Jack Monroe #305 How incredibly, depressingly, tedious

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not legal Frau but I can't see how she can win.

If it is proven she doesn't earn more than the PM, which is probably likely then 'officially' she would win. But hopefully along the way the Patreon tally and the earnings from books and appearances etc would prove that she isn't poor- which would mean she wouldn't really win!

(*I also reckon a tit ton more of her lies would come out along the way! )

If is proven she earns more than the PM...well that would be interesting!
Even so, I don't see that as being particularly damaging and I think they could make a pretty good case for saying they were guessing based on her media appearances, published books, Patreon and 100 hour week. As soon as she threw a tantrum about the claim people started giving her money, so if anything she's benefited from it. I don't know that she'd even win on that point as it's hard to point to any damage it's done to her. As you say the real damage to her reputation would be everything that came out in court.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
There have certainly been tweets along the lines of ‘I am on benefits but have sent you a tenner, sorry it’s not much’. So sad to read.
Speculation - I think some of those she sent herself, particularly the ones where they mention buying her books, so she can prove her books have helped people but ultimately shooting herself in the food by pretending they’ve sent her(self) money, it will be interesting to see how many sock accounts there are and how much she tweets herself to up her PayPal tips etc

EDT foot not food, Freudian slip

• Wow
Reactions: 38
The donation tit really dessicates my olives. Jack's "donation" model - buy my tit and I'll give it away - is literally exactly the same as all the Younique huns who periodically say, "I'm organising a special hamper for NHS nurses! Give me some money and I'll make sure they get a special treat x"

Forget the cooking lessons, these squiggles are showing that Critical Thinking for Dummies needs to be introduced to the education system ASAP.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 80
Well if we've learnt one thing it's that Jack's assessment of working class and everyone else's assessment of working class are two very different things.

Close family members with multiple properties, detached houses on tree-lined roads, ballet lessons, Land Rovers, Papa's Harley Davidson, Grammar School, foreign holidays, Omega watches, top brand household items and equipment, etc....you get the idea. Her parents may have had a working class upbringing but I feel Jack's was very different.
Jack describing herself in the Guardian June 2013 :

I had a £27 grand a year job. I've not been brought up on benefits and a tracksuit watching Jeremy Kyle. I'm a middle class, well educated young woman who fell a bit by the way side. You think it doesn't happen to normal people, and you think we are all scumbags, eating burgers and watching day time TV. It can happen to anyone.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
The thing is, other than the screenshots we have of winter fuel allowance squig etc, how would either side be able to prove if the people giving her money are 'poor' or not? Are they going to forensically analyse each person who sends her cash? Seems like an impossible thing to prove/disprove.
There have certainly been tweets along the lines of ‘I am on benefits but have sent you a tenner, sorry it’s not much’. So sad to read.
I think her squigs have sunk her on that one, they love to tell her how they're on the bones of their arse yet have subbed to patreon/sent money. Not all of them will have to be poor, if they can prove a few are then the statement was true.

It's the PM income thing that will be harder for them to prove as the burden isn't on her, but as PP said if she pursues it then people will analyse the patreon like members here have, highlight the unfiled accounts, the kickstarter will be dredged up, the lack of various charity donations...

The worst case scenario for her is probably that she tries to pursue it and it gets thrown out or doesn't progress after all that has happened - she doesn't "lose" and can't get sympathy for that, hasn't "won" and isn't the woke heroine, but the truth about what she's doing is out there. And I think it's one of the most likely scenarios at this point given her sheer obvious glee about the whole thing on Twitter, no matter what she claims.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
ugh, this squig said they'd match jack's £500 to the trussell trust if anyone could come up with a £20 menu

View attachment 1266450

obviously, it's good that a food bank is getting £££, but dependant on jack's nonsense? ew

also, if by any chance lozza is reading here - duck you 🖕
Nope...and that's really nice of you to do that etc etc etc

