Jack Monroe #303 The lingering honk of burning martyr..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for this.

My SiL is a nurse and has worked in a&e and has always been very dismissive of paracetamol overdoses saying how you'd need 00s to actually kill yourself. She generally talks a lot of sense about things, but this never quite rang true
The dose at which damage occurs varies wildly between even people who on paper should have the same reaction to it, eg two people could take the same overdose and one be absolutely fine, no ill effects while the other damages their liver irreversibly and dies. The variability combined with the delayed onset of serious symptoms is what makes it so dangerous and why the sale is so heavily restricted even though other drugs are "more toxic" in overdose.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I hope this doesn’t kick off anymore till about half 8. I’ve got to go and fetch my OH (I have an OH you know) from work and don’t want to return to a 10 page grunk.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
I don’t believe she will sue anyone. There’s all sorts of crap on her twitter other people could use against her. And let’s remember nothing has been said that’s remotely libellous. She IS taking money from poor people. You can’t sue someone for telling the truth

btw Jack. Nicola Sturgeon had the same thing said about her all over social media. That she earns more than the PM. Did she sue? No. And she’s a qualified lawyer.

• Wow
Reactions: 49
Your honour, I was so mortified and embarrassed by the horrible things this man said about me, I immediately tweeted the link and encouraged my followers to watch it and then giddily tweeted about how I was going to spend the dough made from suing him.
Lawyer
“Miss Monroe, we tried to find these tweets but they seem to have been deleted. Do you have access to the tweets that you could submit as evidence?”

Monroe
“Not true your honour! … shan’t. None of that happened, I have ADHD. I’m so tired ..”

…..

Lawyer
…”well, quite. Anyway, we did find the tweets your honour on a site called Tattle…”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Your honour, I was so mortified and embarrassed by the horrible things this man said about me, I immediately tweeted the link and encouraged my followers to watch it and then giddily tweeted about how I was going to spend the dough made from suing him.
I think this (apart from her lies, and well, just being her) will be her downfall if she pursues this. No sign of being upset or genuinely shocked. Just seeing poundsigns and revelling in it all.
twit.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
She's just barking at anyone now!! Harold, for god's sake, take her phone and make her a chamomile tea

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Just watched the Miguel thing on the GB news app, not sure how to share it but it starts about 24 mins in. He’s really quite charming and makes the point in a nice way that his first book recipes can’t be done for £1 any more. He’s also very media savvy as the presenter seemed to be aiming for a controversial quote and he managed to avoid saying anything that could be taken out of context. I hope he gets a tv show. Take some notes on how it is done, Jack.
I'm pretty sure I remember him talking on Instagram about how he was in the running for a TV show in lockdown and didn't get...wonder if it was DKL?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
My computer is doing a chaos and has been updating for nearly an hour so I'm hunched over trying not to get Waitrose vegan moussaka (it was GIFTED) on my tablet. I'm going to get indigestion but it's worth it to see her making such a year of herself in real time 😂

Edit: year? twit! bleeping autocarrot pointy little head

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Grunking so don’t know where this’ll land.
But it’s comedy gold that Jack thinks she gets screen time (which she doesn’t get actually because she’s too common apparently) because she’s conventionally attractive.
I don’t feel bad saying this because she’s pissed me right off with all that triggering poison - she’s an unfortunate looking fucker with a nose like the tomato in Veggie Tales.
Agreed.

She looks like a snarling chihuahua to me.

1652464723623.png

• Haha
Reactions: 32
So we’re all agreed we’re using Jack’s trial as an excuse to meet up in our court outfits? I’ll be like Jim Waterson at the Wagatha Christie trial, TikToking updates on what’s happening and Jack’s Patreon earnings being exposed.

I’m going as a crumpled bus ticket.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.