Jack Monroe #306 Jack and the Giant Lawsuit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They were either a deflection or she worded things in a way which meant people donated to her;

25th September was the cut to Universal Credit proposal so she came back from her Twitter break with a £20 a week shop photo, a poor single mother ramble and finally a link to donate to TT. Moaned she didn’t get paid for talking to the press. People donated to her tip jar

20th January was the 344% rice and 15 million people reading her thread on it. Tip jar link wasn’t activated from what I could find but people donated on the back of her “good work”.

22nd January was the VBI starting. She mentioned an elderly gentleman having to eat toothpaste and people wanted to help. Of course she’d already got him food and help so asked for donations to Trussell instead. People donated to the tip jar too.

1st Feb was the teemill T-shirt chaos

17th March was her birthday where she didn’t want presents just a donation to Trussell Trust. She then linked her tip jar anyway.

22nd April was the Kevin pasta chaos
So it's never just a selfless tweet reminding people they can donate to TT* via method x y z, they always need the support, now more than ever etc. There's always something in it for her attached, ulterior motive(s). Very charitable indeed.

*Other charities are available.

Reactions: 32
This is why she’s gone quiet. She doesn’t know what to do. She’s antagonised the sort of people (and I’m not in ANY way a fan) who will see this a some sort of sport and hunt her down. She‘s likely currently weighing up her options and….well…the weight of sod all is sod all. She’s got nowt and nothing she can do will stop this now.
I genuinely don’t see how this could be classed as libel. She promoted it. Has got her followers supporting her even more and attempting to increase the potential amount she gets paid.

accusations
-probably earns more than prime minister. No one knows as she doesn’t do her business taxes
- takes from poor people. Plenty of receipts to show people who say they are skint donate

I’m sure George useless is sitting smoking a cigar that he didn’t get the promised blog post!

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I told someone today (alright, stop asking me, it’s my OH) that she claims to be working class despite having a Seamaster watch for her 18/21st. He said, ‘Surely anyone with one of those is from a rich family?’ YES??!?!!!? That’s literally what we’ve been saying for 303 effing threads. That’s all it took, a mention of THAT watch. How are there so many nubbins who can’t use Google (but can use Twitter?!)? These threads have taught me a lot but one thing I’m genuinely better at is critical thinking. People spewing the same slogans over and over ‘I rent/I’m working class/I need a forever home/my rent bounces/no butter/£34 in the bank’ just won’t cut it anymore. I don’t believe anyone anymore without some proof and I’m much happier for it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
And one of the reason I really enjoy this thread is the views from all side being discussed amicably - it’s really broadened my understanding. Rather than this two sides fight which is what this libel thing is all about
Critical Thinking is a skill that seems to have been lost somewhere along the way. I’m a naturally deeply cynical and suspicious person, so that helps. When the welcome speech at University consisted of the opening line “You must question everything” I knew I’d picked the correct course 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Yesss and even Corbyn was talking about this in his manifesto. I had stupidly assumed he was talking about remote remote remote locations like up a hill living in a light house on the coast or out at sea on a rig, not somewhere that’s still a 10 minute drive to a Waitrose or 1.2 miles from a school! Like how are those schools even providing an IT education? Can they even provide computer science or IT or graphic design or whatever as an option to those kids?!

I guess this links into the whole ex pit town stuff too. Like to be working class in London or the Home Counties is NOT the same as up north or Scotland Wales or NI, just everything is better funded and/or has benefitted from years and years of investment rather than neglect - even arts funding is something like £60 per head in London and £2 per head everywhere else! It’s like the only actual allergy Jackie has is admitting any minute level of privilege she may have benefitted from.
I think the North have a really raw deal on things like this, as Scotland at least have devolution and more powers allowing things like the child payment in addition to child benefit to lower income families or free travel for kids.

All the headlines focus constantly on London, projects to help poverty are designed based on the situation there (eg - we get nationally distributed things referencing that kids travel free on buses - this is only true for under 5s here) and the lions share of all funding goes to London and the south. It was especially evident over COVID when various (generally very working class) areas were locked down for much longer than London with no extra funding yet as soon as London was approaching that the government went "Well we can't hurt businesses, we'll do this this and this." There is a massive, massive disparity and Jack is blissfully unaware of this.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
just to query, I think someone said that anyone can go in and amend the wiki. Do we have it backed up/archived in case a sneaky smol pixie was to try to delete it @Yel @Pocahontas ?
I just looked and went into 'edit' so it looks like anyone can. However, there is a record of last edit, who edited it and what the edit was so I'm guessing this means the previous version can be restored if there is a chaos (malicious or not)?

