Jack Monroe #303 The lingering honk of burning martyr..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This grunk is about 8.5/10 there’s a lot of chaos but I’m not sure that she’s ”chaosing” as it were. I suspect there’s a lot of performing to the new OH who should be carefully, gently trying to prise the phone off her in a few hours, the blue light stealing his last few precious hours of sleep before another shift in the hat shop.

🎶 Runaway train, driven by Jack
Wrong way down a one-way track
Fells like we should be getting somewhere
Every day the same “just wrote a thing” nightmare

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Do you think Jack genuinely doesn't see PayPal, Patreon etc as taxable income? Cos I'm kind of suspecting she sees it just as spoon and hat and earring money and not 'pay'. (And hey, if she wears Tiffany earrings on Insta that's a business expense right?)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Do you think Jack genuinely doesn't see PayPal, Patreon etc as taxable income? Cos I'm kind of suspecting she sees it just as spoon and hat and earring money and not 'pay'. (And hey, if she wears Tiffany earrings on Insta that's a business expense right?)
She views them as gifts. We view them as grifts.

She is promising a particular service on patreon for the money though so I’m not sure how that works,

Reactions: 40
She’s not a bad writer. If she wrote about something other than herself and stopped using long words she doesn’t know the meaning of, it would be bearable. I’ve read a lot of what she’s written and I can’t remember her writing anything that wasn’t a fabricated memoir.

Reactions: 26
She’s not a bad writer. If she wrote about something other than herself and stopped using long words she doesn’t know the meaning of, it would be bearable. I’ve read a lot of what she’s written and I can’t remember her writing anything that wasn’t a fabricated memoir.
She absolutely cannot write about anything other than herself though. And she likes to think of herself as being very clever, so she'll never take any corrections on her word mangling.

Reactions: 46
I can’t remember her writing anything that wasn’t a fabricated memoir.
Can you imagine her actual memoir though? Every paragraph contradicting the one before it? A photo section full of WHO DAT? No words that mean what they really mean? I pity the copy editor.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She’s not a bad writer. If she wrote about something other than herself - c’est impossible!

and stopped using long words she doesn’t know the meaning of -mon dieu!

it would be bearable. I’ve read a lot of what she’s written and I can’t remember her writing anything that wasn’t a fabricated memoir.
Sorry shouldn’ty B, you made me exclaim in French.
Also, do you think the tattoos were an investment she can sell if she falls on hard times, like the Mulberry bag?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Just catching up. So some random thoughts.
Omg has anyone ever found themselves as endlessly fascinating as Jack Monroe does 😂 This 'I'm so unusual and nobody understands me' stance is usually outgrown by the time you are about 16. She is 'too coarse and unusual' for TV, yet regularly turns down offers for I'm a Celeb and Big Brother :rolleyes:
I haven't read her latest brain fart. The Jan Moir references make me think it has taken her all this time to come back with a stinging rebuke, rather like the 3 days later one to Edwina Currie.
The 'behind the scenes' stuff. Bollocks. She never hands over her platform, she never talks about other chefs. She is pathetically jealous and bitter and sees everyone else as competition. Ring fencing the money potential she sees as hers.
The tax thing. We all know she is lying. If she wasn't she would be crowing over proving everyone wrong and threatening lawyers. Instead she uses her faux lighthearted tactic of lots of '!!!!!'
Train driver Jack 😂 Fairly sure she would fail every criteria necessary thank duck. Idiot.

(And well done Trifle D. Whose Twitter presence is the exact opposite of Jack's. Kind, clever, joyful, generous).

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Some of my twitter followers today were congratulating Jack on the tweets she made about giving 20000 of her books away. It didn’t upset me. I just can’t understand how they can’t see how awful she is. 19 of my twitter followers follow her and I don’t have tons of followers. I wish she would just take a break from twitter. The poor me is getting on my every last nerve just now.

