Jack Monroe #304 Very middle class

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank goodness this chaos didn't coincide with her trip to Venice....cos...she wouldn't have gone then, right?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
No, the first port of call will be to encourage people to view it.
Her first tweet states 19,300 had seen it.
Less than a day later, it's over half a million.
And she is still arguing with, and attracting attention to, the people she claims to be suing.
Honestly, it’s like Oprah. “You have a writ and you have writ. Everybody gets a writ”
I’ve never sued anyone but common sense tells me that the one of the first things a lawyer is going to say is “don't engage”.
I really do wonder if she is on something. She is acting completely contrary to her own best interests.

Reactions: 31
They're classed as adult non fiction in my library service. So is it true she would get a royalty fee each time it is borrowed?

Reactions: 15
Surely books are free at the library anyway? Do authors get royalties from borrowed books? Surely not?
Yes, there's a small fee paid to authors each time their book is borrowed. The last time I saw a Jack book in the library it had only been borrowed once, judging from the stamp on it, then word must have got round and it was left on the shelf.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
So she said “lawyer instructed”. That could simply mean she sent him an email saying “sue them”. I think she’s simply dialling up the threats because she expected them to back down but they haven’t (how dare they!).
If this does go to court, she will be horribly exposed. And she fully deserves it.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I wonder how her infected lymph nodes are today.
So: she’s suing anyone/Lee Anderson for libel/slander/defamation of character for saying she has more money than the PM, and not because she takes money off those who can ill afford it?
And she’s happy to put her son through the trauma of this trial, assuming it gets that far?
I wonder what the lawyers assessment is, in terms of prospect of success. I cannot imagine it would reach even moderate level of achieving success.
win or lose, there are no winners here. Jack is walking into a career catastrophe and will be forced to disclose so much information that she would rather keep quiet about.
hole.

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.