Jack Monroe #310 Stay pressed, fools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe Georgia church suppers was only 3 weeks ago. It will be time for this calendar reminder in no time!
1653137285468.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
The thought of holding meat in my bare hand and grating it disgusts me… particularly a meat so sloppy a grating is not required.

Is this part of the poverty cosplay? Does she think there are poor people up and down the land sadly grating spam in their hovels?
That's exactly what she thinks.

Plus, I bet she thinks you get more spam for your pennies if you grate it #jackonomics

• Haha
Reactions: 30
The OU doesn’t offer any nutrition or dietetics degrees
I’m only going on what I read here about it and I don’t have the receipts, but it’s not an OU degree. It’s from some kind of private company and passing the degree allows you to set up as a consultant working for them (I think that’s correct). Has a bit of a whiff of MLMs about it even if it’s accredited.

• Wow
Reactions: 37
I can’t believe Georgia church suppers was only 3 weeks ago. It will be time for this calendar reminder in no time!
View attachment 1283110
This imaginary "Caesar" salad (once again, Jack, words have meanings) and the grated Spam meatloaf are the perfect illustration of the difference between the Twitter recipes Jack pretends to make to impress her middle class followers, and the actual shite she churns out in her slop manuals.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
She knows she's due to inherit property, she doesn't give a toss about saving for a mortgage. It would be bad for her "brand" to buy, unless it was the type of starter home most first time buyers are happy to settle for. Obviously that wouldn't do for her Maj.
It’s a terrible financial strategy to assume you’ll inherit. Her parents are what, early 60s? Nowadays they could live another 30 years. That would mean Jack would almost be a pensioner herself before she gets her orangery. And that’s if there’s anything left after care costs and taxes. Or they don’t leave a massive duck you in the will and leave it all to her brother/the local cats home.

Of course, there’s always the possibility her dad would help with a house while alive. But I get the sense her family are pretty sick of her tit. And if they were going to do that, it probably would have been when SB was small.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
It’s a terrible financial strategy to assume you’ll inherit. Her parents are what, early 60s? Nowadays they could live another 30 years. That would mean Jack would almost be a pensioner herself before she gets her orangery. And that’s if there’s anything left after care costs and taxes. Or they don’t leave a massive duck you in the will and leave it all to her brother/the local cats home.

Of course, there’s always the possibility her dad would help with a house while alive. But I get the sense her family are pretty sick of her tit. And if they were going to do that, it probably would have been when SB was small.
Remember she has two younger adopted siblings now too, would like to think they'd be considered equally in any inheritance...

• Heart
Reactions: 48
She knows she's due to inherit property, she doesn't give a toss about saving for a mortgage. It would be bad for her "brand" to buy, unless it was the type of starter home most first time buyers are happy to settle for. Obviously that wouldn't do for her Maj.
Absolutely.

She's a classic Mumsnet hun: "AIBU to ask my parents for their money now, rather than wait until they die?"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
If my Grandparents live as long as their mothers did (96 and 98), then they’ve got another 20 years, and I will, hopefully, still have them around when I’m in my mid 50s.

And I’d rather they blew their hard earned cash on whatever the duck they want, tbh.!

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Remember she has two younger adopted siblings now too, would like to think they'd be considered equally in any inheritance...
They would under the 1975 inheritance act have exactly the same rights as any biological children. ( I only know this because it was the motive behind fudging the time of death in a murder mystery)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Sorry still grunking but can someone explain how the persons tweet questioning her starving has any relevance to her libel trial? Sorry landmark libel trial???

also if the book about poverty deaths isn’t written and due to be published soon (given she started it in 2016 it’s unlikely) there’s a good chance we’ll have a new government before it is….. as usual finger on the pulse

• Heart
Reactions: 39
They would under the 1975 inheritance act have exactly the same rights as any biological children. ( I only know this because it was the motive behind fudging the time of death in a murder mystery)
I wonder if that irks her, that ma and pa increased their family? Probably.

Reactions: 41
Sorry still grunking but can someone explain how the persons tweet questioning her starving has any relevance to her libel trial? Sorry landmark libel trial???

also if the book about poverty deaths isn’t written and due to be published soon (given she started it in 2016 it’s unlikely) there’s a good chance we’ll have a new government before it is….. as usual finger on the pulse
She could try and say that the person's view of her was altered by LA's comments. Even though there's a mass of evidence showing that people have thought she's a shameless grifter for a long time now.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Still laughing at her saying she chooses her words with 'laser-focused accuracy' 😂 Where's that list of all the times she's used words incorrectly?!

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Absolutely.

She's a classic Mumsnet hun: "AIBU to ask my parents for their money now, rather than wait until they die?"
I used to work with a woman who openly wished her MIL would die as her husband was due to inherit a couple of properties from her. My former colleague retired about 6 years ago and MIL is still going strong 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
She was supposedly enrolled in an OU degree in nutrition a few months ago, which appears to have been quietly dropped. I assume they sent over the first piece of work and she was shocked she had to actually study, so stuck it in a lever arch file to deal with ‘later’.
What?! You expect Jack to
A. Work at something? and
B. Commit to what she said?

No, no, no, no! That is not how her 100 hour weeks work, when would she have time to big herself up on twitter 22.5 hours a day 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.