Jack Monroe #3 I got ninety nine problems, but a future TV career ain't one

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does she definitely have RA? She posted a photo of her arthritic hand and I couldn't see any noticeable joint deformities. My daughter had juvenile idiopathic arthritis, in her early teens, and had really bad hand and feet deformities. Fortunately, intensive treatment with Humira got her into clinical remission, and she is now well and symptom-free and her joint deformities have resolved. I hope Jack isn't exaggerating about such a debilitating and potentially disabling condition.
Juvenile arthritis is so hard for child and parents, so glad your DD is doing much better now <3 <3. Jack has had a veritable laundry list of health problems, so who knows. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on this one, but......., ya know...... she's well flaky.

(Tempted to post my gross, knobbly fingers, but don't want to put people off their lockdown supper!)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'd love to live in a "crappy" bungalow with stairs and more than one bathroom! I mean it may not be luxury but it's deffo not crappy.

Do I have to leave the thread if I confess to liking chickpeas...?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
What did she say, I genuinely couldn't make out anything for the whole show?
Matt asked her while his was cooking and waiting for his to thicken I guess, if you would eat it with a fork or a spoon and she said, something along the lines of, oh probably a spork, it's neither forkable nor spoonable.... Well how the duck do you eat it then Jack? Much like everything else, you don't provide a recipe and now you don't provide how I should eat it 🤦🏻‍♀️😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
What did she say, I genuinely couldn't make out anything for the whole show?
She was garbling incoherently in answer to Matt's question about whether he should eat the chickpea/bread/spinach concoction with a spoon or a fork (neither!) and then came up with sporkable, it was a truly awful moment.

• Haha
Possibly being v nitpicky but "Mrs J" really makes me cringe. I would hate being referred to like that on a public platform, especially as they are so well known - at least use her own initial?

• Haha
Did matt try the slop that can only be eaten with a spork? Did he say anything complimentary?!

As I don't have a spork, unfortunately I will not be able to make that slop. Oh no. How will I cope.

• Haha
She was garbling incoherently in answer to Matt's question about whether he should eat the chickpea/bread/spinach concoction with a spoon or a fork (neither!) and then came up with sporkable, it was a truly awful moment.
Matt asked her while his was cooking and waiting for his to thicken I guess, if you would eat it with a fork or a spoon and she said, something along the lines of, oh probably a spork, it's neither forkable nor spoonable.... Well how the duck do you eat it then Jack? Much like everything else, you don't provide a recipe and now you don't provide how I should eat it 🤦🏻‍♀️😂😂
"a truly awful moment" loool.

The tragic thing about lockdown is I'm genuinely excited for 10am tomorrow, I don't even think I'm hate watching her. I didn't particularly take to this Matt, his recipe was both boring and a bit too much to bother with, and obviously we all continue to be baffled by her, but the show was without a doubt a bleeping disaster? I've never seen such bad TV. The co hosting thing just cannot work with one remote & on a slight time lag, they need better tech & to either make it split screen or like when John Snow is interviewing someone on the news and he's sat in front of the duck off massive screen with them on it so you can see the back/forth a bit better?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It does seem like she won’t ever be going into the studio. Surprised they didn’t make provisions for that in advance.

Reactions: 6
Did matt try the slop that can only be eaten with a spork? Did he say anything complimentary?!

As I don't have a spork, unfortunately I will not be able to make that slop. Oh no. How will I cope.
He did have a little try of it, not very much, but I don't recall him actually commenting on it, but I did mute it several times when it panned back to Jack 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So she's said about how she's made a studio in her house ready for tomorrow. But i thought that was too hard to do for youtube let alone actual TV!!

• Haha
So she's said about how she's made a studio in her house ready for tomorrow. But i thought that was too hard to do for youtube let alone actual TV!!
I imagine after the state of today the BBC have sent some pro equipment and talked her through how to set up something more sophisticated.

Reactions: 4
I imagine after the state of today the BBC have sent some pro equipment and talked her through how to set up something more sophisticated.
You can have all the sophisticated broadcasting equipment you like, but when you can’t answer a question of if it’s a fork or spoon without giggling and making up random words - or trying to argue with the main host about the merits of an actual lemon full of vitamins with some dodgy bottle crap, you’re never going to be a presenter or tv personality.

And this my friends, is why “that man” got a tv show and she didn’t until her keyboard warriors protested.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.