Reactions: 23
Don’t forget to add that Jack only donated the Teemill money after a journalist started investigating her! And she wasn’t actually transparent, we saw the end amount donated, but not how much had actually been raised.
Good point, thank you, I’ve added that too!

You should see the shite Nicola gets tweeted. At one point on twitter there was a twitter account dedicated to the hate and the lies and the death threats she gets. I’m not suggesting for a minute that anyone should ignore death threats but Jack said last week that she gets rape and death threats every day yet she’s focusing on someone saying she earns more than the PM?

She is a compulsive liar and I don’t believe a single word that comes out of her mouth

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I wonder which of her many sock accounts she's beavering away on tonight?

FYI - that's another thing that will come out if this gets to court, Jack 🧦🧦🧦🧦

• Haha
Reactions: 57
I think the North have a really raw deal on things like this, as Scotland at least have devolution and more powers allowing things like the child payment in addition to child benefit to lower income families or free travel for kids.

All the headlines focus constantly on London, projects to help poverty are designed based on the situation there (eg - we get nationally distributed things referencing that kids travel free on buses - this is only true for under 5s here) and the lions share of all funding goes to London and the south. It was especially evident over COVID when various (generally very working class) areas were locked down for much longer than London with no extra funding yet as soon as London was approaching that the government went "Well we can't hurt businesses, we'll do this this and this." There is a massive, massive disparity and Jack is blissfully unaware of this.
England is basically London and that’s it. I’d rather like to bring the Scottish border right down, I mean, may as well, with the attitude that’s taken

Reactions: 14
To be fair. Speaking as a short arse who is just short of five two I would say someone who is five 3 is small. I know that isn’t what the stats say but I class myself as wee.

Not because I think of myself as a smol pixie but because I struggle in supermarkets. Let’s just say picking things off certain shelves is a bloody impossibility

I do understand that that’s an average height for UK women but that too baffles me as I have rarely met anyone in my life shorter than I am.
I'm 5'3" now, both my sister and my daughter are around 5'1". It is noticeable how many younger women are quite tall now.

Reactions: 12
Nothing actually happened, a woman was holding her hand in the playground walking towards the gate. I highly doubt a kid would understand that or be traumatised.
Thanks so much for clarifying, I just figured it was a straight up lie. I can see she’s exaggerated it but it is maybe a case of a lucky escape which is still dreadful situation to have happened and could have ended up a lot worse .I’ll be more mindful of checking things before I post.

• Heart
I wonder which of her many sock accounts she's beavering away on tonight?

FYI - that's another thing that will come out if this gets to court, Jack 🧦🧦🧦🧦
Hopefully Elon hurries up and buys the hellsite and I’m sure he will happily link all sock accounts in the interest of free speech or something

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I told someone today (alright, stop asking me, it’s my OH) that she claims to be working class despite having a Seamaster watch for her 18/21st. He said, ‘Surely anyone with one of those is from a rich family?’ YES??!?!!!? That’s literally what we’ve been saying for 303 effing threads. That’s all it took, a mention of THAT watch. How are there so many nubbins who can’t use Google (but can use Twitter?!)? These threads have taught me a lot but one thing I’m genuinely better at is critical thinking. People spewing the same slogans over and over ‘I rent/I’m working class/I need a forever home/my rent bounces/no butter/£34 in the bank’ just won’t cut it anymore. I don’t believe anyone anymore without some proof and I’m much happier for it.
How many of us have had these conversations over this weekend 😂 it’s like jollof rice the 344% all over again!

Also used the watch and said it’s published in her first book so she’s told on herself there. Explained everything on tattle has solid evidence behind it so this court case will only generate a podcast running through it all. Husband can’t understand why there isn’t already a podcast, tbh me neither?! The hello fresh and square space ads would be so apt as Jack needs desperate help both cooking solids and maintaining a website.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I don't have sm apart from here.

It's the attention seekers dream.

I have a mate who has two separate accounts and she uses one to like other stuff on her other account.

The thing that always kills me is her profile pics from both accounts are practically the same and of her... I find it so weird and if she doesn't get enough love she writes posts asking people to like her stuff. My other mate sees her at it all the time. I find it so odd.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.