Jack Monroe #305 How incredibly, depressingly, tedious

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched Saturday Kitchen for the second week running and lovely Matt was so happy with his award from Fortnum and Mason. In fact, every foodie account I follow has been posting about the awards and congratulating others for their wins. It’s telling that Jack is completely ignored and ignoring this.

It’s really sad (in a “what a sad little life, Jane” way, not a sympathy way: she deserves nothing but misery) that she supposedly has this exciting new relationship, a new book on the way, plenty of lucrative speaking engagements lined up over the summer for the first time in two years, yet she’s too consumed by grift (to pay her tax bill, no doubt) and petty squabbles with the other worst people on the internet to appreciate or enjoy these things that so many people would kill for.

She’s a completely tragic character. Films should be made about her, but not the sympathetic heroine melodrama she expects.
I support this post word for word, especially the middle para.

Reactions: 33
I watched Saturday Kitchen for the second week running and lovely Matt was so happy with his award from Fortnum and Mason. In fact, every foodie account I follow has been posting about the awards and congratulating others for their wins. It’s telling that Jack is completely ignored and ignoring this.

It’s really sad (in a “what a sad little life, Jane” way, not a sympathy way: she deserves nothing but misery) that she supposedly has this exciting new relationship, a new book on the way, plenty of lucrative speaking engagements lined up over the summer for the first time in two years, yet she’s too consumed by grift (to pay her tax bill, no doubt) and petty squabbles with the other worst people on the internet to appreciate or enjoy these things that so many people would kill for.

She’s a completely tragic character. Films should be made about her, but not the sympathetic heroine melodrama she expects.
You could really say that about every single stage of Jacks career in slopbiz. Every single opportunity squandered, no effort made to develop so much as a single skill. When you think of all the people who try but don't quite make it, the people who never even get the chance to find out what they're good at and develop a skill, then you think of everything that slopgibbon has been handed on a plate. It's sickening.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
This is something to consider. Not saying it will definitely happen but it could. Do you remember when Wings sued Kezia and she won and he appealed it? Well. Apparently the Labour Party paid her legal fees. It is possibly that the Tories could bankroll Lee Anderson on this and also. If Monroe can crowdfund. They could crowdfund. She doesn’t have the monopoly on raising cash.

Also. She’s suing people for saying she’s a millionaire? Get in the bin. She reminds me of many people I’ve seen on twitter who think they can say anything they like about people and if someone says anything about them it’s police. It’s lawyers. It’s intimidation pure and simple and she just wants to bully people into shutting up.

She’s not the victim in this. She’s a nasty spiteful grifting bully.

they also went over stu Campbell’s twitter history with a fine toothed comb. All the times he was offensive to people. He got nothing. He was told if there was going to be an award for damages it would have been 100 quid. They will have a field day with Monroe if this comes to court. lozza and Lee Anderson’s lawyers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Big Dave was also grammar educated at the boy's version of Jack's school, he went to university, his mum's a Conservative (back when this was fairly unusual for the working class) and of course his dad was a serial landlord and owned a restaurant and left 12 properties in his will.

It's safe to say not only did she grow up exceedingly middle class, but at the very least her dad did, too.
For contrast when my granny died she left £950 in a savings account. But yeah sure, Jack grew up working class.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
I think my court outfit will be a sweatshirt TOASTER emblazoned on it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I currently involved in a row on my fb page about Jack and honestly, it's like trying to convince the pope that Jesus isn't all he's cracked up to be.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I currently involved in a row on my fb page about Jack and honestly, it's like trying to convince the pope that Jesus isn't all he's cracked up to be.
Ask them to outline how exactly she helps? What have been the main successes of her campaigning work over the last decade?

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I wonder if she’s considered the timing of this.
We know she actually does have a lot on over the next few months, speaking events, festivals, and finishing up, then promoting her next book.

If this case does go ahead, would she still be able to commit to all of her upcoming “gigs”? Has she just screwed herself over? OR is that the idea, that it’s convenient she does have a lot of “work” which she can point to and say that she was unable to attend?
She'll be speaking at a thing from the SCVO (Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations) in the near future and it has made me not go (tbf, if my boss wanted me to go I would of course, but it put me off)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Screenshot 2022-05-14 19.31.17.png

Lol! Dammit poors I am your spokesperson and saviour and if you don't accept that then I'll sue you into bankruptcy for your own good.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Sudden death at the kicky ball now. The current Mr. Django and I will eat stuffing soup, lob ourselves nekkid into the compost bin and apologize to Jack if she wins this case

duck it..Liverpool 🏆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.