I switch on the radio I hear Jack's nasal whine going on about how she used to use food bsnks.

She has nothing new or interesting to say. Don't radio 4 know any actual poors?

Oh she believes in God again! Goodbye for now, Mystical Sky Daddy
Well she had better stop saying Jesus as a swear then.

Great bleeping start to the dsy. Might move over to Times Radiio.

Eta Offering cookery course - when? Listens, when?
Eta It appears we all think she has a nasal whine.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Face made for radio and a voice made for Twitter. I wish she’d stop inflicting that nasally whine and dead eyed stare on the nation. Stop trying to get on the telly, pet. Your own show ain’t never gonna happen.
Such a neek. But actually doesn’t look like tit for once?

Anyway, back to calling out Jack’s bullshit

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Whatever the big secret is.
It doesnt sound like they're keen she is putting a brave face on it. Kind of like you know when a interview when tit and you know they won't call but you tell your mates down the pub, it was tough but I have hope.

Also wonder if it's a meeting with Mr lawyer about Mr Lozza? Perhaps he's said we can roll with it but it's likely you will not win?!

This. She sees a win as life changing.

Reactions: 23
She's a one trick pony. She never has anything new to add or anything interesting to say. I honestly believe the only reason she gets airtime is because she shouts and screams about the Tories. It's trendy not to like them so for once she's managing to be on trend. If Boris and the Tories were put out tomorrow, I doubt she would get half of the attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Oh dear lord she was on radio 4 again. Making it all about her.

Husband (follows her on twitter, but not-a-frau) said "I thought she wasn't doing media or anything at the moment".

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Her 'likes' are full of really suspicious bot-like accounts with 5 followers, blowing smoke up her arse. It's creepy.

This was in her her likes too, according to the profile he's .... exactly what you'd expect him to be (white)

View attachment 1294566
I've noticed this too with accounts fanatically defending her. There's been a few I've spotted that joined Twitter this month, and have the same OTT way of writing about her. Definitely suspicious.

Why is she pretending/lying that she didn't know you can schedule Twitter posts? Of course she knew, she's told Twitter numerous times when she's taking a break that things will be posted, but she's not really back, they're scheduled. Constant bloody lies.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 46

Nice that she brought out the same jumper again.
"People who are in poverty are extraordinarily organised, and budget to within an inch of their lives" says Jack. So they're not Jack's target market for tit recipes are they, as they already know what they're doing!
Why does she never do a set of recipes from the kind of parcel her local foodbank would be giving out? Have we ever seen ANYTHING higlighting her local foodbank such as tweets, videos, what they need that month etc?

As for the whole merail stuff, I don't think I've ever seen anyone constantly turn the narrative back on themselves so much. It's just so distracting. I went through some awful stuff 10 years ago, but no way do I keep bringing it up this many years down the line. It is possible to have a conversation about a subject without pushing your own story to the front each and every time.

In another 10 years time Jack will still be having the same conversations, tweeting the same old crap, and pushing the same old recipes because she hasn't learnt anything in the last 10 years.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 53
Is it just me or is things like her visiting a foodbank, upping her actual campaigning etc happened since her online spat with those interfering libelous men?

@instacharlie I have had some trauma in my life and because of that I never talk about it, publicly. I may occasionally bring it up to my husband sister if I am feeling blue but that's it!

• Heart
Choosing words with forensic accuracy and laser focus again. I wonder what she was trying to say by deliberately picking the wrong word?

One of the great minds of our time.

• Haha
Imagine if you didn't know how to cook and Jack bleeping Monroe gave you a lesson in rinsing beans and grating Spam. You'd give up right away - after all, she's a famous food writer, so the problem must be you, right?

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
duck you BBC you lazy git - the world has moved on. I want to hear the voices of real people in food poverty now, not someone who may or may not have been short of food 10 years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Lights are on full beam.

ETA- Tectonic plates don’t stop moving you moron, there is no “right place” for them. Did you not attend Science/Geography lessons?

264C62F1-8C6A-4163-8888-F01DD87C4C4F.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
duck you BBC you lazy git - the world has moved on. I want to hear the voices of real people in food poverty now, not someone who may or may not have been short of food 10 years ago.
and sounds increasingly like Ann Widdecombe.

LJC, she set the alarm so she could listen to her own self, did she?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Imagine the difference it'd make if the Jacksy grafter did 100 hours work volunteering at Southend Foodbank?
That'd be a lot of collections and parcels put together.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Imagine the difference it'd make if the Jacksy grafter did 100 hours work volunteering at Southend Foodbank?
That'd be a lot of collections and parcels put together.
No, you are mistaken. She would spend those 100 hours tweeting she was AT the food bank. No actual work would be done.

Who knows what she is making. Slop incoming in 10 hours. Set alarms for 6pm.

326C3BF4-0E2E-438D-839E-717EFBC8C416.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.