Jack Monroe #302 What in the westborough baptist church is that hair scarf?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's won the OFM Award that is a public vote before I think. Maybe even the one where she wore that garish yellow suit she later dyed brown? She's a sly dog retweeting that. I've just voted for Marcus Rashford ❤

Mom and luvvie pic ⬇

6720.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
God I’d never thought about it like that. That must have caused friction if they’re catholic. Going to assume they aren’t. My friends partner comes from N.I and his parents had a short lived mixed marriage (Catholic&Prot) and his life story is bleeping heart breaking. So many here have no bleeping clue about what is was like and easily could be again.
Maybe it’s the one thing she’s sensible about.
Ehhh think it’s safe to assume they are not Catholic

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I’ve lived in Liverpool for a number of years now and never once seen this. I thought I’d escaped this when I left Glasgow 🫣
An ex-colleague posted on Facebook when BLM was given lots of publicity, saying along the lines of ‘slave trading happened more than 300 years ago, can we just move on’
I politely reminded her that the Battle Of The Boyne happened in 1690 yet she still goes out marching about it every year.
she didn’t respond.
Oh I don't think it's anything like in Glasgow. I'm not a football Frau but I used to feel like it was a friendlier rivalry than most, know a few families that are half red half blue, but it seems to have got a bit more serious in the last five years or so. But that might just be my wrong perception.
I sometimes wonder why, given her background, Jack opines about everything except NI stuff. I can't decide if it's because she's cunning enough to realise that you really, really don't want to kick that particular hornet's nest, or if she's just far too thick to understand it.
Despite all her going on about being part Irish, I expect she's one of those English people who forgets Northern Ireland is a country.
I've been biting my tongue about this til now but the football team chat is making me think about it. I used to have BPD (not anymore, after years of unsuccessful counselling it decided one day to duck off of its own accord - not sure that's supposed to happen but it's coming up on three years now, so 🤷‍♀️) and like someone else said on a previous thread I find Jack fascinating because so many of her behaviours remind me of my own.

Not having a strong sense of your own identity and trying to steal bits of other people's, but being completely unconvincing because you're not really committed to them like an authentic person would be. Getting way too attached to people way too quickly and a total inability to be happy alone. Scary random outbursts of uncontrollable rage, followed by shame and attempts to backtrack. Making yourself into a victim to try and guilt trip whoever triggered your anger. Trying to present more masculine because you're ashamed of your out of control emotions and having them is seen as a stereotypically female trait. Even trying to diagnose yourself with all sorts of other issues that might explain your behaviour but are seen as less shameful than BPD - I'd have found it much easier to tell people that I was an alcoholic than "actually I'm just an emotionally unstable, chronically needy person who's entirely reliant on others for my sense of self, thanks for asking".

In my case I was extremely lucky that none of this ever happened publicly and even most of my best friends never saw the worst of it. I only told one person about it IRL and it wasn't until after we'd been very close friends for over five years. But I can easily see how if you had a public platform it would be really hard to stop it spilling over.

I'm not trying to diagnose her based on tweets or anything because obviously that's not how it works, and also there are many other conditions that can be mistaken for BPD, notably autism in women. So it's entirely possible that she shows similar traits for a different reason. I just find it striking how strong the similarities are.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
The article above is like Jack's greatest hits...

Suddenly I feel like I’ve got the balance right, although some would argue that working 90 hours a week isn’t balance.

One year I did a gorgonzola ice cream with a black olive crumble

I just wish everyone who voted Leave could spend a month living off apples, spuds and chlorinated chicken, and see how fun it

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I want to vote for Marcus too but is the voting format the form where you have to put your favourite eateries? I've not eaten out for years so can't put anything for those sections.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’ve lived in Liverpool for a number of years now and never once seen this. I thought I’d escaped this when I left Glasgow 🫣
An ex-colleague posted on Facebook when BLM was given lots of publicity, saying along the lines of ‘slave trading happened more than 300 years ago, can we just move on’
I politely reminded her that the Battle Of The Boyne happened in 1690 yet she still goes out marching about it every year.
she didn’t respond.
It’s in massive decline this century, yet pre-pandemic there was a bit of a resurgence which seemed to involve a march through town on a Saturday evening, past all the Irish pubs funny enough. And I think they still go to Southport the Wednesday after and get shitfaced.

ETA- Lpool/Everton is a friendly rivalry nothing like the Glasgow teams, they don’t have the same religious allegiances also Scousers prefer a scouser over a Wool/Manc/Southerner any day of the week, so they always get along on some level. I don’t know any families that are all red/all blue.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I just dipped back into looking at Jack's TL (BUSY) and literally cannot help reading her before and after photos as "given up burglary career to become a mumfluencer"

• Haha
Reactions: 49
we really need to get voting in the Food Hero category.
Just looked at the voting categories and if only Charlie Bigham was sponsoring the food hero category, I'd almost want her to win it! (but not really, I couldn't stomach her nauseating smugness at winning) Saying that, M&S are sponsoring it, so FANCY

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I had very expensive lace front wigs when my hair was falling out. I went to black hairdressers (I’m not black, but a close friend is and said they’re the experts on putting them on properly - friend has always had epic locks and never wore wigs) to be taught how to look after it, put it on, style of etc.

I’ve also had extensions before - proper, really expensive ones, well over a decade ago, before I was aware of how gross that industry is. Again, when done properly it’s difficult to even tell that they’re in. They sure as tit wouldn’t put ones that long in such short hair. Shoulder length at best.

All this chopping and changing - especially when it coincides with relationships - screams Narc - they are empty shells who absorb the personality/wants of their current target in order to love bomb and future fake the duck out of them.

Reactions: 29
I sometimes wonder why, given her background, Jack opines about everything except NI stuff. I can't decide if it's because she's cunning enough to realise that you really, really don't want to kick that particular hornet's nest, or if she's just far too thick to understand it.
Being too thick to understand things doesn't normally hold her back. It's fear.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Only name email and first three letters of postcode which you could probably lie about 🤣
I voted Marcus and I did make a comment about how genuine he is compared to other self serving people in the food world . Also I’m moving house so I don’t care about the postcode . Also I put my husbands details in and not mine 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.