Jack Monroe #302 What in the westborough baptist church is that hair scarf?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All this football chat reminds me of my dear gran who supported a certain team that she had never watched either in person or on tv as it made her too nervous and she thought she might jinx the players. She read about every match she could in the paper, which wasn’t much as it was a small town and occasionally listened on the radio if she was feeling brave.

Maybe Jack has taken the same approach?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
I listened to Kitchen Cabinet on Radio 4 yesterday (hosted by Jack's chum Jay Rayner) and Angela Hartnett said the good thing about chefs was 'they always have each other's backs'. It made me think I can't remember other chefs/food writers slagging each other or their food. I know their have been rumoured fallings out (That Man and Gordon Ramsey I think) but nothing public.
I can only imagine Jack's lack of professionalism with her criticising Jamie and other's food does not go down well amongst actual chefs.
She probably thinks this makes her a bit of an outspoken renegade 🙄, instead of just being downright jealous and spiteful.
Yeah I think this probably worked against her on DKL, some of the guest chefs looked openly contemptuous of her at times. I guess it’s different if you’re arrogant and divisive and produce great food and are generally a genius chef, but it must be doubly galling when one of your so called peers is rude, spiteful, divisive and then when finally called upon to put their money where their mouth is produces horse spunk lasagna

ETA that video is so incredibly cringe and Allegra looks very embarrassed to be there. Jack’s general vibe is one of posh private educated first year student talking about high jinks on their gap yah.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I am going to have nightmares.

Fisty Jack is somehow worse than "I can't wait to wife you right up" Jack

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
It’s in massive decline this century, yet pre-pandemic there was a bit of a resurgence which seemed to involve a march through town on a Saturday evening, past all the Irish pubs funny enough. And I think they still go to Southport the Wednesday after and get shitfaced.

ETA- Lpool/Everton is a friendly rivalry nothing like the Glasgow teams, they don’t have the same religious allegiances also Scousers prefer a scouser over a Wool/Manc/Southerner any day of the week, so they always get along on some level. I don’t know any families that are all red/all blue.
I don’t know any other match going Evertonian who doesn’t hate Liverpool and their fans with every fibre of their being and massively prefers wools/mancs/southerners. It’s not the same as Glasgow because there isn’t a religious element but the hatred is absolutely real.

• Wow
Reactions: 12

At least we now know the cause of the
unruly labia

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
I've just ventured on to the hellsite bird app and realised one of the squigs taking the piss out of her ridiculous Liverpool post is someone I've followed for years and sort of know and that cheered me up.

Over the last weekend, I had two completely separate arguments about Jack. Both started off on the exact same premise, they unprovoked uttered the good she is doing with her 'feed the poor slop for £20'. One was with my (not evil) landlord and the other with one of my best friends and her boyfriend. I got very animated but managed to convert my friend with the reveal that she's not paid her taxes, and then got into the grifting. My landlord is ironically a massive leftie and a professional argumentative bastard and twitter shitposter (his words) so he just evaded the comments and moved the discussion onto something else but I like to think I made my point

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Jack has got a cheek. Private rents are extortionate are they Jack? Well have a word with your landlord dad and see if he is willing to accept below market rent for his properties.
...and risk reducing her inheritance? Oh no, the government should just continue to shovel housing benefit into Big Dave's pockets.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 39

Why you pissed?
Too much fist 👊🏻

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
Oh bloody hell they've set her off now haven't they? She'll be writing furious articles by the end of the day 🙄
Has Lee Anderson ever used a Metro and a sports sock as a sanitary towel? Has he even howled and clawed a threadbare carpet in a rented hovel hoping he'll find a few crumbs to eat? I challenge him to live in a tower block with a broken lift and a budget of 10p a day for food whilst I watch and mark him out of ten for budgeting ability.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.