Jack Monroe #302 What in the westborough baptist church is that hair scarf?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dunno, that’d be quite the undertaking, Cap. I’m not sure any one person would be able to commit to it - perhaps a group effort?
I have uploaded a few piccies of mackie, looking very different, to the media section, so if anybody has the skills to produce a mugshot sheet

• Haha
Reactions: 18
The article above is like Jack's greatest hits...

Suddenly I feel like I’ve got the balance right, although some would argue that working 90 hours a week isn’t balance.

One year I did a gorgonzola ice cream with a black olive crumble

I just wish everyone who voted Leave could spend a month living off apples, spuds and chlorinated chicken, and see how fun it
YOU SPOILED YOUR BALLOT YOU ABSOLUTE FUCKWIT

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
i’ve just caught up and…wtaf. This is surely a sign that the publishers have all but given up on the book of slop and want to get it over and done with as quickly as possible…with or without the Utah mormon polygamous housewife aesthetic

i am sooooo happy this look is being immortalised in print though 🥲

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Another vote for Marcus from me. I also put in Miguel Barclay for best social media.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
She better not even think of accepting comps to watch Liverpool. There are people out there who can’t afford to watch football and she can. She makes me sick actually.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Just looked at the voting categories and if only Charlie Bigham was sponsoring the food hero category, I'd almost want her to win it! (but not really, I couldn't stomach her nauseating smugness at winning) Saying that, M&S are sponsoring it, so FANCY
M&S are trying to get up in Jack's niche with a £25 weekly shop* campaign on Instagram, I'm sure she'll have something to say about that soon!

*As much as I love M&S I'm not you could really consider it a weekly shop. Even with a store cupboard/freezer full like Jacksie you'd struggle to make many meals - seems more like an advert for lower priced every day essentials type products (avocado included)

Reactions: 34
From the other side of the divide, agreed.

Praise beans, there's no Old Firm when she's up because I don't think I could cope with her opining on it all. Ditto I hope she's gone away by the weekend so we don't get her opinions on any of the Orange marches.
Everyone, I've read "Trinity" by Leon Uris more than twice, so I'm literally the expert on Orange marches. Hit me up if you need me to explain

• Haha
Reactions: 29
M&S are trying to get up in Jack's niche with a £25 weekly shop* campaign on Instagram, I'm sure she'll have something to say about that soon!

*As much as I love M&S I'm not you could really consider it a weekly shop. Even with a store cupboard/freezer full like Jacksie you'd struggle to make many meals - seems more like an advert for lower priced every day essentials type products (avocado included)
Tbf I got fill your fridge for £5 on Ocado with the M&S stuff included and it was great value! Used across 6 different meals

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Thought I'd share my completely serious nominations.

Screenshot_20220511-132057_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220511-132103_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220511-132119_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220511-132127_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220511-132003_Samsung Internet.jpg

JM sounds mega posh there.
That can't be right, Jack Monroe is working class and has been poor for over a decade and invented ration books. She is an institution.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
They were such a weird pairing, it's actually uncomfortable watching them, I don't think I could bear to watch the longer version.

I also voted Marcus, and TD for the best at Twitter. And Lisa Goodwin Allen for best food personality. A bird! In traaazers! With a 'common' accent! And short hair! who's actually a really talented and likeable chef.

ETA: And I couldn't resist adding a 'don't you dare let bloody Jack win' rant sorry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I'm so excited you asked! Enjoy
The thing that gives me the rage with this every time I see it is the fake posh timid voice ‘I don’t even know if you like cah-bun-ahra’🫤

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.