Jack Monroe #311 Please consider the environment before printing this thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has the series of tweets that start with her saying she’s letting something go gone now?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
You ok hun? Ouchy mouth eh?
View attachment 1287305

(Ha ha, it’s a SOCK!)

Jack, change the bloody record. Not a single person cares about Ouchy Mouth: The Return of the Root Canal (the jokes are just writing themselves now 😂).

And as for saying that’s why you’re vile, obnoxious and downright rude because of said toothache - no. *Taps sign* honesty in all your affairs Jack…

Coming from the last thread?!

Where is she getting chips for a quid. Round my way a poke is about £2. Just sayin. Maths and all that.
£2 for a poke, but what about the chips?

(If I Grunk and nobody had said this already, I shall be very disappointed)

• Haha
Reactions: 59

(Ha ha, it’s a SOCK!)

Jack, change the bloody record. Not a single person cares about Ouchy Mouth: The Return of the Root Canal (the jokes are just writing themselves now 😂).

And as for saying that’s why you’re vile, obnoxious and downright rude because of said toothache - no. *Taps sign* honesty in all your affairs Jack…
If they was anything crumbling in her mouth it was probably plaque. She doesn't wash her hands properly, so doubt she does a better job on her teeth.

And I personally think it's ironic for her to partner with Superdrug, because I can't think of one time she's included cleaning/sanitary products in her budgets, nor advocated for people donating such items to FBs (unless prompted into a top trump chain on Twitter).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I've just completed the mega grunk; feeling constantly several days behind. Somebody at some point mentioned that all this unpaid tele work etc. must be a lie as Jack has an agent who must be doing something for her and must be being paid.

Might I point out, in our Jack's style, that 10% of f--- all is still f--- all.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Pretty sure Jack's books are some of the most popular books in charity shops but I have no data to back that up beyond a sincerely held belief and my obviously 'meticulous research'

Source: Me
Sample poll size: Some Fraus

• Haha
Reactions: 49
£2 for a poke, but what about the chips?

(If I Grunk and nobody had said this already, I shall be very disappointed)
It's gone up from the 50p and a pound of grapes it cost in the Adrian Mole / Pandora days #costoflivingcrisis

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I was too slow to post in the last thread and don’t know how to quote across threads. I’m on a grunk so it might have been mentioned, but in response to this screenshot by @Marmalade Atkins, I wanted to share this from 2019:
View attachment 1287181
Now, I should say this was billed as part of book week but the video on STV news shows people who are/were foodbank users, saying how useful it was to hear about the peach and chickpea curry she made.

Book Week Scotland is a national celebration of reading and writing that runs from 18 November to
24 November. Taking inspiration from this year's theme of 'Conversation', these events will bring
Jack into the heart of the community to discuss issues relating to poverty, hunger and healthy
eating options. To celebrate that Wednesday 20 November is also National Mobile Libraries Day,
Jack will travel to the West Dunbartonshire area on their Mobile Library Service to deliver the
events.
Jack will spend the morning at Centre 81 in Whitecrook where she will run a cooking workshop on

healthy and affordable breakfast and lunch options. In the morning, Jack will also host a talk
discussing poverty, diet, recipes and LGBT issues to residents from Clydebank's Blue Triangle

Housing Association and local LGBT groups. Jack will also give a sneak peek of her latest cook
book Vegan(ish) (Pan MacMillan) that will be released in December.
Which show is she on about?

Reactions: 7
Pretty sure Jack's books are some of the most popular books in charity shops but I have no data to back that up beyond a sincerely held belief and my obviously 'meticulous research'

Source: Me
Sample poll size: Some Fraus
They aren’t. They never come in. My extensive statistical analysis tells me that is because nobody ever bought them in the first place.

🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Just spent a good chunk of time mithering over the lending lists on
And sure enough - not a whiff of a mention of our Jackie. Plenty of chefs and recipe books in the non- fiction lists and of course Nigella, Jamie and, happily, Hairy Bikers are all there.

Interestingly, you can register for payments on your borrowing from libraries- you can get up to £6k PA (if you include Irelands figures) for being a popular choice.

I bet my house she has registered for payments - shame it probably isn’t more than six quid in reality.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.