Jack Monroe #306 Jack and the Giant Lawsuit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are we sure that Jack actually has consulted a lawyer ? Or have I forgotten (memory problems) there have been so many threats about legal action but she never acted.

Reactions: 31
I've never known a more graceless and charmless public character than "Jack Monroe". She's led such an easy life. One short stint in self-imposed (?) poverty because she couldn't be arsed to work full-time has provided a life of lie-ins, luxury goods and Groucho Club annecdotes. She should be GRATEFUL. She could still make a living as 'celebrity' without being an hole who uses imaginary poverty as a USP. I really, really hope she gets her comeuppance.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
Yeah but she fully got away with it, like she gets away with everything else. The judge being slightly unhappy means nothing when it didn’t affect the outcome at all. He just said that legal teams need to advise their clients to not delete evidence. He should have known Jack could have easily downloaded an entire archive or her deleted tweets. Tweets are never truly deleted, just removed from public view.
She won't get away with this (if it goes to trial) I don't think. Katie Hopkins said a wrong thing about her and refused to back down, and wouldn't give a charitable donation to stop it.
Jack has said she won't accept donations to charity in this case, she wants to pursue it (for her house). It's all here. She has 'had enough'. Her motives are very murky.
Also the statements she is taking umbrage with are not so clear cut in her favour. Her 'earning more than the PM' is opinion. Not libellous imo. And possibly true. And the making money from poor people is demonstrably true.

Reactions: 54
The fact she's forever going on about bad mentals and death threats means any sudden new claims aren't going to wash with any judge. She's also going on twitter fanning the flames and moaning instead of shutting up about it.

Reactions: 37
Of all the batshittery that's happened in the last 48 hours it's the tweet about having to be stopped from buying a soldering iron that I can't get over. A soldering iron?! What, so she can assemble all those PCBs she has lying around at home? Does she think this is like the ultimate working class hobby or something?

• Haha
Reactions: 58
She’s been getting people to buy her books for years under false pretences as well. Don’t ask me why because I probably didn’t take as much notice of her as I should have but I bought a couple of her awful books thinking she had no money. It was only around the time of DKL that I realised she was at it.

She’s a snake oil salesman. She leads people into thinking she’s got no money when she does have money.

I think it was when she started tweeting photos of her house that I realised she had cash. It’s not up to your followers to pay your rent or bills. It’s not up to your followers to fund a court case either.

Like I said before she wants the lifestyle she had when she was with Allegra and she thinks she’s entitled to it

• Heart
Reactions: 58
She’s really opened Pandora’s Box with this latest chaos.

All the people that have been screaming into the void for years about her shady money practices and grift are about to have their time in the sun.

I would bet my forever home that many of them have already got in touch with Laurence and Martin.

She really is an arrogant idiot of epic proportions.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
I did find the screenshot from someone who saw the video for the first time and it showed only 482 views at that moment. It was of course when Jack shared the tweet stating libel that the views went stratospheric.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
When did it became acceptable for the left to openly promote violence against their political opponents? I think Lee Anderson is a horror bag but imagine his supporters making an image like this? I also hate Jack's fash merch 🤢

This is from a big politics group on Facebook. I left twitter because of said violent posturing!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 68
I get the point he’s making about Lee Anderson’s politics but I think he’s throwing a bit too much shade at Lee over the legal threats. That one was 100 per cent on Jack. Do I hope she gets blowback from this? Yes. It’s about time she realised she can’t be billy big baws on twitter all the time and never face any consequences.

Reactions: 34
If that is the case re.instore, no one trying to get back on track with utilities after a difficult time would choose to walk into a store over sorting it out in the privacy of their home.

Why indeed would the “Famously Good With Money”™️ disability activist Jack Monroe not be forensically comparing prices and company accessibility from home?
As bleeping if you limp yomped to EE for a bit of ritual humiliation. 🙄
I can see this happening purely because she's so bleeping arrogant it wouldn't enter her head they might reject her.

"But, but I'm making £2k* a month from Patreon now!!"

*estimate and opinion only.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
The frigging pumble feels like a year ago and it was only about a week. We’ll be back in our vienetta hats for thread 400 before we know it. TOOT TOOT.

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.