Btw Jack. People who aren’t rich do vote Tory. I live in a very ordinary area which has some deprivation but also some more well to do bits and in my ward there is a Tory councillor and I believe this is at least his third term of being one. Some people in Scotland vote because they want the uk to remain as the uk and you might think that everyone would vote Labour if that’s the case but no. Sometimes people vote tactically too. You will get people who aren’t Tories voting Tory or Lib Dem to stop the SNP.

Also. Where have the toot toots gone? Can you imagine being the partner of little miss misery guts?

Btw Jack. Some of us have walked the walk on UC and it can be very tough going. I actually resent a twit like you constantly crying about how hard your life is.

Reactions: 32
I have so much to say. But it’s late and I’m EXHAUSTED

But if she was actually asked to go on Celeb BB, I’ll eat my pigskin hat

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
This is a comparison between Jack's latest claims of events on and after the 31st July 2012, the day of the famous Hunger Hurts blog.

I didn’t have a plan. Poverty is lonely, and isolating, monotonous and hopeless and grim, so I wrote about it because I’ve always written about things. Its how I process them, and anyway, nobody read my silly little blog so it didn’t matter. I documented the drudgery, the fear, the immobilising helplessness and depression, and I did it because I was planning to kill myself, and as niche and secret as it was, I wanted there to be some kind of record left of this excuse for a life when I was gone.

And so I sat down and I wrote, in the cold and the dark, sipping a cup of hot water with some skanky yellow-sticker shrivelled ginger grated into it to try to ease the hunger pains for long enough that I could trick my exhausted bones into some sleep. Huddling on a mattress on the floor with a toddler, both of us wrapped up in our dressing gowns. My son was going to his fathers house the next day, and I was going to transition gently into whatever awaited me on the other side of a cold bath and dozens of pills. Hunger Hurts was the pre-emptive obituary of a skin-and-bones hollow-eyed wraith who frequently went a week without seeing nor speaking to another human being out loud. Just typed and tapped and tried and cursed and cried, night after night after night.

It didn’t happen that way. I tried. SB went to his Dads, and I ran my bath. I don’t remember much about it – trauma will do that to a person – but I do remember waking up, stark bollock naked, freezing cold, alone, feeling extremely sick, and absolutely disgusted to still be alive. I didn’t have the money for any more packets of 16p paracetamol, nor any booze to wash them down with to finish the job. I just had my wretchedness, my feral existence, and my words.

But something had happened, in the 24 hours between pouring my aching guts out into a rambling blog post, and waking up in that ice-cold bath. Messages from strangers, who reached out and told me their own stories. Some from the distant past. Some very much current. Some people told me it got better. Some people just made me feel less alone. So I wrote back to them. And I carried on writing.

That was on the 31st of July 2012,

(Bolding mine)

Today has seen fourteen job applications go in, painstakingly typed on this Jurassic mobile phone, for care work, shop work, factory work, minimum wage work, any kind of work, because quite simply, this doesn’t work.

For reasons unbeknownst to me, this month my Housing Benefit was over £100 short. I didn’t get a letter that I know of, but I can assume that it’s still the fallout from the cockups made by the various benefit agencies when I briefly went back to work from March to May. Whatever the reason, it’s easy to work out that £670 of rent can’t be paid of £438 of Housing Benefit. So I’m a week in arrears, almost two, as by the time Thursday comes and the next £167.31 is due, there’ll still be nothing coming in. The Income Support went on keeping me afloat, briefly, as did the Child Tax Credit. Now I’m not only in arrears, but last night when I opened my fridge to find some leftover tomato pasta, an onion, and a knob of stem ginger, I gave the pasta to my boy and went to bed hungry with a pot of home made ginger tea to ease the stomach pains.

This morning, small boy had one of the last Weetabix, mashed with water, with a glass of tap water to wash it down with. ‘Where’s Mummys breakfast?’ he asks, big blue eyes and two year old concern. I tell him I’m not hungry, but the rumblings of my stomach call me a liar. But these are the things that we do.

