Jack Monroe #305 How incredibly, depressingly, tedious

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
🚨 Jack has cleaned her plughole!

View attachment 1266755
She didn't "send it straight back" IIRC! It took her ages and the only reason she did is because she was getting grief about it.
Plus obviously it's not only the ONE person who's giving her money while being less well off than her. Let's face it, the vast majority of people are less well off than her anyway, so .....

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Does anyone else want to break into the football chant of. Cheerio Cheerio Cheerio!!! Don’t let the door smack your arse on the way out Jack

• Haha
Reactions: 25
If you want to get technical the pm has half his income for being a mp. She could quite possibly be earning at or around the earnings as the prime minister alone. They could say they were just talking about the pm element, which is also silly as you can't have one without the other but it isn't clear cut. Another reason why this absolutely won't go anywhere and noone will take it on.

The Prime Minister’s earnings are made up of £79,496 for his role as Prime Minister, and an additional £81,932 for being an MP.

Jacks patreon element of her income I think is around 40k a year for 700+ based on the average patreon donation of $6. The corporate gigs, multinational ads, appearances, interviews, book royalties and tip jar could easily be another 40k.
Jack’s problem is all her charitable donations- the interview fees she promises to donate, the teemill part 1 debacle - count as earnings. From April 21 to March 22 she’s had mega patreon, ad rev via website, Netflix poo, Mel Donte, 11k teemill Lorraine, PayPal donation of £250, royalties from previous book sales....this is all public domain info.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
That piece in the Spectator today suggests they won't.

I know Boris has a reputation for being a gambler, but he really isn't.
The Tories will drop Lee Anderson like a hot brick, as they have to many others over the years.
Anderson is the weak link in all this. I think it's possible he'll settle to get rid of her, probably under pressure from the party. The other two will milk this for all it's worth.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
SMART PRICE RICE.
It’s hard to say whether she influenced the ONS to work on changing the CPI to better represent poorer people, which they say they’re still working on. If she did, that would be a big win. Rashford‘s influence on food poverty policies has been much much bigger. And he did that in his spare time.

Reactions: 29
"they're emboldened now" as though that has nothing to do with the way she's been going on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Refreshingly ordinary hands? Is she usually in extraordinary hands?
HANDS.
Was that a message to her exes? I’m sooooo happy I have a “normal and ordinary” partner. I don’t even want a rich celeb/ well known in media partner anyway!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 48
That piece in the Spectator today suggests they won't.

I know Boris has a reputation for being a gambler, but he really isn't.
The Tories will drop Lee Anderson like a hot brick, as they have to many others over the years.
Did Daisley write that? If so I wouldn’t set much store by what his views are (he’s an idiot). Not assuming he did write it. Just thought it might be him

Reactions: 19
Is the “refreshingly ordinary hands” comment meant to be a dig at her exes? Implying that she’s actually glad to not have a partner who is famous/wealthy/successful?

Edited to add, haha, snap @shouldbutshornt !

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
It’s hard to say whether she influenced the ONS to work on changing the CPI to better represent poorer people, which they say they’re still working on. If she did, that would be a big win. Rashford‘s influence on food poverty policies has been much much bigger. And he did that in his spare time.
The ONS had started work on the CPI in Novemeber 2021 which predates Jack going off on one, though no doubt she'll try to claim credit when the changes are through.

Reactions: 36
Jack’s problem is all her charitable donations- the interview fees she promises to donate, the teemill part 1 debacle - count as earnings. From April 21 to March 22 she’s had mega patreon, ad rev via website, Netflix poo, Mel Donte, 11k teemill Lorraine, PayPal donation of £250, royalties from previous book sales....this is all public domain info.
Presumably they could also say they don't know the exact figure the PM makes (I mean how many people would without looking?) as part of the defence, and then there are quite a few fairly reasonable figures they could say that she may well be hovering around as well from just the public domain stuff (as well as claiming they meant just the PM bit as Yel said).

It came to me while watching the penalties that if I'd admitted via a deleted tweet that I hadn't paid my taxes and my accounts were well overdue on companies house, I wouldn't be gleefully starting a row centred on my finances publicly, and I certainly wouldn't want to do something meaning I'd have to stand up in court and talk about them and draw HMRC's attention even closer to me...

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
Ah, the Main Character on this one is strong, huh?

And 'refreshingly ordinary' is such a patronising way to talk about your OH/whoever.
Poor Old Harold, such an uninteresting plain Jane. A refreshing break for Jack though from the dizzy heights of Twitter fame and celebrity 🥰

She hasn't been bubbling over with glee today has she? Just the odd few responses to things. Perhaps she's realised she's got herself stuck in an awkward position now...

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Anderson is the weak link in all this. I think it's possible he'll settle to get rid of her, probably under pressure from the party. The other two will milk this for all it's worth.
Dunno, the man was a coal miner and single dad, much as I dislike his politics he's a better person than Jack will ever be.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.