Jack Monroe #3 I got ninety nine problems, but a future TV career ain't one

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I will never get over how amateurish that pre-recorded piece was. Let’s never forget the jaunty right angle elbow move! I thought she was about to break into a strange Cockney-inspired dance! Totally did me in!! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
"I doubt Jamie was any good in the beginning". You either have it or you don't
He was though and did have ‘it’ hence why he’s had such longevity in his career.

I’m glad the Kickstarter has been raised. I remember it, thought it was proper shady at the time.

Reactions: 10
I will never get over how amateurish that pre-recorded piece was. Let’s never forget the jaunty right angle elbow move! I thought she was about to break into a strange Cockney-inspired dance! Totally did me in!! 🤣🤣🤣
It was almost worse ( if poss) than the live version!

He was though and did have ‘it’ hence why he’s had such longevity in his career.

I’m glad the Kickstarter has been raised. I remember it, thought it was proper shady at the time.
Exactly! He uses the word pukka Less but watching him now his style is the same as his first series

Reactions: 4
Totally agree, I was referring to the tweet defending Jack that said "I doubt Jamie was any good at the beginning". Jack doesn't have it, that's for sure!

Reactions: 7
Totally agree, I was referring to the tweet defending Jack that said "I doubt Jamie was any good at the beginning". Jack doesn't have it, that's for sure!
But also what a ridiculous thing to say about anyone doing any job much less one that’s so visible!

If I hired someone (ignoring fresh grads and juniors) into my team at work and they were missing the mark this significantly I wouldn’t say oh we all struggle to begin with~ I’d be genuinely very concerned that they lacked the core skillset required? There’s a degree of learning/teething pain (like her tech, tbf) on any job but you can’t just give someone a job in the hope they catch up eventually?? Do these people not work in the real world...?

Reactions: 17
I remember it too, reading all the angry comments with 🍿

Then she made the page private so only backers could read the comments (or maybe it was her comments or new comments - either way she was trying to hide what a mess it had turned into).

Reactions: 6
Ooh where do you shop? Where I am big standard honey is much cheaper than maple syrup and I love the stuff and am so envious of my American friends who buy massive jugs from people who tap the trees themselves.
Just Tesco, bog standard maple syrup £2.00 a bottle, bog standard Rowse honey £2.20 a bottle. If I'm buying honey I buy it from a local farm at £5.00 a jar. Local pollen etc.

Reactions: 2
That chicken salad looked amazing. And the warmth and the way he interacted with his family, world's apart from That Woman.

Reactions: 12
I've never realised just how good Jamie was. His recipes are varied, relevant (including the well chosen ones from his archive) and achievable. He's very encouraging and enthusiastic and helpful with his suggestions for substitutions, and his interactions/relationships with his family seem very genuine and sweet. I should think he'd inspire anyone who's getting into a bit of a rut with family cooking right now. He's a TV natural.

And Jack Monroe? Not.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I've never realised just how good Jamie was. His recipes are varied, relevant (including the well chosen ones from his archive) and achievable. He's very encouraging and enthusiastic and helpful with his suggestions for substitutions, and his interactions/relationships with his family seem very genuine and sweet. I should think he'd inspire anyone who's getting into a bit of a rut with family cooking right now. He's a TV natural.

And Jack Monroe? Not.
We probably took Jamie for granted until we saw the alternative.....

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It’s obvious some strings where pulled at the BBC for the gig because no serious broadcaster would allow someone who is so unqualified and amateurish to do live TV every day with little to no experience and a reputation like hers, If so it’s completely irresponsible.

Reactions: 10
I know it’s not the same thing but Come Dine With Me has been on the go for years and most of the people on that look more natural on camera than JM (even in her pre-recorded bit)

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.