I sit at the breakfast table, pencil and paper in hand, and I start to make a list. Everything that I have was either given to me by benevolent and generous friends, or bought when I earned £27k a year and had that fuzzy memory of disposable income. Much of it has gone already. The Omega Seamaster watch, a 21st birthday present, was the first to go when I left the Fire Service. My words, ‘you can’t plead poverty with a bloody Omega on your bloody wrist’ now ring true for most of my possessions as the roof over my head becomes untenable. My letting agents take care to remind me that I am on a rolling contract, and they can ask me to leave at any time, for no reason. I sell my iPhone for less than a quarter of its original price, and put my SIM in this Jurassic Nokia that I found in a drawer from days gone by.

Tomorrow, my small boy will be introduced to the world of pawnbroking,
watching as his mother hands over the TV and the guitar for an insulting price, but something towards bridging the gap between the fear of homelessness, and hanging in for a week or two more. Trying to consolidate arrears, red-topped letters, and bailiffs, with home security, is a day to day grind, stripping back further the things that I can call my own. Questioning how much I need a microwave. How much I need a TV. How much I need to have the fridge turned on at the mains. Not as much as I need a home, and more importantly, not as much as small boy needs a home.

People ask me how I can be so strong. People say to me that they admire my spirit. Days like today, sitting on my sons bed with a friend, numb and staring as I try to work out where the hell to go from here, I don’t feel strong. I don’t feel spirited. I just carry on.

First you turn your heating off. That was in December, it went off at the mains and I parked furniture in front of all the heaters to forget that they were ever there in the first place and alleviate the temptation to turn them on. Then you turn everything off at the wall sockets; nothing on standby, nothing leaking even pennies of electricity to keep the LCD display on the oven. Then you stop getting your hair cut; what used to be a monthly essential is suddenly a gross luxury, so you throw it back in an Alice band and tell your friends that you’re growing it, not that you can’t afford to get it cut. Everyday items are automatically replaced with the white and orange livery of Sainsburys Basics, and everything is cleaned with 24p bleach diluted in spray bottles. You learn to go without things, and to put pride to one side when a friend invites you to the pub and you can’t buy yourself a drink, let alone one for anyone else. There’s a running joke that I owe a very big round when I’m finally successful with a job application, and I know I am lucky to have the friends that I do.

Then you start to take lightbulbs out. If they aren’t there, you can’t turn them on. Hallway, bedroom, small boys bedroom, you deem them unnecessary, and then in a cruel twist of fate, the Eon man rings the doorbell to tell you that you owe £390, and that he’s fitting a key meter, which will make your electricity more expensive to run. So you turn the hot water off. Cold showers were something of the norm in my old flat, where the boiler worked when it wanted to, so you go back to them.

You sell the meagre DVD collection for an even more meagre sum, the netbook, a camera, you wash clothes in basic washing powder that makes your skin itch. You pare back, until you have only two plates, two bowls, two mugs, two glasses, two forks, two knives, two spoons, because everything else feels like an indulgence, and rent arrears don’t wait for indulgence.

In a world where people define other people by their job title (this is Sue, she’s a lawyer, and Marcus, he’s an architect) and by the number plate on the type of cars they drive, and the size of their television and whether it’s 3D or HD or in every room, my world is defined by the love and generosity of my friends, and the contents of my bin shed. You sit on the sofa someone gave you, looking at the piano someone gave you, listening to the radio someone gave you, perched on the chest someone gave you.

Poverty isn’t just having no heating, or not quite enough food, or unplugging your fridge and turning your hot water off. It’s not a tourism trade, it’s not cool, and it’s not something that MPs on a salary of £65k a year plus expenses can understand, let alone our PM who states that we’re all in this together.

Poverty is the sinking feeling when your small boy finishes his one weetabix and says ‘more mummy, bread and jam please mummy’ as you’re wondering whether to take the TV or the guitar to the pawn shop first, and how to tell him that there is no bread or jam.

Bolded in the above are plans for the future, including "tomorrow" with her son which contradict yesterday's claim that Hunger Hurt was an advance (content warning) suicide note as she was going to kill herself that night after sending her son off to his dad's.

