Jack Monroe #312 She just throws adjectives at a page and hopes for the best

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So last night was all for us then, including implying she was looking to buy a house. I think she wanted someone to call her out.

Whilst it might be amusing to you jack to feel like you're controlling the narrative on your tattle thread, have you considered how very strange and hostile you look to your fawning squigs and potential work connections? Just how much did you do for the poors yesterday?

My advice - get rid of twitter for a month (during which time most people will forget about you, sorry not sorry), then return and focus just on the campaigning and the recipes. If you need to schedule some superdrug tweets, so be it, but nothing else. Then implement a rule that if a tweet has I/me/my/myself/mine in - don't tweet it. Remove yourself from the narrative.
BIB for you know what…. She needs to get that message!!! Succinctly put 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I had a deep filling eat through the bottom of a molar and touch the nerve underneath. The pain was awful, then when I had the tooth extracted I developed dry socket and the pain was unbearable, so much so I was prescribed tramadol for it. I didn’t want to eat not just because my hurt but because of the overall level of pain I was in. I couldn’t have been lying on a bed happily tweeting, eating and watching TV, I was curled up in a ball of misery. But Jack’s teeth are the worst ever so I must have been a pathetic wuss with my not as bad as her teeth issues.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
As a FORENSIC frau I visited the Bupa website and looked at the prices. Assuming Jack couldn't get NHS treatment via Bupa I reckon she could pay £127 for a tooth extraction as a one off. Quite frankly if I was the level of pain she describes I'd borrow the money even if it was twice that and my income is lower than Jacks. Then again, I don't make a living doing poverty cosplay on Twitter.
If she did that she wouldn't be able to use her ouchy mouth as an excuse the next time she has a book deadline :(

Her publisher must be playing hardball since she's had to wheel out a double Jaccident - ouchy mouth AND grapefruit ankle.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
How long has she been editing this book for, now? I hope her publisher hasn't made her take out the tumble dryer lint and human hair #toptips.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
8 pages behind sorry but if she’s got bits of gravel sized tooth hanging about in her gums surely she’s gonna get sepsis? Or some other infection?

This content is bleeping disgusting why is she putting it out there? Why the duck are Superdrug paying her to promote their hygiene and self care products, she sounds like she must smell worse than Fagan 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Her publisher must be playing hardball since she's had to wheel out a double Jaccident - ouchy mouth AND grapefruit ankle.
I'm surprised her publisher gives a crap tbh. Jack's ever poverty stricken status must mean the books don't sell very well...

Reactions: 20
So last night was all for us then, including implying she was looking to buy a house. I think she wanted someone to call her out.

Whilst it might be amusing to you jack to feel like you're controlling the narrative on your tattle thread, have you considered how very strange and hostile you look to your fawning squigs and potential work connections? Just how much did you do for the poors yesterday?

My advice - get rid of twitter for a month (during which time most people will forget about you, sorry not sorry), then return and focus just on the campaigning and the recipes. If you need to schedule some superdrug tweets, so be it, but nothing else. Then implement a rule that if a tweet has I/me/my/myself/mine in - don't tweet it. Remove yourself from the narrative.
Any other Hamilton fans have Burn as an earworm now?
PS Jack - lifelong Hamilton fan Jack is not something I could deal with so no ideas ok?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Omg this summarises her perfectly.

Before I start obviously this only relates to ppl lucky enough to have a high income with a reasonable disposable %. People that prioritise their health and their kids’ health hun? Especially with kids so much isn’t covered or a huge waiting list so I’d always prioritise that before….. a Groucho membership, 16 weeks in an aparthotel, and travelling halfway across the south of England for a haircut? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Whilst we’re here Jacqui please consider saving some of this Superdrug fee for SB. There are tons of savings mechanisms for kids, ur pal Martin writes all about them. He deserves something for being pimped out to the tabloids by his low standards no boundaries “mother” 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I’ve had dry socket and would rather give birth to a twenty pound baby than go through that again. People might disagree, but for me toothache is one of the worst pains out there. There’s no way I would have been sat scoffing a Chinese takeaway tweeting about how lols it was.

Lord, how I dislike her. Maybe her tooth is crumbling from all the bullshit she spouts.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
For the love of god Jack!! This squig has spent their money on sending YOU something. Can you please just open the damned box, or at least acknowledge that you have received it and thank this person? You ungrateful, selfish, thoughtless ghoul!
I think if I was Jack I’d have blocked this one because I’m freaking terrified by what‘s in the box at this point. I’d be calling the bomb squad to open the box. I’d be moving to a new country to escape the box. There is nothing good in that box is there? It’s going to be a Jack doll knitted from his own hair.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Your heart breaks for that boy. Imagine, that whining adult baby sitting there WEARING HIS CLOTHES, stealing food off his plate and droning on and on about her ailments.
It fucks me off so much. As a single mother I can’t really “hide” my very bad days (Long Covid, ADHD, PTSD) from my kids, but at no point ever have they ever had to listen to me drone on and on the way Jack does. It’s a quick “Things will take me longer to do today” and that’s it.

“Understands data and statistics”

witch can’t even correctly interpret a basic bar chart.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Screenshot_20220525-095922_Twitter.jpg

This may have already been mentioned, but why is she watching Netflix exclusive 'The Umbrella Academy' on "Freeview with aerial+router". And calling it a movie also? (I mean yes netflix may well be on there, but my point stands)

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I’m torn between grudging applause for the Regency-era elaboration of illness as groundwork for some forthcoming sickie, and disgust that her night with SB has to coincide with all sorts of ailments so her child likely feels compelled to take a protective role.
I love my mum to pieces but if everytime I hung out with her she got on like her. I would be taking to my room on the regular. Also I know things have changed since I was a kid but I was out with my mates till about twenty mins before bed when I was his age. In for a shower, slice it toast and bed.

Reactions: 24
Economist squigg earlier
1653469960931.png

Also was the same squigg on that weird one about homeless hostels and said “if you are struggling with rent let us know”

Account was set up in May 2022 yet seems very familiar with Jack’s body of work.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.