• Sad
Reactions: 22
But that's the only evidence, right? And for her 'side' there's evidence of middle class/well off people saying the same. Would that be enough for making a legal decision in court? (I mean I'm absolutely not on her side here, just not sure how it'd be interpreted legally)
There's also the fact that her books are quite clearly marketed towards poor people (the publishers should, incidentally, also feel ashamed of themselves for taking cash money which was donated to aid food banks and spending it on Jack's books instead). That's them all profiting from food poverty. If we're talking specifically about the money she begs from people, I'm sure there will be examples in the comments from her £68k kickstarter, for example. And maybe also on the Patreon site.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I don't think a court has ever actually ruled that retweeting a libel is in itself libel, although it's a decent bet that they would if it came up.
The Rachel Riley/TAO case said that an action for libel can be brought for the retweet of an underlying libellous tweet.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Everyone today in my unpopular opinion seems to thrive on either being a Victim or supporting a victim. I get life is tit but generally I try and deal with it as best I can and not let it get to me. Everyone on Twitter always seems to be moaning about how they are struggling. They don't just go ok this is the hand I have been dealt and let's just get on.

In saying that I also know some people do have it very tit but these people are the ones breaking their backs not sitting tweeting bollocks.
Another from my Great Gran - “You’ve been dealt a terrible hand, love, no doubt about it. Nothing to be done, though. Other than play the Hell out of that hand.”

And I’ve basically spent my entire life doing just that. She was a wicked poker player too 🤣 She would be horrified if I behaved like JM.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Carlsberg managed to get away with a lot by using the word probably....

Jack Monroe, probably the best grifter in the world.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Could it be argued that this just proves their point about earning money off the back of the most vulnerable in society? She calls what she does a job. Any money earned relating to this work during the period of this job is relevant?

Screenshot_20220514-180451_Twitter.jpg

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

Well.
That was quite the 24 hours wasn't it?
I'm exhausted.

Just realised that this is all gathering pace just in time for Alice Evans' court case. I'll never keep up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
The donation tit really dessicates my olives. Jack's "donation" model - buy my tit and I'll give it away - is literally exactly the same as all the Younique huns who periodically say, "I'm organising a special hamper for NHS nurses! Give me some money and I'll make sure they get a special treat x"

Forget the cooking lessons, these squiggles are showing that Critical Thinking for Dummies needs to be introduced to the education system ASAP.
Her crowdfunder is a masterclass in how to sell your own books and help propel yourself onto the bestseller list which, in turn, sells more books.
It’s actually stunning in its audacity.

• Sick
I’m all caught up and wow. Boy do I hope this goes to court and the judge ceremoniously throws them all out. Why is it always another twit that stands up to her/calls her out? I genuinely feel a bit sick that Laurence Fox is involved in all this.

Those net worth article things are always a load of bollocks. I didn’t realise people actually believed them!
All squigs are equally as I’ll-informed as jackolytes! Twitter is truly boomer-keyboard warrior wasteland.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Could it be argued that this just proves their point about earning money off the back of the most vulnerable in society? She calls what she does a job. Any money earned relating to this work during the period of this job is relevant?

View attachment 1266528
It's just bleeping idiotic, this is like a nurse saying that if there were no poorly people they'd be out of a job. Lots of charities make mega money from abused animals, the homeless etc etc but Jack seems to think that it's a crime to say that she does the same when it's all she's done for years.

Reactions: 35
From previous thread, but the comments about buying insanely expensive furniture so she has something to sell if she’s ever a Pov for a few weeks again.

Everyone I know, when they get a windfall - and by that I mean an extra hundred quid or so - they immediately withdraw it and shove it under their mattress or such like. Because they’re victims of bounced DD charges, overdraft charges etc, they like that cash to be physically in their hands should an emergency crop up.

Of course, hardly any of us actually have spare cash to do that with these days…

• Heart
Speculation - I think some of those she sent herself, particularly the ones where they mention buying her books, so she can prove her books have helped people but ultimately shooting herself in the food by pretending they’ve sent her(self) money, it will be interesting to see how many sock accounts there are and how much she tweets herself to up her PayPal tips etc

EDT foot not food, Freudian slip
Omg if the socks get exposed that would be fabulous !!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.