Also bolded in the above are the many mentions of her friends, contradicting yesterday's claim that "Hunger Hurts was the pre-emptive obituary of a skin-and-bones hollow-eyed wraith who frequently went a week without seeing nor speaking to another human being out loud. Just typed and tapped and tried and cursed and cried, night after night after night."

Note the constant changing for first to second person, and from past to present to future. This is a sign of dishonesty.

In yesterday's screed, she claims she downed dozens of paracetamol in a cold bath, then woke up freezing the next day. She couldn't afford 16p for more paracetamol, and she was saved by the comments on the Hunger Hurts blog post.

Untreated paracetamol overdose often does not have symptoms for the first 24 hours, or has mild vague symptoms. Then from 24-72 hours later there are progressively worsening symptoms of liver and/or kidney failure. From 3-5 days there are symptoms of massive necrotic liver failure, including sepsis and death.

Fasting and chronic alcohol abuse may decrease the body's ability to deal with paracetamol overdose.

What was our starving Fack doing in the 1-5 days after her alleged paracetamol overdose? What was the mystery of the 24 hours that she can't remember between writing her own obituary and waking up in the bath? Well, she made 3 blog posts, with no mention of hospital.

1st August 2012: Jack blogs asking for volunteers for Shared Interest,

2nd August 2012: Jack blogs seeking volunteers for a friending service for looked-after young people

5th August 2012: "The eternal frustrations of job applications" 05/08/2012 This is the most interesting. Right when Jack ought to have been succumbing to liver failure, she was showing people around her house to buy things, pricing everything else up for her upcoming open house sale, and applying to jobs. She says she has volunteered full time since leaving her pub job (in May 2012), further contradicting her recent claims of being all alone. She talks about the benefits cock ups she suffered due to trying to work. She obviously knows full well that she would be better off on benefits than working, but she still tries anyway, because she doesn't want to be a scummy single mummy benefits scrounger.

Anyway. I think we can safely conclude that she is lying about the events on the 31st July 2012. For victimhood, for attention, and to be considered an authentic and valid poverty expert. I know that regulars of the Jack threads do not like to doubt her more serious claims, but I am going to do it, because there's ample proof it's a lie, and because lying about subjects she knows people can't question is how she gets away with her successful victim-signalling.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 95
This is a comparison between Jack's latest claims of events on and after the 31st July 2012, the day of the famous Hunger Hurts blog.

I didn’t have a plan. Poverty is lonely, and isolating, monotonous and hopeless and grim, so I wrote about it because I’ve always written about things. Its how I process them, and anyway, nobody read my silly little blog so it didn’t matter. I documented the drudgery, the fear, the immobilising helplessness and depression, and I did it because I was planning to kill myself, and as niche and secret as it was, I wanted there to be some kind of record left of this excuse for a life when I was gone.

And so I sat down and I wrote, in the cold and the dark, sipping a cup of hot water with some skanky yellow-sticker shrivelled ginger grated into it to try to ease the hunger pains for long enough that I could trick my exhausted bones into some sleep. Huddling on a mattress on the floor with a toddler, both of us wrapped up in our dressing gowns. My son was going to his fathers house the next day, and I was going to transition gently into whatever awaited me on the other side of a cold bath and dozens of pills. Hunger Hurts was the pre-emptive obituary of a skin-and-bones hollow-eyed wraith who frequently went a week without seeing nor speaking to another human being out loud. Just typed and tapped and tried and cursed and cried, night after night after night.

It didn’t happen that way. I tried. SB went to his Dads, and I ran my bath. I don’t remember much about it – trauma will do that to a person – but I do remember waking up, stark bollock naked, freezing cold, alone, feeling extremely sick, and absolutely disgusted to still be alive. I didn’t have the money for any more packets of 16p paracetamol, nor any booze to wash them down with to finish the job. I just had my wretchedness, my feral existence, and my words.

