Jack Monroe #306 Jack and the Giant Lawsuit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is a perfect summary, do you mind if I draw your garden copy and paste it to the wiki, and acknowledge you?
Don’t forget to add that Jack only donated the Teemill money after a journalist started investigating her! And she wasn’t actually transparent, we saw the end amount donated, but not how much had actually been raised.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Oh it's a long one.

Jack launched a charity tshirt shop on Teemill. The shirts had tasteless slogans. She said the profits would go to the Trussell Trust. She then decided money would also go to other, unnamed food bank charities, too. She got some flack on Twitter for the slogans. She said TT were fully on board and she claimed to have raised just over 10k from tshirt sales in a couple of days.

After a a few days it transpired TT only found out about the fundraising after the fact. They didn't approve the slogans. Jack had to backpedal a bit and said money up to the declared 'just over 10k' would go to TT and other monies would go to the smaller charities previously mentioned.

What seems like a lifetime later she eventually donated around 11k to TT saying it was the tshirt money. To date she still hasn't announced how much else was raised or who exactly it is going to.

AND - rather than setting up a charity shop, which would be a) free and b) compliant with fundraising laws by virtue of the complete transparency inherent in the Teemill charity shop setup, she chose to set one up as a private individual. Which means that there is no legal requirement to actually donate a penny to a charity, as it goes straight into the individual's account, or to demonstrate that it has been done in accordance with what the gullible squigs trusting public believe was going to happen.

She claimed a ridiculous sum of money had been raised and TT were asked repeatedly if she had made the substantial donations on time as claimed would happen. Eventually, after a number of, as usual, ridiculous and expensive purchases and Nigella asking people to give her money, purely coincidentally, the secret funds that went from Teemill into her account precisely because she chose not to set up a charity fundraising shop, were apparently donated. she has, however, been absolutely silent upon what has happened to the other half of the money that would have gone into her finances. So they could have been donated as claimed but, as is precisely the reason why charity fundraising is so strictly regulated and organisations such as Action Fraud strongly advise people to NEVER donate to somebody who merely claims that funds will go to charity, there is a theoretical possibility that the money could still be resting in her account, gone to pay rent, buy more fillers or fund a nice weekend in Venice. That isn't to say that it has - but her decisions to remove all legislative oversight and transparency from the outset mean that it is a perfectly possible theoretical risk.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Don’t forget to add that Jack only donated the Teemill money after a journalist started investigating her! And she wasn’t actually transparent, we saw the end amount donated, but not how much had actually been raised.
She is so tricksy with the way she words things. It's easy to see how she manipulates the squigs so well.

Reactions: 37
We only have Jack's word for it that she failed a credit check. I’m at the point now I struggle to believe anything she says. All part of cosplaying being poor as this is what she believes poor is, she's so far from the truth it’s unreal.
I just love that she claims to have failed it PUBLICLY. Is there some kind of credit check version of Weightwatchers? "Bad news Jack, your credit score has actually got WORSE this week! Chin up love, tomorrow's a new day, let's all give Jack a round of applause for trying, and better luck next week."

• Haha
Reactions: 70
I wonder how many of these times coincided with Jack needing to deflect something and look as though she is selfless? 🤔
They were either a deflection or she worded things in a way which meant people donated to her;

25th September was the cut to Universal Credit proposal so she came back from her Twitter break with a £20 a week shop photo, a poor single mother ramble and finally a link to donate to TT. Moaned she didn’t get paid for talking to the press. People donated to her tip jar

20th January was the 344% rice and 15 million people reading her thread on it. Tip jar link wasn’t activated from what I could find but people donated on the back of her “good work”.

22nd January was the VBI starting. She mentioned an elderly gentleman having to eat toothpaste and people wanted to help. Of course she’d already got him food and help so asked for donations to Trussell instead. People donated to the tip jar too.

1st Feb was the teemill T-shirt chaos

17th March was her birthday where she didn’t want presents just a donation to Trussell Trust. She then linked her tip jar anyway.

22nd April was the Kevin pasta chaos

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 68
We only have Jack's word for it that she failed a credit check. I’m at the point now I struggle to believe anything she says. All part of cosplaying being poor as this is what she believes poor is, she's so far from the truth it’s unreal.
I remember a squigg saying a few weeks ago the best thing about Jack was that they didn’t need to fact check her! Quite a bleeping take!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
To be fair. Speaking as a short arse who is just short of five two I would say someone who is five 3 is small. I know that isn’t what the stats say but I class myself as wee.

Not because I think of myself as a smol pixie but because I struggle in supermarkets. Let’s just say picking things off certain shelves is a bloody impossibility

I do understand that that’s an average height for UK women but that too baffles me as I have rarely met anyone in my life shorter than I am.
Oh I don’t know about this thread anymore…. It’s making me root for people I hate, it’s making me wonder about blue ticks I thought were ok and now I find out I’m not average height but small and a short arse 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I just love that she claims to have failed it PUBLICLY. Is there some kind of credit check version of Weightwatchers? "Bad news Jack, your credit score has actually got WORSE this week! Chin up love, tomorrow's a new day, let's all give Jack a round of applause for trying, and better luck next week."
Probably one of those pop up stalls in a shopping centre. Tricksy. Tricksy. Tricksy.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
She had a grunk and saw that Coloured Lines had spotted the Wifi symbol. It's all a back track for the cabal's behalf.
She's indirectly mentioned us more times in the past two days than she had in months, clearly so busy instructing her lawyer and dealing with the bad mentals that she has time to follow along here in near real time.

