Jack Monroe #3 I got ninety nine problems, but a future TV career ain't one

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No matter what equipment they've sent my bet is that she will mess it up somehow. Don't think I've ever seen such a manic performance, feel sorry for Matt, he must be dreading tomorrow morning. Wonder who she'll make snide digs at tomorrow? Have to admit I'm looking forward to it, car crash tv at its best!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I've just tried to watch it on the BBC iPlayer.... both times the programmes has frozen as she's been introduced..... is that the universe telling me to just not bother 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My favourite (I mean that in the loosest sense of the word...) bit was when the ever-patient Matt asked her how long her dish should simmer for and she said something like, “well mine has been simmering since rehearsals....” come on, at least try and ad lib a bit and pretend you’re a professional in your field

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Every time he cut to her she would make an awkward ‘joke’. It was bizarre. Why not just answer the question and tell the audience some remotely helpful information? And then once she seemed to realise her quip hadn’t worked and laughing on her lonesome wasn’t a good look she then rushed out an actual answer so fast that no one could make out what she was even saying. You could almost hear Matt thinking “what the duck is she playing at”. Very frustrating.

A lot of what she said revealed how she makes everything about her. I would eat this with a spork. My dish has been simmering for hours. I haven’t had breakfast. She seemed weirdly not willing to centre the audience.

And for someone who has made a career out of ‘the basics’ in the kitchen, the spork thing was particularly weird. Imagine if Jamie mentioned sporks - something genuinely obscure - in his show? It would be ‘guffawing over capers’ times ten.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Every time he cut to her she would make an awkward ‘joke’. It was bizarre. Why not just answer the question and tell the audience some remotely helpful information? And then once she seemed to realise her quip hadn’t worked and laughing on her lonesome wasn’t a good look she then rushed out an actual answer so fast that no one could make out what she was even saying. You could almost hear Matt thinking “what the duck is she playing at”. Very frustrating.

A lot of what she said revealed how she makes everything about her. I would eat this with a spork. My dish has been simmering for hours. I haven’t had breakfast. She seemed weirdly not willing to centre the audience.

And for someone who has made a career out of ‘the basics’ in the kitchen, the spork thing was particularly weird. Imagine if Jamie mentioned sporks - something genuinely obscure - in his show? It would be ‘guffawing over capers’ times ten.
Christ, could you imagine the uproar if THAT MAN had suggested using a spork? Omg 😂😂, she would have been choking on her capers 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
My favourite (I mean that in the loosest sense of the word...) bit was when the ever-patient Matt asked her how long her dish should simmer for and she said something like, “well mine has been simmering since rehearsals....” come on, at least try and ad lib a bit and pretend you’re a professional in your field
Didn’t one of them say it’d been an hour and a half in that case, then Matt suggested people at home could do it for 30 minutes?

Like did she add ANYTHING (apart from unnecessary awkwardness) to the show?

Reactions: 9
This is the thing, this stuff doesn't land on TV. Beryl from Shropshire just wants to know how long the bleeping stew needs simmering for, she doesn't care you've not had breakfast and this is your big break tbh. Same with spork jokes - that's some 14 year old rAnDoM teenage boy humour, utterly absurd it's on daytime TV!

Reactions: 20
i think JO is clearly the winner. Nice simply recipes, advice on substitutes, calm demeanour and he hasn't risen to her bait at all.

This is the thing, this stuff doesn't land on TV. Beryl from Shropshire just wants to know how long the bleeping stew needs simmering for, she doesn't care you've not had breakfast and this is your big break tbh. Same with spork jokes - that's some 14 year old rAnDoM teenage boy humour, utterly absurd it's on daytime TV!
All he wanted was for the audience to know whether it was going to be soupy and need a spoon or thicken up needing a fork.

Reactions: 18
Didn’t one of them say it’d been an hour and a half in that case, then Matt suggested people at home could do it for 30 minutes?

Like did she add ANYTHING (apart from unnecessary awkwardness) to the show?
Ha ha yes, he saved the day with the correct simmer-duration. Thank goodness or mind would still be simmering away 😉

• Haha
Yes and it’s the same with her twitter lockdown larder thing. All part of a grandiose performance rather than actually doing anything or helping anyone.

Reactions: 12
might have been easier to just turn up to your actual job love View attachment 108711
She must have been using that old android tablet today because the picture & audio was so so bad, like Skyping ur nan, we've seen her with a Macbook though why wouldn't you use that it'd probably be crystal clear?

They look like lovely doors out to a garden too, god bless that 'crappy bungalow'

Reactions: 11
Yes Jack, knowing if someone should put salt and pepper on their chips is that urgent they need to prod you 🙄

THE STAIRS?!! The stairs that don’t exist Jack because you live in a crappy bungalow? She’s not even hiding it now.

After all that “hard” work has gone in, I can’t wait to see the car crash all over again. I also hate the way she refers to her partner as Mrs J, it sounds so controlling, domineering and passive aggressive.
"Give me a prod if it's urgent" Oh my word she has ideas far above her station.

might have been easier to just turn up to your actual job love View attachment 108711
Surely, this is an admission her segment was tit.

She's deffo got better tech than that. That's the shite you put in the drawer when you upgrade, incase you smash your old phone.
Jack really is insufferable.

P.S I love a spork. It's from eating with a child on my lap for years. I barely use a knife now. Just got so used to eating one handed. I actually bought a silver one. Got a silver spork in my mouth ,

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She must do this so no one can criticise her for lack of trying... if only she put a fraction as much effort into what she’s actually getting paid to do - to focus on the audience, not herself - it’s all for nothing. She must need so much mollycoddling. We’ve all worked with people like this, they’re the worst sort of liability.

BBC should be ashamed to be promoting this kind of juvenile nonsense, without wanting to be a bore this cookery programme is supposed to be helping people manage during an absolutely awful time. Pathetic posturing, gurning, talking rubbish and making it all about yourself really doesn't seem to be in the spirit does it? I'm no fan of JO but his programme has some good recipes, interesting use of leftover food, and manages to include a very human touch by his wife filming some of the cooking and his children being involved.
Complete opposite to this dreadful mess. I feel like cancelling my licence but I'm only on series 6 of Spooks and have another 4 to finish :)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'm not being negative for negative's sake, or a hateful tattle troll or whatever she'll label us, as a disclaimer I fully acknowledge she's scarcely had a chance at her big break *because the audio was so bleeping bad* so it'd be unfair to comment on anything other than the audio quality...

So if I can acknowledge that as someone who is a net detractor of her - how can anyone be saying what a fab job it was with any sincerity?! I can understand wanting to be kind but there's no need to lie, I genuinely couldn't hear a bleeping thing so can't judge either way so how can they!

You guys have acted as post-show subtitles, I'm still learning new parts that happened in a show I watched the entirety of?! Unless these lot all caught up on iPlayer with subtitles??

Reactions: 11
I had to turn off .... not because of the audio but her basically not getting the links bleeping car crash ....

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.