But something had happened, in the 24 hours between pouring my aching guts out into a rambling blog post, and waking up in that ice-cold bath. Messages from strangers, who reached out and told me their own stories. Some from the distant past. Some very much current. Some people told me it got better. Some people just made me feel less alone. So I wrote back to them. And I carried on writing.

That was on the 31st of July 2012,

(Bolding mine)

Today has seen fourteen job applications go in, painstakingly typed on this Jurassic mobile phone, for care work, shop work, factory work, minimum wage work, any kind of work, because quite simply, this doesn’t work.

For reasons unbeknownst to me, this month my Housing Benefit was over £100 short. I didn’t get a letter that I know of, but I can assume that it’s still the fallout from the cockups made by the various benefit agencies when I briefly went back to work from March to May. Whatever the reason, it’s easy to work out that £670 of rent can’t be paid of £438 of Housing Benefit. So I’m a week in arrears, almost two, as by the time Thursday comes and the next £167.31 is due, there’ll still be nothing coming in. The Income Support went on keeping me afloat, briefly, as did the Child Tax Credit. Now I’m not only in arrears, but last night when I opened my fridge to find some leftover tomato pasta, an onion, and a knob of stem ginger, I gave the pasta to my boy and went to bed hungry with a pot of home made ginger tea to ease the stomach pains.

This morning, small boy had one of the last Weetabix, mashed with water, with a glass of tap water to wash it down with. ‘Where’s Mummys breakfast?’ he asks, big blue eyes and two year old concern. I tell him I’m not hungry, but the rumblings of my stomach call me a liar. But these are the things that we do.

I sit at the breakfast table, pencil and paper in hand, and I start to make a list. Everything that I have was either given to me by benevolent and generous friends, or bought when I earned £27k a year and had that fuzzy memory of disposable income. Much of it has gone already. The Omega Seamaster watch, a 21st birthday present, was the first to go when I left the Fire Service. My words, ‘you can’t plead poverty with a bloody Omega on your bloody wrist’ now ring true for most of my possessions as the roof over my head becomes untenable. My letting agents take care to remind me that I am on a rolling contract, and they can ask me to leave at any time, for no reason. I sell my iPhone for less than a quarter of its original price, and put my SIM in this Jurassic Nokia that I found in a drawer from days gone by.

Tomorrow, my small boy will be introduced to the world of pawnbroking,
watching as his mother hands over the TV and the guitar for an insulting price, but something towards bridging the gap between the fear of homelessness, and hanging in for a week or two more. Trying to consolidate arrears, red-topped letters, and bailiffs, with home security, is a day to day grind, stripping back further the things that I can call my own. Questioning how much I need a microwave. How much I need a TV. How much I need to have the fridge turned on at the mains. Not as much as I need a home, and more importantly, not as much as small boy needs a home.

People ask me how I can be so strong. People say to me that they admire my spirit. Days like today, sitting on my sons bed with a friend, numb and staring as I try to work out where the hell to go from here, I don’t feel strong. I don’t feel spirited. I just carry on.

First you turn your heating off. That was in December, it went off at the mains and I parked furniture in front of all the heaters to forget that they were ever there in the first place and alleviate the temptation to turn them on. Then you turn everything off at the wall sockets; nothing on standby, nothing leaking even pennies of electricity to keep the LCD display on the oven. Then you stop getting your hair cut; what used to be a monthly essential is suddenly a gross luxury, so you throw it back in an Alice band and tell your friends that you’re growing it, not that you can’t afford to get it cut. Everyday items are automatically replaced with the white and orange livery of Sainsburys Basics, and everything is cleaned with 24p bleach diluted in spray bottles. You learn to go without things, and to put pride to one side when a friend invites you to the pub and you can’t buy yourself a drink, let alone one for anyone else. There’s a running joke that I owe a very big round when I’m finally successful with a job application, and I know I am lucky to have the friends that I do.

