Jack Monroe #298 Perhaps she would get a mortgage if she paid her taxes and didn’t spank money on rusty spoons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My only issue with the Gu Salted caramel cheesecakes is that there is an obvious design error. They are far too small.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I don’t know what I expected from a Jack plane chaos, but it definitely wasn’t Pringle lids.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
“Fellow plane passengers, notice me! It is I, Jack Monroe! Saviour of the poors!”
Gets the stewardess to do a tannoy. “Hello everyone, some of you might have seen we have a celebrity on board today. She’s very shy, but it’s the one and only Jack Monroe, food blogger and Super Saver on Lorraine three times. Now, Jack collects pasta and Pringle lids and has asked if you have any left over could you be so kind to pop them in the bag we are passing around. She’ll be very grateful and you may even get a mention on social media!! Can we all give her a big round of applause for all she does to help people?! Thank you everyone and enjoy your flight!”

• Haha
Reactions: 71
Forgive me for bounding back in but why is she saying Gu ramekins are square when she’s allegedly blagged ROUND Pringle lids off of star struck plane passengers? Am I reading things wrong?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Is there anything this absolute anal wart does not collect? Pasta shapes, church cookbooks, rich ex girlfriends. Just make it stop.

on the plus side that pasta looks actually edible which is a rarity.
Receipts with 'Paid in Full' from HMRC?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
And why is she saying a gu pot holds a portion of bolognaise sauce? They’re tiny.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I don’t know what I expected from a Jack plane chaos, but it definitely wasn’t Pringle lids.

Yeah, I'd have liked something more dramatic, like Jacks arse being used to plug a hole in the side of the plane or foiling a hijack attempt. Even getting called a strumpet by an angry Tory lady would have been good.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
There’s a cock related smut joke in here somewhere but I’ve shamed myself enough for one day.
There was a very big pub up here called cock of the north. It is now a posho housing estate.

Not sure how this fits in really other than it is very close to Dominic Cummings’ family home. Which may or may not have had to get retrospective planning permission.

I’m sure there is a joke there.

Maybe.

Maybe not.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
View attachment 1242384

HAVE YOU GOT AN OH JACK YOU NEVER MENTION IT
I was looking at that bowl of pasta thinking: “just three cherry tomatoes yielded that much ‘sauce’, surely not?”

Then I realised that isn’t a pasta bowl, it’s a wee cereal bowl. Half full. Welcome home, Jack!

Not squigging because it's ROADSIDE MUM
Is this a humblebrag? “My neurodivergent child has a special interest in history, oh woe! Do I need to stop them?”

FFS, let your child enjoy what they enjoy and leave them alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
So... you, then, Jack. Why lie about eating these WHY

View attachment 1242446

But doesn't Jack have millions of plastic boxes for storing food on display?

View attachment 1242451
Sigh. tit like this just proves she can’t so much we know anyone actually from a poor or even just not affluent background? A lot of second gen kids (and especiallllly from more family oriented cultures where living in intergenerational homes is more of a thing) are their parents’ retirement plan? Or are required to contribute financially. We also repay our student loans cos our parents couldn’t fix us up a grad salary role at 17 and even our taxes! Wild isn’t it hun!

She is SO privileged it’s unreal and I just hope this dumb display opens more squig eyes to wondering why she was on the game when her mum has the money for a Gu habit?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
I love how she'll talk about a weekend in Venice eating a fuckton of gelato at the tourist traps...but has to act like she gets her Gu pots secondhand:rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
For the love of God... hair ties and GU pots and Pringle lids. She's what would happen if Blue Peter were possessed by a particularly stupid demon.
BIB- too early.

I can’t be arsed screenshotting but can anyone tell which bbc news show she will be on?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I hate waste, I’m very pro recycling and I try to buy as many things as I can second hand rather than new, but for the love of god hoarding old food bags and jars and whatever is not a good idea, neither is it a cute quirk. I’ve had to deal with the aftermath of decades of this kind of hoarding, old bread bags and used wrapping paper and jam jars with rusted on lids and decades worth of other assorted crap all stuffed in drawers and cupboards and under furniture. By all means keep a few things because occasionally an empty jar or whatever is useful, but when all your stuff that might be useful storage one day is taking up all your storage space you need to get rid of it or eventually your children or grandchildren will have to.

Here endith my rant for the day.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Oh Jack you ate the bleeping GU's yourself you soul-sucking moron. Trust me, admitting to that yourself is much better than telling Twitter your parents have more money than sense but were happy for you and your baby to walk around in too-small shoes and wearing winter coats to bed.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.