Jack Monroe #303 The lingering honk of burning martyr..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she didn't 'earn' thirteen grand in a year, that's some serious bleeping creative bookkeeping and weasel words going on. Like charging clothes, sideboards, nearly everything else except about £6.50 a week for her share of the claimed food budget (maybe the £20 a week for 3 people was her trying to evidence that she really didn't need the Ocado order for anything but 'recipe testing'?), expenses, plus paying some hefty dividends.

Mx HMRC will have a blast with that audit.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
I'm outraged that a white middle class woman is telling me that she's outraged about being told stuff by white middle class men. Or something

• Haha
Reactions: 70
I wondered if she was referring to the fact that she may be liable for personal tax returns if she does not put all her jobs through her company. It was her company accounts that were referred to on twitter. No one would know about her personal tax situation.
She can’t be a director of a limited company and registered as self employed at the same time. If she puts all of the income through the company then any profit she takes would be a dividend.
She could be registered as self employed, but when someone asked her why she hadn’t filed the returns she said it was due to autism and ADHD, and it was getting sorted. It seems like she is lying as usual.

Reactions: 61
I'm sorry, there is no WAY she earned under the tax threshold in any year. Grifty witch.
So Jack says they pay themselves £8 per hour at 100 hours a week that’s £800. £800 x 52 is £41,600 per annum. Jack pet, you definitely owe tax. Quite a lot I reckon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
So Jack says they pay themselves £8 per hour at 100 hours a week that’s £800. £800 x 52 is £41,600 per annum. Jack pet, you definitely owe tax. Quite a lot I reckon.
She must be declaring a director only salary which is usually set low enough for tax not to be payable.
But I don't know how the dividends bit works (PAYE payroll frau) - I'm guessing that is where she needs to file her accounts for the years.

Reactions: 33
She can’t be a director of a limited company and registered as self employed at the same time. If she puts all of the income through the company then any profit she takes would be a dividend.
She could be registered as self employed, but when someone asked her why she hadn’t filed the returns she said it was due to autism and ADHD, and it was getting sorted. It seems like she is lying as usual.
You can have employment and self employment income at the same time. Very strange to have it both from the same job but she could have done Del Monte as a self employed consultant and put Linda McCartney through the company. It’s all very tricksy with her - but no way was only one year late and she had earnings higher than 12k all years.

Reactions: 42
just thinking also about the ridonkulous "all Tories are white" comment, which just shows how sheltered this character is, I'm just not sure how she can not know about, say, Tory British Asian voters. If Jack went to the midlands or north or chatted to people who live in London (live in it, not just on a day trip) she would find the real picture of voting choices is so much more complex than this cartoon version, sometimes frustrating, yes, but reflective of a complex diverse country. Voting choices are not based on saying "I choose eeeevul", that is not how voters think! I really REALLY don't want anybody to vote Tory, ever, but at least give the electorateused in the correct sense of people who vote some credit, smh

• Heart
Reactions: 52
You can have employment and self employment income at the same time. Very strange to have it both from the same job but she could have done Del Monte as a self employed consultant and put Linda McCartney through the company. It’s all very tricksy with her - but no way was only one year late and she had earnings higher than 12k all years.
No you can work for an employer, such as Tesco and be self employed but you can’t have a limited company and be a sole trader at the same time. Some company directors take a small salary from their company and the rest as dividends. I think that you are confusing the two.

Reactions: 22
just thinking also about the ridonkulous "all Tories are white" comment, which just shows how sheltered this character is, I'm just not sure how she can not know about, say, Tory British Asian voters. If Jack went to the midlands or north or chatted to people who live in London (live in it, not just on a day trip) she would find the real picture of voting choices is so much more complex than this cartoon version, sometimes frustrating, yes, but reflective of a complex diverse country. Voting choices are not based on saying "I choose eeeevul", that is not how voters think! I really REALLY don't want anybody to vote Tory, ever, but at least give the electorateused in the correct sense of people who vote some credit, smh
They have at least one black MP don’t they?
She’s politically clueless. That’s for sure. On every level. She’s as dense as fog.

Reactions: 20
They have at least one black MP don’t they?
She’s politically clueless. That’s for sure. On every level. She’s as dense as fog.
There are two Black MPs in the Cabinet yeah, James Cleverly and Kwasi Kwarteng.
Not many MPs of colour overall, but the Cabinet has diversified a lot, although Jack Monroe hasn't noticed (BUSY)
eta didn't mean to imply British Asians are the only minority who vote Tory, was just the first group that came to mind

Reactions: 29
I've finally caught up after some grunking, but wow, she really is a nasty little so and so isn't she .

Reactions: 30
Nottonightbabe said:
Shall we have a light palate cleanser? My photo app just gave me this screenshot as an 'on this day' memory 😂
I'm about a million pages behind (of course Jack had to do a chaos on the one day I decided to get some actual work done) but I had to pause reading to comment on this from the last thread. BAKED SOUP?!?!?! WTAF. Until I scrolled down far enough I truly, genuinely thought this was a picture of a lasagne @Nottonightbabe had made and was thinking it looked really tasty in spite of their odd decision to put little piles of spinach all over the top 😂😂😂😂 Frauen, I am deceased.
1652392544218.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Jack making her difficult decision over which way to behave.

View attachment 1262622
I sense a new thread trend.
jack's switch 2.png

Bhggb.png

Yobh.png

There are two Black MPs in the Cabinet yeah, James Cleverly and Kwasi Kwarteng.
Not many MPs of colour overall, but the Cabinet has diversified a lot, although Jack Monroe hasn't noticed (BUSY)
eta didn't mean to imply British Asians are the only minority who vote Tory, was just the first group that came to mind
I have to ask but do the current tories have the most diverse cabinet in British history? More diverse than the Blair one? And the only two female PMs in British history has always shocked me that labour never achieved that.

Re Jack's essay, I got halfway and decided I couldn't cope with the word vomit tonight. Gtf Jack, you write shite and yer da sells Avon fire hoses.

Also much love to the train Fraus and Herrs, my brother witnessed it as a passenger, it must be so much worse as a driver. You are brave and wonderful people ❤

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Finally grunked to the present (there goes my early night) and you’ve all said everything about that triggery wordsalady pile o’shite but I cannot let this one pass…

F98C8C98-7964-4894-9857-E355B8868E80.jpeg

Garrulous? GARRULOUS? PENNIES DON’T TALK JACK. And usually with her bizarre malopropisms you can take a guess at what word she was wildly swinging for and missing but I got nothing for this one. Any ideas?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.