Jack Monroe #312 She just throws adjectives at a page and hopes for the best

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
coming from far, far in the past.But…

A new fancy smart TV would cost 2 x peaky blinder hats or a third of a pair of Tiffany earrings.

Why is she pretending to not have enough cashos for a 📺?
Insert the who bleeping knows pic here!

Or my cynical side suspects she won't buy one because SB would likely get more use out of it than she does, given she's glued to her phone 24/7 and Jack's money only goes on things that directly benefit her.

Reactions: 21
To believe she jackcidentally typed buy instead of rent means you would need to believe that 'rent a flat' was on Jack's bucket list.
The way she phrased the whole thing as well “fell through” “it sold”. That’s selling parlance, end of. Otherwise it would be “someone else nabbed it” etc etc.

Reactions: 43
Canal, I can exclusively reveal that the meeting was about
Jack being fitted with new low maintenance, dishwasher safe teeth. Praise beans!

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I’m bored of waiting to hear what the meeting was about so tried to watch the DKL episode for the first time. Dear sweet Jesus and the wee donkey Jack was tit.
61B99974-8407-4468-B502-EEC3DC60FF24.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
Let’s do some big mortgage maths speculation:

most Mainstream lenders go 2 years tax returns, mainly to show a good average and also to make sure that someone hasn’t suddenly decided to pay themselves a massive amount in one year to bypass affordability so
Missing year- Jack says didn’t earn enough to pay tax so let’s say 10k
Last year- 22k (Jack’s claim)
So looking at average 16k

assume child benefit is in there so another 1k

assume she is getting pip for disabilities - I’ll go somewhere in the middle 4K

so being generous based on some of Jack’s own figures and assuming she claims pip whichi she would be entitled to that’s about 21k income max.

Most lenders will do 4X max lending and have affordability based on credit commitments which Jack claims are none as she has stripped back so much so we are looking at about a 84k mortgage max. Even less if she doesn’t have pip.

there must be some deposit in play!

Reactions: 22
The way she phrased the whole thing as well “fell through” “it sold”. That’s selling parlance, end of. Otherwise it would be “someone else nabbed it” etc etc.
She absolutely meant she was looking to buy. She knew what words she was using. She mentioned looking for somewhere to call home. You don't do that if you are looking to move from long term rental to another rental.

I couldn't give a shiney shite. All power to her. I bought my council flat under the right to buy with inheritance (under a very specific set of circumstances involving tied accommodation and work changes 🔺). To give my son security. Both my parents are dead. I'd rather they were here and we were still renting. But they aren't. Just be honest about it 🤷‍♀️.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I’ve been following this thread for a while The first I ever saw of Jack was her post about those spoons she bought 🙄 yes, it wasn’t her groundbreaking recipes or her shouting about social inequality, but SPOONS. I then pieced together who she was and what she does (apparently, not a lot)

After working out that she, in fact, wasn’t a trans women (why is she called Jack etc?) I then wondered about her surname. I’m guessing the obvious…The sheer gall to name yourself after Marilyn Monroe! The patreon income really sealed the deal though.

I only have one question, why is her son called SB? What does it stand for??

This thread has provided endless entertainment too so cheers😂
In her original blog, agirlcalledjack (now deleted but thankfully archived), she used to refer to her son as Small Boy.

Since autumn 2015 she has considered herself transgender or non-binary. At one stage she was the media’s go-to NB spokesperson, she only mentions it very occasionally now and has largely stopped presenting androgynous. She is happy with she or they pronouns.

The name change came long before all that, in 2011. She claims she changed her surname because of racism (it was a long Greek name), I seem to remember Monroe was inspired by Marilyn, then she changed her first name too because the alliteration of her original M first name was too much. She picked Jack because of the saying “Jack of all trades”.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
View attachment 1292763

But doesn't this kind of entirely prove their point? That she happily will take money from people? Many of them no doubt less well off than her?
To be honest her posts for me recently regarding money are very uncomfortable. I get she thinks she's taking the piss but it's not something I would be doing when there potential trouble is hanging around my front door. Just sayin.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I’m gonna call it he’s getting a diagnosis and or statemented, so munchiemama can piggyback “well of of COURSE he has “insert condition” because I have it
My thought reading this was involving Mermaids..
If SB is having those issues, you can guarantee Jack will absolutely milk it for every single patreon she can get.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Definitely a diagnosis for SB, or a mortgage. But after the song and dance she made about "accidentally" saying sold rather than rented, surely not as that would mean Jack's a liar. Oh wait...

Reactions: 26

Jack coming to check if we are getting our bile out.

spoiler: we are not, TOO BUSY and the tea is too tepid

• Haha
Reactions: 32
so, an appointment with a mortgage adviser? 🙄
Absolutely x

It'll turn into an epic saga because Jack didn't realise you couldn't just turn up with a fist full of receipts and post it notes 🙄.

My thought reading this was involving Mermaids..
If SB is having those issues, you can guarantee Jack will absolutely milk it for every single patreon she can get.
I really, really hope it's not this. Because it needs to be handled sensitively and privately. Mind you, Twitter is a cesspit for this. So...

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
I really, really hope it's not this. Because it needs to be handled sensitively and privately. Mind you, Twitter is a cesspit for this. So...
Agreed. But I can't put my hand on my heart and say that I would trust JM not to make it all public and use it for their own gains. It'd be abhorrent if she did imo, but I just can't put it past her.. iyswim.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.