Then you start to take lightbulbs out. If they aren’t there, you can’t turn them on. Hallway, bedroom, small boys bedroom, you deem them unnecessary, and then in a cruel twist of fate, the Eon man rings the doorbell to tell you that you owe £390, and that he’s fitting a key meter, which will make your electricity more expensive to run. So you turn the hot water off. Cold showers were something of the norm in my old flat, where the boiler worked when it wanted to, so you go back to them.

You sell the meagre DVD collection for an even more meagre sum, the netbook, a camera, you wash clothes in basic washing powder that makes your skin itch. You pare back, until you have only two plates, two bowls, two mugs, two glasses, two forks, two knives, two spoons, because everything else feels like an indulgence, and rent arrears don’t wait for indulgence.

In a world where people define other people by their job title (this is Sue, she’s a lawyer, and Marcus, he’s an architect) and by the number plate on the type of cars they drive, and the size of their television and whether it’s 3D or HD or in every room, my world is defined by the love and generosity of my friends, and the contents of my bin shed. You sit on the sofa someone gave you, looking at the piano someone gave you, listening to the radio someone gave you, perched on the chest someone gave you.

Poverty isn’t just having no heating, or not quite enough food, or unplugging your fridge and turning your hot water off. It’s not a tourism trade, it’s not cool, and it’s not something that MPs on a salary of £65k a year plus expenses can understand, let alone our PM who states that we’re all in this together.

Poverty is the sinking feeling when your small boy finishes his one weetabix and says ‘more mummy, bread and jam please mummy’ as you’re wondering whether to take the TV or the guitar to the pawn shop first, and how to tell him that there is no bread or jam.

Bolded in the above are plans for the future, including "tomorrow" with her son which contradict yesterday's claim that Hunger Hurt was an advance (content warning) suicide note as she was going to kill herself that night after sending her son off to his dad's.

Also bolded in the above are the many mentions of her friends, contradicting yesterday's claim that "Hunger Hurts was the pre-emptive obituary of a skin-and-bones hollow-eyed wraith who frequently went a week without seeing nor speaking to another human being out loud. Just typed and tapped and tried and cursed and cried, night after night after night."

Note the constant changing for first to second person, and from past to present to future. This is a sign of dishonesty.

In yesterday's screed, she claims she downed dozens of paracetamol in a cold bath, then woke up freezing the next day. She couldn't afford 16p for more paracetamol, and she was saved by the comments on the Hunger Hurts blog post.

Untreated paracetamol overdose often does not have symptoms for the first 24 hours, or has mild vague symptoms. Then from 24-72 hours later there are progressively worsening symptoms of liver and/or kidney failure. From 3-5 days there are symptoms of massive necrotic liver failure, including sepsis and death.

Fasting and chronic alcohol abuse may decrease the body's ability to deal with paracetamol overdose.

What was our starving Fack doing in the 1-5 days after her alleged paracetamol overdose? What was the mystery of the 24 hours that she can't remember between writing her own obituary and waking up in the bath? Well, she made 3 blog posts, with no mention of hospital.

1st August 2012: Jack blogs asking for volunteers for Shared Interest,

2nd August 2012: Jack blogs seeking volunteers for a friending service for looked-after young people

5th August 2012: "The eternal frustrations of job applications" 05/08/2012 This is the most interesting. Right when Jack ought to have been succumbing to liver failure, she was showing people around her house to buy things, pricing everything else up for her upcoming open house sale, and applying to jobs. She says she has volunteered full time since leaving her pub job (in May 2012), further contradicting her recent claims of being all alone. She talks about the benefits cock ups she suffered due to trying to work. She obviously knows full well that she would be better off on benefits than working, but she still tries anyway, because she doesn't want to be a scummy single mummy benefits scrounger.

Anyway. I think we can safely conclude that she is lying about the events on the 31st July 2012. For victimhood, for attention, and to be considered an authentic and valid poverty expert. I know that regulars of the Jack threads do not like to doubt her more serious claims, but I am going to do it, because there's ample proof it's a lie, and because lying about subjects she knows people can't question is how she gets away with her successful victim-signalling.
An excellent analysis.

