Jack Monroe #3 I got ninety nine problems, but a future TV career ain't one

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yet again she has shot herself in the foot. She invited the comparisons with Jamie and is suffering because of it.
I watched him tonight and he is so reassuring, whereas she is the opposite. So many things he cooks are inspirational and look lovely. He also doesn't patronise his audience by telling them 'use this - it's cheap', he trusts them to make substitutes according to their budget and what they have available.
I have no sympathy at all for Jack. She actively tried to derail his programme but he rose above it with bells on. Still amazed at her nerve for comparing herself to him in the first place.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I didn't ever see her on This Morning, was she as awkward and awful on there??
Yes. It's all so forced, her cheeriness, what she says, how she stands. Makes you realise how good decent presenters are.

Reactions: 7
This programme has painfully illustrated her limitations as a presenter and a cook. And she brought it all upon herself.

Reactions: 9
A big favourite in this house is a Jamie recipe. Minced beef Wellington.

One ready rolled sheet of puff pastry (too lazy to make my own or roll out a block apparently 😂) .

Chop carrot. Onion, garlic clove and potato into small pieces and pan fry until softened, add 500g minced beef and cook through, add salt, pepper and an oxo. Add frozen peas too if you wish 😁

lay out pastry sheet, spoon mixture on (as much as it will take anyway) then fold the puff pastry over to make a pasty. Brush with an egg.

bake for 20mins or so and if there is mixture left over keep simmering it to ensure all the potato and carrot is cooked through.

Slice up and enjoy

Never any leftovers so perhaps not that cheap in the end....I blame the teenager.
Omg that was one of my favourite dishes when I ate meat. I worked my way through Ministry of Food when I got my first flat and that's in there I think.

Reactions: 2
Can someone important please start a new thread? I have "insufficient privileges" :( (unlike grifter Jack)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes. It's all so forced, her cheeriness, what she says, how she stands. Makes you realise how good decent presenters are.
This! Good presenters make it look so natural and easy. Then situations like this make you realise there really is a skill to it.

Reactions: 2
Jittering Jack, her passive aggressive lemon, knew her presenting was a disaster waiting to happen!

Or 3 freezers and a passive aggressive lemon

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
God .... watching today’s car crash .... he’s definitely been told to play nice but my toes are firmly curled ....

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Tech problems and lemongate
Granted I have not seen today's episode but she did not appear comfortable or confident in the other two
she absolutely is not either of those two things, she looks like someone who’s walked into the wrong lecture class and is suddenly sitting an exam in a subject she’s never learned!

the freezer tip of get three and use them just illustrated how incompetent she is - bbc must be regretting listening to the twitter gobshites

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.