Maybe it's this that is the harrowing experience for her, seeing us point out forensically how she's got herself up a very deep tit creek without a pumble paddle.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Just to say, Jack’s mammy posted about this a few years ago on a local news story or some such.
They were at the swings when she was about 5 (assume the brother was also there) and when she turned around, a man was holding Jack’s hand leading her towards the gate so she took Jack away from him.

It would be an attempted abduction.
Feck I’m sorry I was glib about the mute part troops. Please delete if it went too far .

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Back before the pandemic there was a massive drive for rural broadband to be improved and BT were supposed to be putting fibre all over the place. It’s clearly all been fucked over with the last two years but it’s a serious issue for working and productivity etc. I wonder if the extra demand from new rural workers will get it moving? We are lucky - our village has fibre and we moved to a house that is connected to the good stuff. I would be unable to work for my company if we didn’t have it, because it’s too far for me to travel every day.
Yesss and even Corbyn was talking about this in his manifesto. I had stupidly assumed he was talking about remote remote remote locations like up a hill living in a light house on the coast or out at sea on a rig, not somewhere that’s still a 10 minute drive to a Waitrose or 1.2 miles from a school! Like how are those schools even providing an IT education? Can they even provide computer science or IT or graphic design or whatever as an option to those kids?!

I guess this links into the whole ex pit town stuff too. Like to be working class in London or the Home Counties is NOT the same as up north or Scotland Wales or NI, just everything is better funded and/or has benefitted from years and years of investment rather than neglect - even arts funding is something like £60 per head in London and £2 per head everywhere else! It’s like the only actual allergy Jackie has is admitting any minute level of privilege she may have benefitted from.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
Feck I’m sorry I was glib about the mute part troops. Please delete if it went too far .
Nothing actually happened, a woman was holding her hand in the playground walking towards the gate. I highly doubt a kid would understand that or be traumatised.

Reactions: 29
Oh I don’t know about this thread anymore…. It’s making me root for people I hate, it’s making me wonder about blue ticks I thought were ok and now I find out I’m not average height but small and a short arse 😂😂😂😂
To be fair if you are five 3 you are of average height. I’m the short arse as I don’t even clock in at five foot 2. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
yesss, as a 5 foot 3 I'm currently reassessing everything to figure out if I'm the shortest person I know :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
MN is great this evening. Do I remember correctly that previously every negative comment about her used to get deleted. Maybe her lawyer is busy.
I don't want to be outing myself as a Viper here... But..

There was a thread on MN years ago, Jack rocked up...

I'm Jack Monroe, Ask Me Anything..
Something like that.

Most responded with a resounding, "who?"

A good while later Jack came back on, ranting and raving about a mum at the pub that Jack claimed had stolen their purse or something. Typical nastiness about a mum at a pub, saying that the mum was horrible, unruly etc. As I recall, jack got.called out on it and flounced in a huff.

I don't think MN forgot those threads tbh.
(And those are.how I remember them, they may not be accurate and I am in no way confirming that I go to or have ever gone o to a site known as Mumsnet...)

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Hahahaha omg Lozza actually being expelled from Harrow vs Jack’s pretend expulsion from her grammar school - too perfect

🦉🍾
You need to go back earlier than that - Allegra was expelled from her school after going off the rails because she was struggling to cope with bereavement - publically documented. Jack just cannot exist without appropriating someone else’s emotional state - she is bleeping vile.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
To be fair. Speaking as a short arse who is just short of five two I would say someone who is five 3 is small. I know that isn’t what the stats say but I class myself as wee.

Not because I think of myself as a smol pixie but because I struggle in supermarkets. Let’s just say picking things off certain shelves is a bloody impossibility

I do understand that that’s an average height for UK women but that too baffles me as I have rarely met anyone in my life shorter than I am.
I’m bang on 5ft and the only person I’ve ever met shorter than me was my Great Grandmother (I was an adult when she died) who was a mere 4ft 10. My eldest is my height already, middle ain’t far off and my youngest is 6 and is, frankly, a giant at 4ft. They think it’s hilarious, I tell them they’re 20 years late with the short jokes and there ain’t one I haven’t heard

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Yesss and even Corbyn was talking about this in his manifesto. I had stupidly assumed he was talking about remote remote remote locations like up a hill living in a light house on the coast or out at sea on a rig, not somewhere that’s still a 10 minute drive to a Waitrose or 1.2 miles from a school! Like how are those schools even providing an IT education? Can they even provide computer science or IT or graphic design or whatever as an option to those kids?!

I guess this links into the whole ex pit town stuff too. Like to be working class in London or the Home Counties is NOT the same as up north or Scotland Wales or NI, just everything is better funded and/or has benefitted from years and years of investment rather than neglect - even arts funding is something like £60 per head in London and £2 per head everywhere else! It’s like the only actual allergy Jackie has is admitting any minute level of privilege she may have benefitted from.
To bs honest Im in Scotland and my area has been run into the ground over a long time thanks to previous Tory Governments and a Labour council in my area who have just let the town rot. It is probably harder to be working class in certain areas because rents are cheaper in Scotland for example. My council is labour run and they waste millions on all sorts of crap while the town looks like a bin. They’ve cut all sorts. Gym opening hours. Library opening hours.

However. The snp try their best and that’s why I vote for them. They’ve doubled the child payment to families living below the line and I read last week that the number of families who are in receipt of emergency food bank parcels has fallen as a result.

The upside is that council rents are cheaper here and any time I’ve been on UC I’ve had all my rent paid and most of my council tax as well. We also pay for our water use in our council tax so no meters

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.