Jack Monroe #293 Georgia Church Suppers, just like MamaPapa used to make!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok listening back and transcribing;
JCC: do you know how a Georgian person would pronounce Tblisi?
Now into voice notes
Friend: Woman why on earth do you want to know that?
JCC: well I am a member of an Internet forum and people are wondering as there is a fake chef who pretended to read a Georgian cook book, and I know you've been there so I thought I'd ask you, I'm very invested in the conversations
Friend: Is Mr C (obv didn't say Mr C IRL) home tonight?
JCC: no, I'm home alone
Friend: thought so. I could tell you but I won't as I think you are crazy, it's Saturday night and you need to get a life. I will text Mr C and tell him he shouldn't leave you alone. I love you very much but you are a mad woman. Put a film on please

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 131
Oh what a grunk!
Jack, you’re a liar, but the problem is you’re also stupid. Banging, indeed!

how will she cope with cooking for 500 when 6 was a “crowd” last week?

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Shameless promo for another thread if you're into awful American cooking.

She made a gazpacho with orange juice, chicken broth and thawed frozen stir-fry veg 🤣

OMG. The food looks absolutely dreadful!
However, she looks like she’s having fun. And she also explains things as she goes along a lot better than Jack does (even if you’re thinking WTF are you doing, woman).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
E809891A-9661-44F6-888B-60AE84F3832E.jpg
5 loaves of bread & 2 fish. 5 loaves of cheap Asda sliced bread & 2 tins of pilchards.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Is she the one who puts ALL the vodka in?
Yep. And the one that made a cake that was called a hate crime. She poured Hpnotiq into a glass and called it a cocktail 😄😁. Her thread on here will never quite take off, but I tried my best

The kiwis sinking to the bottom gets me every time

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Maybe he's only after Jack for the cutlery? 500 people get through a lot of spooooons.
Oh god, can you imagine? She will turn up with the rusty, skanky spoons. She will declare she’s tired. And do a chaos. I’d pay to be one of those 500 guests.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Shameless promo for another thread if you're into awful American cooking.

She made a gazpacho with orange juice, chicken broth and thawed frozen stir-fry veg 🤣

Woah, Sandra Lee! Not seen her in years. I used to love her ‘semi-homemade’ recipes, where she’d basically take stuff like storemade cakes and shove some icing on them while getting increasingly drunk. Her food is awful but I’d watch her over Jack any day as she seems lovely.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
From the Deep South of the US of A (I mean I’ll check right after this, I might have been in Eastern Europe this whole time for all I know),

1. Everyone says y’all all the time, whether talking to singular or plural (and even sometimes y’all’s, as in “Can I take all y’all’s order?”). I’m quite fond of it and also greatly fond of all y’all so I think it’s very fitting to adopt as an official Cable word.
2. Root beer is truly minging. That should not be the official beverage of the Cable (which is of course half tea half fizzy pop, in a fentiman’s bottle)
3. Turns out that ol’ Paula Deen “might be a bit of a racist”

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Not caught up yet, but just going to put this here.

And the top comment: 'she force evolved herself so she could communicate'.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Tbilisi? Cheryl Tweedy? Who do you think would win in a celeb match to the death between Jack and Cheryl?

Id say Cheryl. Not that I’m condoning Cheryls conviction you understand

I just think Cheryl would batter duck out of Jack if the opportunity arose

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Same, what a crappy job he's got, promoting the ripoff competition. He could do much better.
Andi owns the company which runs all those competitions and he's absolutely minted because of it. Bet he doesn't rent.

He also sells his own pies on QVC!
gmb.gif

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
Ok listening back and transcribing;
JCC: do you know how a Georgian person would pronounce Tblisi?
Now into voice notes
Friend: Woman why on earth do you want to know that?
JCC: well I am a member of an Internet forum and people are wondering as there is a fake chef who pretended to read a Georgian cook book, and I know you've been there so I thought I'd ask you, I'm very invested in the conversations
Friend: Is Mr C (obv didn't say Mr C IRL) home tonight?
JCC: no, I'm home alone
Friend: thought so. I could tell you but I won't as I think you are crazy, it's Saturday night and you need to get a life. I will text Mr C and tell him he shouldn't leave you alone. I love you very much but you are a mad woman. Put a film on please
That is amazing, thankyou for that! Saturday night with the fraus is shaping up lovely. I’ve got some canned cocktails for later, and I’m ready for another banger. 📖

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Uh-oh, one of my younger relatives is preparing dinner. Turns out it's pasta with pork :unsure: Hopefully there'll be no fancy Eastern European chicken dips

• Haha
Reactions: 27
That is amazing, thankyou for that! Saturday night with the fraus is shaping up lovely. I’ve got some canned cocktails for later, and I’m ready for another banger. 📖
Haha it gets better, she actually did text Mr C and he just messaged me 'please eat your curry and watch bend it like beckham (I told him earlier that was my plan) and stop hassling BFF about city names in Europe, I don't want her to decide you are too weird and cancel her trip to come stay with us' 🤣🤣

ETA they are very good friends too so obv all in jest!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
So tempted to by a hard copy of church suppers, it could be like a canal membership badge where we could carry it around to be recognised in the wild

61v44vVh-+L._AC_SY580_.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.