She definitely wasn't a 'skin and bone, hollow eyed wraith' at any point either. The story just gets more and more dramatic and ridiculous with every retelling. My stories stay exactly the same every time because they're true. Boring, but true, and I feel no need to try and make myself seem more interesting by adding extras.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
And she had loving supportive parents (she says now) round the corner. Fair enough choosing that lifestyle if it was just her - but she had a small child and imposed it on him. I will never ever understand that. If I was in the position she says she was, with a hungry cold child, and I knew the answer was to turn to my loving family I would do it in a heartbeat. It is a no brainer. Why does nobody ever ask her about this bit of the poverty? Why isn't she ashamed looking back on it that she should have done things differently? Instead of dwelling on it almost lovingly?
She will never understand true poverty. Where there is no Plan B, in the form of parents who you can turn to when your self indulgence and pride finally gets too much. True poverty means there are no other options.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
After a giant catch up, she’s REALLY slopped stewed steak into my goulash today.

I did “write a thing” like a cold furious alligator in the bath dervish, but I figured less is more, so Jack, applying to everything you wrote all day yesterday write/say ever, INCLUDING your egregious poverty cosplay story

78B440F3-B89C-482C-8C3C-5DB063878CE8.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
No you can work for an employer, such as Tesco and be self employed but you can’t have a limited company and be a sole trader at the same time. Some company directors take a small salary from their company and the rest as dividends. I think that you are confusing the two.
You may not be aware of my body of work Barbara - but I have clients that absolutely do both, they are company directors, take a salary and dividends from that income stream, and also do some consultancy separately as an unincorporated business and include that in self employment section. Same as you can have two jobs. As long as you record everything correctly, and report it all on the right pages, there is nothing wrong with that. Most people don’t do it, because if you have the tax benefits and admin of a company already why would you bother? But if you want or need to keep things separate then you can. What you can’t do is split your income to keep under the vat threshold - but I stay away from VAT.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Well I couldn’t finish the latest version of self-serving, triggering, irrelevant HORSE SHITE!

Her repeated refusal to use trigger warnings is the biggest indicator for me that she thinks there’s no such thing as bad publicity. How is repeatedly talking about her experience of an attempt at suicide doing anything at all to help people currently? She wants the shock factor, wants people to talk about her, if it’s good, bad or indifferent.

I made it as far as her naming two people that she had no business talking about yet was happy revealing details about their circumstances for effect. I hope their families don’t see it.

Every time you think she can’t sink any lower, she outdoes herself. No wonder she’s so cocky though, it doesn’t matter what she says or does there’s an alarming amount of people lapping it up.

A tip that comes to you from a genuine place Jack - your next piece of writing should be your Step 4. You keep bringing up AA and so I’m going to keep talking about it. Do yourself a favour and do the Steps with a sponsor. Let go of the past (I wonder if there’s a long held resentment from 10 years ago - Old Chief because he accepted your resignation? Your folks?) Whatever it is, it’s not healthy and AA gives you the tools to deal with life in life’s terms, a day at a time. Loads of people have to make peace with aspects of their life and by working the Steps, they WANT to put this stuff to bed.

But I can’t lie, I did lol at the thought of her driving trains!! She gets PTSD from watching an episode of Thomas the Tank Engine due to her many, many train incidents
Is any of it against twitter rules? Would they give a monkeys?

Reactions: 12
Jack after coming up with the shite ‘white wing’ insult.

View attachment 1262697
She didn't even come up with it! Someone posted an article here from ages ago using it. But Jack reckons she coined it because she is the cleverest ever.

I have worked on the railway in different capacities for 15 years now, as noted Jack wouldn't pass the medical for driving. Imagine how TIRED she would be after 4 3am shift starts in a row! The railway has a strict drink and drug policy (the legal limit for drink driving is higher than the limit for on shift train crew).

Imagine her trying to communicate effectively as a driver:

Train Jack: Hello, this is the mighty locomotive engineer of 2 Lickspittle 5 9 stood at this impassive beacon burning an angry crimson.

Signaller: Mediscreen required!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.