Jack Monroe #304 Very middle class

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You’re right @heretoreaditall2019 dispute resolution is an absolute must but even more so now given the massive backlogs in courts. No judge will be impressed with her behaviour tonight, she should have stfu and quietly, gently, softly behind the scenes sent a message asking them to retract. This whole playing it out on twitter will not help her one bit.

Section 1(1) of the 2013 Defamation Act introduced a new test which provides that a statement is not defamatory unless its publication has caused or is likely to cause serious harm to the reputation of the claimant. This is qualified by s 1(2) in that for the purposes of the section, harm to the reputation of a body that trades for profit is not "serious harm" unless it has caused or is likely to cause the body serious financial loss.

All Lozza et al have to do is just look at her twitter follower count - it’s sky rocketing - that’s not the sign of a statement causing serious harm, quite the opposite, it’s raising her profile positively. Then it’s just a matter of following the money £££. I’m tempted to throw a few quid jacks way to get this legal ball rolling🤣🤣🤣. Sadly it won’t get to court because Jack won’t sue, she’ll just take the cash and pay her taxes and fines with it. It wouldn’t get to court because there’s no legal basis for her claim because the statement is TRUE!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 79
Just to clarify… she’s suing for slander not libel as it’s on video?

and she can only win that if the slander/libel affects her earnings which she says she doesn’t have

is that right?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I may be wrong (don’t sue me is I am Jack) but I think her lawyer was involved with a Rachel Riley case (and probably chums with TAO)…. Off to Google!

ETA -https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jul/29/rachel-riley-and-tracy-ann-oberman-drop-libel-claim-over-retweet
He does lawyer for them.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Can we crowd fund to get Judge Judy to preside?
You can hear her eyes rolling from miles away

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
You know what. I’m glad it’s right wingers that are taking her on because left wing people who know she is on the grift have sat in silence for too long.
This whole ‘left and right’ pigeon holing is killing public discourse - good intentions mean very little if those with them are happy to be complicit to obvious dishonesty on account of imagined shared ideals and/or social acceptance. Much better instead to have open, honest debate where some things can be agreed with and some things questioned, regardless of previous form or political persuasion of the person saying them.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Who is that?
Ex-Eastenders actress Tracy-Ann Oberman, a truly toxic presence on twitter. All we need now is for Frances Barber to throw her support into Jack's corner, maybe Frances Weetman too, at which stage I spontaneously combust (in a good way).

• Haha
Reactions: 63
We have a chaos specifically ABOUT Jack pretending to be poor. I couldn't be happier. She can't show her workings/earnings because she hasn't paid any taxes for years.

I'm just

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
I really, really hope there's a court artist. They're gonna be beuts

What do you reckon will be the Court Look captured for posterity?

Mormon Mama?

Cherie Blair?

Concentration Camp with Cancer headscarf and a Weinstein Walking Frame?

Basil Brush mangled in a cement mixer?

Obviously at least a stick, possibly a wheelchair, mentions of seizures, hair falling out, emergency admissions to hospital with chest pains, death threats, all the usual shite.

The trouble is that instead of having a go at an ex-Apprentice public figure, she's going after an MP. And she might not realise it, but MPs have rather a lot of lawyers in their ranks. And lots of additional information will be shared on the QT. 'Oh, her, the one who said such horrible things about Dave's kid? Well, there was this time when she was at....and....' Mom will retreat gracefully and smile benignly, as you don't piss off your own in favour of a little pet.

There's being desperate to get attention from her ex and then there's doing something so spectacularly stupid as this to get attention from her ex and the local party - who will step the duck back as soon as they realise that she will be exposed.

Disability? Arthritis? ADHD? - the respondent will require medical evidence of that.
No money? - the respondent requires full accounts and bank statements for all accounts. Including Teemill, Patreon, Go Fund Me, Kofi, Paypal and Go Henry.
Receiving threats? - the respondent will require evidence of these. And whilst they're at it, perhaps this timid little mouse could explain why she has publicly declared several instances of assaulting people and of carrying a knife, a criminal offence punishable by a custodial sentence?
Disappearing tweets? Nah, not going to fall for that one again. And not disappearing phones, either.
Working Class? - if we could just draw attention to the provisions of a certain grandfather's will and the company accounts of a certain father - could this really be realistically termed living in poverty rather than an rather comfortable, middleclass lifestyle?

Hopkins was chickenfeed. She's decided to try and start a fight with some Big Boys. Bigger, mostly (I exclude Fox from this, obviously) smarter, entire political parties behind them, people who are able to use Google to find a website with literally thousands of contemporaneous tweets screenshot.

Oh, this isn't going to go well - especially as the money she'll rake in from Paypal will also be counted as income.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 82
I reckon the “white wingers” have been sitting on this for quite a while, softly, quietly taking notes on their Victorian typewriters. Watching as she becomes more and more bold.
Someone had a really good list a thread or two of all of her paid promotions since 2020.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
He knew what he was doing when he decided to mention Jack on the podcast. All she's done is drive traffic to their channel and make a clown of herself. I'm not complaining, mind, it's the funniest thing she's done in ages.

Screenshot 2022-05-13 21.44.51.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.