Jack Monroe #305 How incredibly, depressingly, tedious

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 60
Definitely think there was some issue with her work that they let her go so easily. Not to martyr myself but I'm a good worker and anytime I've resigned from a role I've been asked to reconsider. One manager actually refused to accept my resignation. I can only think that there was an issue with Jack or her work that they so readily accepted her leaving and didn't do anything to try accommodate her in any way, despite her family connections.
Iā€™ve only worked in one job where they didnā€™t want me to go. Iā€™ve no idea why as I wasnā€™t treated well. Tbh my experience has been if Iā€™ve left somewhere Iā€™ve had somewhere else to go and people just accept your resignation. In fact I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever written a resignation letter because Iā€™ve put managers as my references and they knew I was going. Iā€™ve just given them notice but Iā€™ve never had to do it in writing. It will be different depending what sector you work in I suppose.

Reactions: 18
This is actually her cook book?! Crikey, she thinks that every detail of her life is fascinating, doesnā€™t she? If you wanted an actual cook book, wouldnā€™t this be infuriating?
Although, I do kind of want to know how that story ended, who she was producing the recipes for etc. I mean, obviously everybody clapped, but did she get any more work out of it?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Screenshot jm1.png

I ain't saying nothing.
But sniffing around there's a website, which at a glance looks like an MMO Guild.
But it turns out to be some sort of other thing.... which didn't lessen suspicion.... of what might be going on.
But I ain't saying nothing.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Was that a message to her exes? Iā€™m sooooo happy I have a ā€œnormal and ordinaryā€ partner. I donā€™t even want a rich celeb/ well known in media partner anyway!!!!!
Yep, completely meant for ljc or hotlegs leggy to read. Completely not over one of her famous exes if she's posting stuff like this, especially in the middle of prepping for another landmark legal win.
How effing rude and utterly bizarre.
I don't have twitter so thought I'd have a peek on FB and see how the land lies there, lots of posts from leftwing groups I am in praising her and people jumping on to say they're happy to contribute to a legal fees crowdfunder. I've seen two of my friends share her posts, it makes me feel so angry how much she gets for free or for being a gobby fake, changing her accent depending on who she's trying to Impress or scare . She's a horrible little bully stomping around in her DMs pretending to be working class and helping The Poor.

One minute she is doing it for free the next minute it's her 'actual job'.

It makes me so mad , so many of us genuinely struggle dealing with all the stuff she claims to struggle with and is just getting money thrown at her from every direction.

I wish just one patreon would publicly ask where the content is that they've been paying for for so long
She has never physically done anything practical to help the most vulnerable people. She's never done any hands on work with people who are homeless, struggling families, volunteer in a foodbank or soup kitchen.
Says she helps people through DMs etc but why doesn't she publicly share the things she is supposedly helping people with?

How about some proper signposting, not just banging on about the trussell trust when it's notoriously difficult to just get free food from them as you have to find an agency who will give you the vouchers , you need an appointment to see the professional who can give the vouchers unless you're regularly attending an agency who holds the vouchers
If this really was her job she'd be doing real research into how to help with the immediate problem, not just asking people to DM their trauma when she has a paid talk to attend.

I'm one of The Poor she purports to help, and I have managed to work or volunteer with all of the above, my lived experience makes me an ideal candidate for actively supporting real life people, not just sending in a box of tins with my name writ large for all to see or allowing people to photocopy her 'work'.
I have never found her recipes inspiring or motivating and I think most regular 'poors' or 'working class' families would struggle to enjoy any of her depressipes.
And prior to this latest chaos which started because an MP said he could cook meals for 30p, wasn't she only in the last few weeks bragging that she can do meals for 11p or did I dream that?
Either way, her whole career has been about telling the whole world that people who have duck all can live on food costing no more than Ā£20 per week , literal Tory energy and using her voice like that is only inspiring the government to take more away from us
She is stupid.

I don't understand why or how this has all blown up from someone who is saying exactly the same as she's been shouting about for a decade

Give me Marcus Rashford and Tom kerridge doing achievable and attractive cheap food with Full Time Meals recipes any day over jack and her revolting cobbled together slop.

Just a clip of her saying 'it'll thicken up in the oven' whilst pouring milk onto a crappy lasagne on daily kitchen live, or the lingreenie on This Morning is enough evidence to show that a person in poverty copying her recipes is likely to end up wasting food because it's effing inedible.

And what about her martyrdom cooking videos making her viewers feel bad for the fact she's late, or telling Eamonn Holmes 'you're stressing me out mate ' when she does get a paid cooking gig

Sorry another shawads late night stating the obvious rambling rant. I'm TIRED. and joking aside, I'm completely burnt out from trying to pull it all together day in day out when people like her sit on their arse, tweeting bollocks for attention, hand outs and accolades making internet strangers feel like they have to throw money at her because she once wrote a blog about being poor with a baby and lived off it ever since
Including the oft repeated incredible claims of unscrewing lightbulbs.
She used her platform to help scupper our chance of a decent labour party, spoilt her ballot for the eu referendum
she is not left wing. She is not poor. She does nothing to help poor people.
She is long past her sell by date, she's irrelevant and unrelateable
Have a LOVELY EVENING I'm off to polish my plughole

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
Pay your rent out of your patreon income then.
Does anyone really believe she canā€™t make rent? Itā€™s just another poverty performance. Honestly, the constant whinging and mooching for money must play havoc with her self esteem. Has she absolutely no pride? Iā€™d walk over razor blades before Iā€™d humiliate myself like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
View attachment 1267187

I ain't saying nothing.
But sniffing around there's a website, which at a glance looks like an MMO Guild.
But it turns out to be some sort of other thing.... which didn't lessen suspicion.... of what might be going on.
But I ain't saying nothing.
Tell meeeee!!! I don't get it!? What is it!? Pls pls pls
Also..... I'm not watching Eurovision, I'm watching One Foot in the Grave. Says it all really

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Isnā€™t it a bit tone deaf to include a monologue about jetting off to Venice cos of bad mentals in a recipe book meant for refugees whoā€™ve just had to flee their home?? Wtf is the relevance to that and her Cack e pepe
She's so horrible. Absolute brat
No insight whatsoever.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
She's still an hole, now got the Bad Mentals again. Old Harold took her to Lidl.
I skim read this as grunking , saw the post about we will rock you and this as the response, was trying to do 'She's still an hole, now got the Bad Mentals again. Old Harold took her to Lidl.' to the tune of we will rock you but I couldn't make it scan šŸ¤£šŸ™ˆ

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.