Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Django

VIP Member
I think Jack understands her audience pretty well. She probably keeps her earnings ambiguous because people want you to have money if you have none and want to help people. Spendy purchases are met with cries of 'treat yourself, you deserve it so much'.

They don't like you if you have money and try to help people because it's condescending. Spendy treats are seen as frivlous, wasteful...should have donated it to charity instead.

Which is why it's OK for someone like Jack to say you can feed 2 for £20 a week. But if someone who has crossed that line in the sand for whatever reason (financial/political/other) it's bang out of order. And that line seems to be bleedin' obvious politically (Tory) but not so much financially and I think Jack knows it.
I had to re-read your first line as I thought it said 'keep her earrings ambiguous'.
But that would work too.

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
What will probably happen is that Jack's lawyer will write to / email them and say "withdraw what you said, post an apology and give money to food banks". Their lawyers will write back saying "lol no". And then it will proceed from there.
Fair play to them if they do.

I don't like any of the people that Jack is screaming at, but, Jack deserves this. To paraphrase Jack herself; she needs a spanking.

HansThatDoDishes

Chatty Member
There's a distinction between racial prejudice/abuse which anyone of any race can perperuate, and which often happens on an individual or small group basis, and racism as a system/phenomenon through which one racial group (in the case of many countries, white people, especially those of an ethnic majority identity, eg white British) subjugates one or more groupsfrom different ethnicities, whether through obvious discrimination or more insidious, subtle ways e.g.police disproportionately targeting black men, stereotyping black women as bossy and so on. Of course it gets muddy because many people class both as coming under the umbrella term 'racism' but that's generally the distinction.

Of course even that is a simplification because factors like religion, class, nationality, regional identity and ethnicity (as generally understood as something more nuanced than race - e.g. members of white traveller communities would often be seen as the same race as white Brits, but not the same ethnicity) also play their part in which groups are stigmatised and unfairly treated.

Might get off Tattle for the night now, the whole Laurence Fox et al thing is making me feel icky and I'm also sighing at how it's just bringing more squigs and blue ticks to donate to St Jackie.

• Heart

Darlingbitgauche

I know I go on about this but it's so disgusting that over £30k was raised and the cash went to Jack rather than the foodbanks, who received her terrible books instead.
It's OK though, because they can photocopy them for free on the magic photocopiers, supplies and paper that cost absolutely nothing of course.

• Heart
  • Haha

FlashBoof

VIP Member
I may be wrong (don’t sue me is I am Jack) but I think her lawyer was involved with a Rachel Riley case (and probably chums with TAO)…. Off to Google!

ETA -https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jul/29/rachel-riley-and-tracy-ann-oberman-drop-libel-claim-over-retweet
He does lawyer for them.

• Wow
  • Haha

Discombobby

Her followers are really doing her no favours are they 😅😂
It says a lot about someone when they have supporters who are clearly both moronic and possibly mentally unwell but what does she do for them exactly bar beg for money left right and centre?

She's actually potentially dangerous. I was laughing at it all but I'm getting cross again now... Fake bullying bitch. 😠

Reactions: 30

Nonah

VIP Member
There's a distinction between racial prejudice/abuse which anyone of any race can perperuate, and which often happens on an individual or small group basis, and racism as a system/phenomenon through which one racial group (in the case of many countries, white people, especially those of an ethnic majority identity, eg white British) subjugates one or more groupsfrom different ethnicities, whether through obvious discrimination or more insidious, subtle ways e.g.police disproportionately targeting black men, stereotyping black women as bossy and so on. Of course it gets muddy because many people class both as coming under the umbrella term 'racism' but that's generally the distinction.

Of course even that is a simplification because factors like religion, class, nationality, regional identity and ethnicity (as generally understood as something more nuanced than race - e.g. members of white traveller communities would often be seen as the same race as white Brits, but not the same ethnicity) also play their part in which groups are stigmatised and unfairly treated.

Might get off Tattle for the night now, the whole Laurence Fox et al thing is making me feel icky and I'm also sighing at how it's just bringing more squigs and blue ticks to donate to St Jackie.
I just started watching the video that caused all this and realised after about three seconds that I probably need to go to bed or at least have a long hard think about how my evening is going 😂

• Haha

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
Her main character syndrome is going to make it feel like all eyes are on her despite most people not caring. That'll make it hard for her to back down. I don't think this will make it anywhere near a judge (with lots of narrative twisting from Monroe) but if it does, she's fucked.

• Haha

Penelope_Ghent

VIP Member
How dare real life get in the way of the ultimate chaos? This is astonishing. I will spend football practice thinking about what court outfit to wear!

• Haha

Griftymcgriftface

VIP Member
Fraus! I’m heading out now so think I won’t be able to check in til tonight. Please take lots of screenshotos for posterity. Looking forward to an epic grunking chaos later!

• Haha

jenny2603

VIP Member
I’m still making my way through last night’s epic chaos, but disappointed that a new thread title wasn’t ‘Oh oh, Jack’s been pumbled’
Keep that for when she has to back down because she doesn't have a case.

• Haha

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
When did Jack claim the KH winnings was going to go to refugees? I'd only read she spent it on a new sofa (a silly purchase in my mind for someone saving for a forever home - get one for £300 from IKEA fgs)