Jack Monroe #30 Heroic Jack back to save the day, what shall we eat with our venison paté?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just wish someone in her circle that she respects enough not to throw into the fire could just help her.
And therein lies the problem...she has no one she respects. Pure and simple (duck, now I've got Hear@Say with me all day).

The problem with the morally outraged these days is that instead of fighting for rights or law changes, they are fighting for a world where everyone is a) nice to them and b) agrees with them.

Shockingly you can't make people agree with you, hence why JM gets so offended when people don't like her and make comments on their social media accounts that she doesn't like. This happens to ALL celebs.
This happens to all people. We all have to deal with people that don't agree with us, every day of our lives. We just put forward our opinions and that is how discussions and debate happen. Sometimes you win people over, sometimes you don't. You don't flounce away from your friends because they disagree with you sometimes Though perhaps Jack surrounds herself with "Yes" people, she certainly does on SM.

As for those that don't like us, we steer clear, rather than causing arguments. I don't generally like people that are hostile towards me, and I give little thought to them. Life is too short to argue with someone who doesn't like you, or even try to make them like you (which you never will). You wouldn't do it in real life, why do it on SM. Why waste your energy on them, I'd rather spend it with people that I like and like me in return.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I’d make a ratatouille with it.

If Jack doesn’t like being famous, how did she bag her last two fiancées?

By being famous. She met Allegra through twitter as well.

She is of course talking horse manure.

Being famous sells her books. Being famous gets her on the telly. Being famous got her her guardian column.

Being famous makes her enough dosh to rent a crappy bungalow.

She is one ungrateful bint. It’s people like me who backed her kickstarter when I had hardly any spare cash.

As others have said tonight. She doesn’t have to be in your face famous. There are other cooks who make a decent living that people hardly hear of.

Get. Your. Staff. To. Take. Over. Your. Social. Media.

Give them the passwords. Step back for a few months. Or alternatively. De activate your twitter. It really is not worth the flounce off no I’m ok really merry go round.
Especially with all her constant messaging to blue tickers, she is so fame hungry it’s ridiculous

• Heart
Reactions: 8
A group of academics have begun to tackle the poor nutritional content of children’s food parcels by directly contracting the Government and Public Health England, and this is being picked up by the press

This is noticeably more than Jack has done since jumping on the bandwagon and oriented towards the people responsible taking action rather than the ego trip of her attempting to ‘help’ which I don’t think we’ve since any actual evidence of yet?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
This is noticeably more than Jack has done since jumping on the bandwagon and oriented towards the people responsible taking action rather than the ego trip of her attempting to ‘help’ which I don’t think we’ve since any actual evidence of yet?
She’s BUSY slaying dragons behind the scenes

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
She’s also really taking her time coming up with those school lunch ideas.

She’s an out of service outrage bus hurtling through station after station but never arriving at a destination. She spent an entire day moaning about other peoples’ efforts for school meal packs, could’ve even done a pic collage of what she’d deem worthy (before she uses an excuse about going out in to the wilds of Southend), but no, deflect and distract.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
She’s an out of service outrage bus hurtling through station after station but never arriving at a destination. She spent an entire day moaning about other peoples’ efforts for school meal packs, could’ve even done a pic collage of what she’d deem worthy (before she uses an excuse about going out in to the wilds of Southend), but no, deflect and distract.
Some iteration of this should be the next title 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I really wish LimeGoss would do another follow up article on her, calling out all the bullshit.

Let it storm its way across Twitter, into her cabal of followers and watch her retreat quietly and come off Twitter for a while. It’s the only way folks.
There is enough in these threads for an expose book, never mind an article!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I always remember in Gangs of New York film bill the butcher saying when you point your finger at someone three more are pointing back at you. I find this true towards jack. She points her finger at all the online trolls calling them various names and insinuating they are this and that, doesn't she realise that by doing these things she is in fact making herself out to be horrid and nasty especially when the people in question are basically questioning something she has said or done. I do not condone bullying and she should not be subjected to it but she should also ensure she is not nasty to propel just because they don't like or agree with her methods of work. Also the very fact she said people who are my real friends in front of people who show her nothing but adoration is a show she doesn't seem to really care for them. I'd be so upset if my idol sat in front of me and basically said shes not as important as my "real friends" ok I get it they dont hang out with her at the groucho but they stick up for her and have her back, pick her up whens she's down, puts up with her tit unquestionably. To me that's what real friends do.

Reactions: 15
And therein lies the problem...she has no one she respects. Pure and simple (duck, now I've got Hear@Say with me all day).

This happens to all people. We all have to deal with people that don't agree with us, every day of our lives. We just put forward our opinions and that is how discussions and debate happen. Sometimes you win people over, sometimes you don't. You don't flounce away from your friends because they disagree with you sometimes Though perhaps Jack surrounds herself with "Yes" people, she certainly does on SM.

As for those that don't like us, we steer clear, rather than causing arguments. I don't generally like people that are hostile towards me, and I give little thought to them. Life is too short to argue with someone who doesn't like you, or even try to make them like you (which you never will). You wouldn't do it in real life, why do it on SM. Why waste your energy on them, I'd rather spend it with people that I like and like me in return.
she surrounds herself with ‘yes, absolutely’ people. Sorry, couldn’t resist. 😝

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.