Jack Monroe #3 I got ninety nine problems, but a future TV career ain't one

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly, in live TV or radio you have to think on your feet and so much "brain power" will be used up just trying to understand her. She's supposed to be a co presenter but her setup and internet is awful so it reflects badly on his ability.

I keep saying it but the fact her webcam isn't even widescreen shows how ancient it is. Can't someone just buy jack a £79 facebook portal and the sound and video quality will be infinitely better.
Someone should tweet her saying since Louisa is causing you to have all these issues in her "excitement" for 'your' show, she should treat you to some new and up to date equipment like a Facebook portal, by way of apology, you know since she ain't short of a bob or 250k 🤣

Reactions: 11
Lol as if she’s reported the tweet saying “that she wasn’t that concerned when setting her army on Jamie Oliver”. Why are Twitter even deleting these tweets? They’re factual.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Lol as if she’s reported the tweet saying “that she wasn’t that concerned when setting her army on Jamie Oliver”. Why are Twitter even deleting these tweets? They’re factual.
She reported it? Ffs, so she can dish out bully behaviour but she can't take it? Well she needs to get off her soap box and get in the bleeping bin. If you can't take it, you need to shut your mouth but the fact is, it's not bullying when it's factual 🤷🏻‍♀️

Just catching up on JO show as not watched last week's episodes and his show is hands down a million miles better, it's so funny with the kids popping in, loved the episode where he made petals birthday cake and the youngest was desperate to get the chocolate 😂 I was like that'd be me too kid 😂 not scripted just at home, so refreshing, I'm really enjoying it, I loved Jo back in his naked chef days, this isn't the same but kind of reminiscent.

The BBC could easily just pre record Jack's segment on the show and it be like Jo, her at home cooking giving tips etc, she's so keen to be like Jamie, so why not do it like him, 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I doubt an actual human is looking at them, maybe as Jack is a blue ticker her reporting any posts automatically get's them zapped?

Reactions: 6
BIB - from what I've heard, the pub his parents ran was frequented by a lot of BBC producer/exec types, and that's how he got his break in telly. I don't know how much of this is true, mind - this is all just stuff I've heard.
I know several people have already refuted this, but I also can’t imagine why a country pub in deepest Essex would be frequented by a bunch of TV execs.

• Haha
I know several people have already refuted this, but I also can’t imagine why a country pub in deepest Essex would be frequented by a bunch of TV execs.
Perhaps they happened to live in deepest Essex? Just a thought. It's not unheard of for Londoners to commute from those parts.

Reactions: 2
Art & Floss who posted the tweet that JM says was rude has made her account private. Jack must have got her followers to go after the poor woman

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Nah, I don’t buy it. We all know Jamie’s origin story. He was filmed for a show about the River Cafe (I’ve seen the clip) and The Naked Chef was borne from that.

Reactions: 9
As a trivial aside I've got that Marguerite Patten book, Step-by -Step, and I'm not sure why she calls it an 'old wartime book' as it was published in 1963.

Thanks for the clips and commentary btw! Sounds worse than yesterday if that is possible. I'll watch later. Fascinated to see if she maintains that awkward rictus grin throughout the programme 😁.

Reactions: 13
Thanks for the clips and commentary btw! Sounds worse than yesterday if that is possible. I'll watch later. Fascinated to see if she maintains that awkward rictus grin throughout the programme 😁.
She does indeed (for the brief time she’s on), complete with jazz hands and step-aerobics-shuffling.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Love him or loathe him, Jamie is exceptionally good at what he does. Not everyone can be a natural on camera, you either have it or you don't. And Jack certainly doesn't have it

Reactions: 24
I think the coconut milk tip is tit, and that's the closest thing we've had to advise from Jack over two episodes.

Watered down coconut milk won't have the same consistency as light coconut milk. It's fine for a curry but not all recipes. But if you're adding to a curry it's obvious to just use less coconut milk and top up with water.

Reactions: 21
That clip of Matt muttering "terrible" under his breath is bleeping hilarious. Someone cleverer than me make it into a meme please!

Also is "Mrs J" really on £250k? 😲

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
That was gold!

I personally find Matt a bit much with his put downs but I can totally understand he’s in a crappy position. I get the feeling I wouldn’t like him in anything he did.

Jack was just a train wreck. What happened to looking at Twitter for questions? Did that happen?

Reactions: 5
See that she has referred to Mrs J as her wife. I don’t think they are married, yet. Surely she would have sold her wedding to Hello or OK?

• Haha

I watched this and thought it was awful - so why is she on the BBC?? Cant just have been because of her Pile on Jamie Oliver?
Sorry if already mentioned x
Confused as to why two out of three recipes contain meat when they’re from her Vegan(ish) book? The article states that multiple times. Is it just bad Daily Mail journalism or did she really include meat based recipes in a vegan cookbook?!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.