Jack Monroe #294 It's like 10,000 tweets when all you need is a life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same reason she shuns Aldi and Lidl.
Turning her nose up at Lidl is so stupid. Not sure about England but in NI they have really good quality local steaks much cheaper than the other supermarkets, their other meat is reasonable and the veg options are always fresh and good quality (and I believe in England you can get those veg boxes for a couple of quid, not sure if they do them over here)
Their chocolate is outstanding - the fake Mars bars are 👩🏽‍🍳 💋
And then there is the bakery which is superb too. A fresh croissant is something like 25p whereas in the coop near me is about 89 I think.
I completely understand that not everyone is lucky to have one beside them but then I don’t have an ASDA near me. Think the nearest is about 2miles from me.
Im obviously lucky I’m not in poverty and can choose what to buy out of where but surely she should be finding out the best bargains in each supermarket and share and that would help more people than just fizzing about Asda

• Heart
Reactions: 54
You would think a half Irish literal food expert would know all this. A bag of potatoes is relatively cheap and extremely versatile and for many in the Uk matches their palate. Pretty sure she was spaffing off about a ‘perfect’ mash recipe coming soon also a while back.
She literally wrote about Potatoes in her long form shite at Annunziata Rees-Mogg “Potatoes” I don’t think it mentioned anything about her not liking fresh ones though.

Reactions: 32
Indeed. From memory, he also talks about how people truly living in poverty can see right through useless, righteous do-gooders. I’d love to know what he thinks of Jack.
He sucks up to anyone he thinks can further his career, he's absolutely fine with people like Jack because he sees them as connected.

Reactions: 26
Turning her nose up at Lidl is so stupid. Not sure about England but in NI they have really good quality local steaks much cheaper than the other supermarkets, their other meat is reasonable and the veg options are always fresh and good quality (and I believe in England you can get those veg boxes for a couple of quid, not sure if they do them over here)
Their chocolate is outstanding - the fake Mars bars are 👩🏽‍🍳 💋
And then there is the bakery which is superb too. A fresh croissant is something like 25p whereas in the coop near me is about 89 I think.
I completely understand that not everyone is lucky to have one beside them but then I don’t have an ASDA near me. Think the nearest is about 2miles from me.
Im obviously lucky I’m not in poverty and can choose what to buy out of where but surely she should be finding out the best bargains in each supermarket and share and that would help more people than just fizzing about Asda
That's why I don't think she is appropriate as a saviour for the poors, she only boasts of one shop. The other day I made the 45 min trek each way to my localish Morrisons. Reader their fruit is superb and very cheap and there's also a range stuff I found cheaper than my 10 min walk local big Tesco. The supermarkets are constantly in competition with eachother to outdo eachother so therefore what's cheap in won will be cheaper in the next one the following week. The best way to budget shop is to shop around. I know people ( her) are busy and or cannot be fucked ( again her) but it is in fact the best way to get the best bargains. I don't often yomp to my Morrisons but it's a nice surprise when I do.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
He sucks up to anyone he thinks can further his career, he's absolutely fine with people like Jack because he sees them as connected.
I can’t stand Darren McGarvey. That is all.
On a side note troops I am going to give my mum half the bag of spuds and I am going to cook the rest. She’s driving me to it! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Ooooo who is it? I used to follow a lot of these pseudo-lefties on Twitter. Became disillusioned and now love a bit of schadenfreude.

ETA: Just seen trueblue's post. Still non the wiser tho!

Reactions: 19
Why does she hate vegans so much?

Stay in your lane, Monroe, we don't want your 'help', stick to your bollock sausages.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Ooooo who is it? I used to follow a lot of these pseudo-lefties on Twitter. Became disillusioned and now love a bit of schadenfreude.

ETA: Just seen trueblue's post. Still non the wiser tho!
Darren McGarvey aka lokiscottishrap. I can't stand him either.

Reactions: 22
I know nothing of Southend so forgive my ignorance but is there not a bus that she can catch!?!?
Is the public transport out there that awful?
How do the little nana's and gramps get about?
Jacks and buses don't mix 🙄 Uber hasn't been invented in Southend yet plus it costs MONEY x

• Haha
Reactions: 22
That's why I don't think she is appropriate as a saviour for the poors, she only boasts of one shop. The other day I made the 45 min trek each way to my localish Morrisons. Reader their fruit is superb and very cheap and there's also a range stuff I found cheaper than my 10 min walk local big Tesco. The supermarkets are constantly in competition with eachother to outdo eachother so therefore what's cheap in won will be cheaper in the next one the following week. The best way to budget shop is to shop around. I know people ( her) are busy and or cannot be fucked ( again her) but it is in fact the best way to get the best bargains. I don't often yomp to my Morrisons but it's a nice surprise when I do.
Morrisons are brilliant in my view. Not the cheapest but their value range is good. Some of their stores sign up to the too good to go app and their vegan and veggie range is brilliant. Including wine. I personally think they are ahead of the game when responding to their shoppers.

They also do really good yellow stickers. And the staff in my local store are lovely and believe me it helped me get through the worst of lockdown. I’ve had so many good chats with staff there when I felt really isolated. And that’s part of the reason I keep going back there

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I take your point here, and I don’t have Twitter, so I’m using Instagram as my analogy here. I have hardly any followers, but my opinion of her shouldn’t be less valid as a result of the size of my following. Does that make sense? Basically I’m saying is it a tad unfair to invalidate someone’s comments about her based on their following?
It’s more that the accounts with absolutely no followers have clearly been made for the single aim of tweeting about or to her.

If they had 1 follower and 500 tweets (ETA - covering a breadth of subjects) over 3/4 years it’d be less concerning than the ones that are clearly spun up to antagonise and are all following each other.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I joke but jack's actual reasoning when asked the question was the bus cost £3 (bus for 1, £3)

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.