Jack Monroe #306 Jack and the Giant Lawsuit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this has been mentioned, but Mark Lewis, her "Pro bono" lawyer has retweeted her "donate to the Trussell Trust instead of my crowdfunder" tweet.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
Both plusnet and now broadband donā€™t require a credit check. Maybe the smol pixie will be able to get broadband after all so she can watch kickyball on the big screen.

Iā€™m already wondering what her next chaos will consist of

Reactions: 25
If this does actually go to court, this will be an absolute disaster for her. Even if the financials are not disclosed (which they may not be due to confidentiality), the defendants will be able to present reams of evidence - from the public domain - showing how sheā€™s made her living over the years. All the TV gigs, sponsorships, Patreon etc. They can draw attention to the PayPal and tip jar, the Kickstarter, they can explain how influencers make their money (ads, affiliate links, monetised videos etc) - which would be interesting as I donā€™t think thatā€™s widely understood by the public. And then they can say to the judge - wasnā€™t it therefore reasonable for my client to deduce that Jack had been earning a fair wedge?
They can also make the case that Jack has been less than transparent about money (the Kickstarter again, yesterdayā€™s PayPal link, the fundraiser to give books to food banks, the Teemill thing, the many times vulnerable people have given her money). All of this is documented - most of it here.
And they can also make the point that Jack has been a little lax with the truth here and there. Her rather fancy home, for example. The fact that she originally said she was middle class - the many other inconsistencies in her story.
This is all stuff that they can and will put before the court in order to argue their case. Whatever the outcome of the case (if it happens), Jackā€™s reputation will not survive this.
I actually doubt that sheā€™s had a response from her lawyer yet. Who knows if he will even take it on. If he does, IMO itā€™s highly doubtful he will do it on a no-win no-fee basis because then he or his firm bears the cost of the fees if they lose. And they may well lose. This is a million miles away from the Hopkins case.
Personally, I donā€™t care that it is the slightly unsavoury Lozza & friends who are the ā€œdefendantsā€ here. Letā€™s face it, no one else would take her on, whatever their doubts. And I do rather like the fact that Lozza is completely unfazed by her bullying. She wonā€™t like that - bullying usually works for her. You can sense her fury and incomprehension that heā€™s not backed down. I do believe he would have no qualms at all in letting this go to court. In fact I think he is relishing the prospect.
p.s. a little aside about her wrongly identifying Richard Burgon. A case of mistaken identity. Libel, some might say. Like in the Hopkins case. Jack is such a raging hypocrite.

• Heart
Reactions: 94
Wonder if Jack's going to hit him with a law suit šŸ˜ƒ
Well it's worse than anything LA said imo. She'll have to won't she? Or it makes her claims against other people, for damaged reputation whatever, look daft when they are milder.
She really has started something I don't think she can finish.

• Wow
Reactions: 37
She's totally screwed up because if she backs down now then her threat of legal action/100% success rate is gone and its only going to take one journalist to expose her

Reactions: 39
She's still liking stuff on twitter.
Babes, she didn't give them out for free. They cost over Ā£30k. It even says so in the headline. HTH x

Screenshot 2022-05-15 at 16.29.09.png

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 71
Thatā€™s actually a different subscriber!
I think she probably has a few ā€˜bad faithā€™ subscribers currently waiting on their goods now.
Just had a thought. What if Fox, or whoever she's suing, become a Jack patreon subscriber to gather additional evidence to use in court of subscribers receiving [checks notes] duck all.
6SE5.gif

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
If this does actually go to court, this will be an absolute disaster for her. Even if the financials are not disclosed (which they may not be due to confidentiality), the defendants will be able to present reams of evidence - from the public domain - showing how sheā€™s made her living over the years. All the TV gigs, sponsorships, Patreon etc. They can draw attention to the PayPal and tip jar, the Kickstarter, they can explain how influencers make their money (ads, affiliate links, monetised videos etc) - which would be interesting as I donā€™t think thatā€™s widely understood by the public. And then they can say to the judge - wasnā€™t it therefore reasonable for my client to deduce that Jack had been earning a fair wedge?
They can also make the case that Jack has been less than transparent about money (the Kickstarter again, yesterdayā€™s PayPal link, the fundraiser to give books to food banks, the Teemill thing, the many times vulnerable people have given her money). All of this is documented - most of it here.
And they can also make the point that Jack has been a little lax with the truth here and there. Her rather fancy home, for example. The fact that she originally said she was middle class - the many other inconsistencies in her story.
This is all stuff that they can and will put before the court in order to argue their case. Whatever the outcome of the case (if it happens), Jackā€™s reputation will not survive this.
I actually doubt that sheā€™s had a response from her lawyer yet. Who knows if he will even take it on. If he does, IMO itā€™s highly doubtful he will do it on a no-win no-fee basis because then he or his firm bears the cost of the fees if they lose. And they may well lose. This is a million miles away from the Hopkins case.
Personally, I donā€™t care that it is the slightly unsavoury Lozza & friends who are the ā€œdefendantsā€ here. Letā€™s face it, no one else would take her on, whatever their doubts. And I do rather like the fact that Lozza is completely unfazed by her bullying. She wonā€™t like that - bullying usually works for her. You can sense her fury and incomprehension that heā€™s not backed down. I do believe he would have no qualms at all in letting this go to court. In fact I think he is relishing the prospect.
p.s. a little aside about her wrongly identifying Richard Burgon. A case of mistaken identity. Libel, some might say. Like in the Hopkins case. Jack is such a raging hypocrite.
Excellent summary. Plus would they look into all her claims of charitable donations? From all those interviews etc when she says 'obviously' she donated her fees to charity?
I think it would be relevant as a lot of her followers seem to think she donates almost all her fees to charity.
It presents her in a particular light, thus maybe encouraging more people to give her money.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I think we should go through a phase of changing songs and lyrics by Manic Street Preachers to fit the Manic Smol Pixie.. hahahahaha
if you tolerate this then your money will be next
A designer grift for life
The intense humming of grifting
You stole the teemill money from the squigs

Am I the only one reading the ā€˜hahahaā€™ as The Count from Sesame Street
(IT LEFT šŸ™ƒšŸ˜¢)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.