Jack Monroe #306 Jack and the Giant Lawsuit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yesss and even Corbyn was talking about this in his manifesto. I had stupidly assumed he was talking about remote remote remote locations like up a hill living in a light house on the coast or out at sea on a rig, not somewhere that’s still a 10 minute drive to a Waitrose or 1.2 miles from a school! Like how are those schools even providing an IT education? Can they even provide computer science or IT or graphic design or whatever as an option to those kids?!

I guess this links into the whole ex pit town stuff too. Like to be working class in London or the Home Counties is NOT the same as up north or Scotland Wales or NI, just everything is better funded and/or has benefitted from years and years of investment rather than neglect - even arts funding is something like £60 per head in London and £2 per head everywhere else! It’s like the only actual allergy Jackie has is admitting any minute level of privilege she may have benefitted from.

Schools were able to arrange for people to have free mobile data if they didn't have broadband, as long as they could get a mobile signal, there was enough for them to access remote learning. There were also laptops, Raspberry Pi desktops and many other initiatives carried out by schools that were dependent upon school staff working throughout lockdown in addition to sorting the lunch provision for five days each week (and in addition to working in the schools with vulnerable children and teaching).

Nobody ever remembers or mentions the free computers or internet. But they'll remember that the five lunches for a child weren't enough to feed an entire family for a week when the parcels were started if the school thought that a catering company would be able to get better prices than them buying vouchers direct (which also happened before the funding was available, many spent thousands out of school funds almost immediately) and the supermarket voucher scheme was in the process of being upscaled from an employee rewards scheme to a national social support system.

If SB lived with her and she had been genuinely poor, there was a good chance that there would have been food vouchers, a free computer and internet access for the boy.

But she wasn't, so didn't. And he didn't. So didn't.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
You need to go back earlier than that - Allegra was expelled from her school after going off the rails because she was struggling to cope with bereavement - publically documented. Jack just cannot exist without appropriating someone else’s emotional state - she is bleeping vile.
Did she get expelled before she failed her GCSE's? Which story has receipts...... :unsure::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I don't want to be outing myself as a Viper here... But..

There was a thread on MN years ago, Jack rocked up...

I'm Jack Monroe, Ask Me Anything..
Something like that.

Most responded with a resounding, "who?"

A good while later Jack came back on, ranting and raving about a mum at the pub that Jack claimed had stolen their purse or something. Typical nastiness about a mum at a pub, saying that the mum was horrible, unruly etc. As I recall, jack got.called out on it and flounced in a huff.

I don't think MN forgot those threads tbh.
(And those are.how I remember them, they may not be accurate and I am in no way confirming that I go to or have ever gone o to a site known as Mumsnet...)
That thread is still there and it was ridiculous

Reactions: 20
As a 30 year old childless (and 6’3”) man, I’ve never been drawn to mumsnet. However I have just had a look at that thread and am having a good hoot.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
Oh I don’t know about this thread anymore…. It’s making me root for people I hate, it’s making me wonder about blue ticks I thought were ok and now I find out I’m not average height but small and a short arse 😂😂😂😂
I think the key is that we should think critically about anyone, particularly if we view them to be on ‘our’ side.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I’ve added a bit to the potted history section of the wiki to include 2022, with the Teemill stuff and the lawsuit threats.

It’s is not much, but hopefully we can collectively add to it to make sure all the facts are there.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Yesss and even Corbyn was talking about this in his manifesto. I had stupidly assumed he was talking about remote remote remote locations like up a hill living in a light house on the coast or out at sea on a rig, not somewhere that’s still a 10 minute drive to a Waitrose or 1.2 miles from a school! Like how are those schools even providing an IT education? Can they even provide computer science or IT or graphic design or whatever as an option to those kids?!

I guess this links into the whole ex pit town stuff too. Like to be working class in London or the Home Counties is NOT the same as up north or Scotland Wales or NI, just everything is better funded and/or has benefitted from years and years of investment rather than neglect - even arts funding is something like £60 per head in London and £2 per head everywhere else! It’s like the only actual allergy Jackie has is admitting any minute level of privilege she may have benefitted from.
My teenager asked me recently how I’d managed to read so many books in my life. Cos there was duck all else to do when I was your age, love. And luckily we had a banging local market where I could pick up books for 10p and then take them back the next week and get 5p back. The library was tiny and hardly ever open.

She’s grown up with free art galleries (that also put on multiple free events every weekend and through the school holidays), access to any extra curricular she could possibly want (none of those in my hometown back then), a massive library (also free events), so many parks I can’t even count them, a rich culture and a lot of diversity.

People think im joking when I say I didn’t see a Jon white person until I was 10. I’m not.

Reactions: 34
I’ve added a bit to the potted history section of the wiki to include 2022, with the Teemill stuff and the lawsuit threats.

It’s is not much, but hopefully we can collectively add to it to make sure all the facts are there.
Thanks Sidey B

just to query, I think someone said that anyone can go in and amend the wiki. Do we have it backed up/archived in case a sneaky smol pixie was to try to delete it @Yel @Pocahontas ?
I’m too scared to try to add anything in case I do a chaos on it but want to make sure no one can do a deliberate one.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
That thread is still there and it was ridiculous
As I recall, didn't Jack join up with a username like MXJackMonroe or MsJackMonroe or one along those lines?

made it very obvious who they were, like they were some kinda big celeb. The vipers did not take kindly.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Schools were able to arrange for people to have free mobile data if they didn't have broadband, as long as they could get a mobile signal, there was enough for them to access remote learning. There were also laptops, Raspberry Pi desktops and many other initiatives carried out by schools that were dependent upon school staff working throughout lockdown in addition to sorting the lunch provision for five days each week (and in addition to working in the schools with vulnerable children and teaching).

Nobody ever remembers or mentions the free computers or internet. But they'll remember that the five lunches for a child weren't enough to feed an entire family for a week when the parcels were started if the school thought that a catering company would be able to get better prices than them buying vouchers direct (which also happened before the funding was available, many spent thousands out of school funds almost immediately) and the supermarket voucher scheme was in the process of being upscaled from an employee rewards scheme to a national social support system.

If SB lived with her and she had been genuinely poor, there was a good chance that there would have been food vouchers, a free computer and internet access for the boy.

But she wasn't, so didn't. And he didn't. So didn't.
I got one of those original lunch packs and honestly I was horrified. Technically don’t qualify for free school lunches as a student parent but there’s a run on for so many years after. Im creative with food but I was stumped by it.

Reactions: 13
i think she has seriously underestimated Lawrence Fox. The judge told both parties to go away and sort it out, Fox has refused and is demanding a jury trial. Reading a bit about the case, I can see why and, if he can get one, he just might win.
He says his costs so far are half a million. Someone is bankrolling him and happy to continue to do so it seems.
This is why she’s gone quiet. She doesn’t know what to do. She’s antagonised the sort of people (and I’m not in ANY way a fan) who will see this a some sort of sport and hunt her down. She‘s likely currently weighing up her options and….well…the weight of sod all is sod all. She’s got nowt and nothing she can do will stop this now.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
As I recall, didn't Jack join up with a username like MXJackMonroe or MsJackMonroe or one along those lines?

made it very obvious who they were, like they were some kinda big celeb. The vipers did not take kindly.
I miss the Vipers of days past, it’s not the same place any more.

Reactions: 14
I think the key is that we should think critically about anyone, particularly if we view them to be on ‘our’ side.

And one of the reason I really enjoy this thread is the views from all side being discussed amicably - it’s really broadened my understanding. Rather than this two sides fight which is what this libel thing is all about

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.