Jack Monroe #293 Georgia Church Suppers, just like MamaPapa used to make!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok I’m back from reading thread 1, Christ on a cracker that girl has more front than blackpool 😑

Neither DC or JO have ever been personal faves of mine but what a deplorable little shitbox she is for those instances, wow

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Oh god, can you imagine? She will turn up with the rusty, skanky spoons. She will declare she’s tired. And do a chaos. I’d pay to be one of those 500 guests.
Me too. Obviously I would eat anything Jack has been anywhere near but I'd be quite happy eating peanuts and watching the chaos unfold.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
“Put a film on please” is the greatest “stop your nonsense” put down ever!
omg how much would it cost to hire one of those little planes to fly past the crappy bungalow with it written in the sky?

• Haha
Reactions: 56
omg how much would it cost to hire one of those little planes to fly past the crappy bungalow with it written in the sky?
If only someone on twitter could say it to Jack (although she has no TV 😥 or wifi 😥 the poor smol pixie) but yes it is a great one isn't it?! One of the reasons I love my pal so much, she is very very blunt.

• Haha
20p from Asda, absolutely x

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Andi owns the company which runs all those competitions and he's absolutely minted because of it. Bet he doesn't rent.

He also sells his own pies on QVC!
View attachment 1215938
I thought he ran a modelling agency full of men's health type guys.

I wonder why itv doesn't own the company to so with the competitions and someone else creams it off? It's not exactly hard doing clips to say call this number.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Canal crowd funded? I'm absolutely behind this 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Andi owns the company which runs all those competitions and he's absolutely minted because of it. Bet he doesn't rent.

He also sells his own pies on QVC!
View attachment 1215938
I knew he did food shows on QVC (yeah I quite enjoy QVC, and what?) but I didn’t realise he had his own product range! He always looks like he’s having a laugh so good on him.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

I wonder why itv doesn't own the company to so with the competitions and someone else creams it off? It's not exactly hard doing clips to say call this number.
Think he has his fingers in lots of pies tbf, he's done a lot of producing too if irc, I absolutely LOVE Andi....unlike his broomcupboard pre-predecessor Phil. Who I loathe and then love, as he brought me to this particular corner of the Internet

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Andi seems like a good example of someone that achieved fame and then made use of the open doors and connections. Unlike Jack who was unable to capatlise on any of it so carries on pretending to be poor.

She can hardly bemoan the connections people at the top private schools had when she had opportunities that weren't a million miles away from this.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Andi seems like a good example of someone that achieved fame and then made use of the open doors and connections. Unlike Jack who was unable to capatlise on any of it so carries on pretending to be poor.

She can hardly bemoan the connections people at the top private schools had when she had opportunities that weren't a million miles away from this.
Absolutely! xx

Fame. Fukt off. Did his thing behind the scenes....literally and actually completed it mate. Buffed up. Wears tight tee shirts on morning tele, quite often in holiday destinations, on the regular whilst raking it in.
Go on Mr Peters 👏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Anyway. I had stuff to use up tonight and I thought I would see what it turned out like if you did use the oil from sundried tomatoes in a dish and fried it. Don’t try it troops. Frigging honking. I had to get rid of the oil and whack a lot of hendos in before I could eat it. Vile.

thankfully I have wine and chocolate to get rid of the memory. Completely disgusting. She’s a clueless twit.

edited to add. Part of the problem is that the oil has a very strong tomato smell and it’s really cloying. She said it would go well with eggs. No no no. I didn’t make it with eggs but it was honking. I can guarantee you that Monroe has never cooked any dish in sundried tomato oil. Not ever. Ever. Ever.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
That was nice to see. I hadn't seen Andy since he was pushing the button in the CD factory the moment that years pop idol winner was crowned.
Apparently he owns the production company who make the ITV competition clips, the ones where you win £82000 and a campervan. Andy’s doing well for himself! And I’m glad to see it, he seems like a really nice man.

ETA: beaten to it by Clovis

Last edited:
Reactions: 23

Maybe since they got done for making loads of cash from the competition phone lines after the comp had closed? Jack behaviour, that.

Reactions: 24
I am a Russian-speaking Frau 🪆🔺 and the Georgia stuff has just reminded me of a time my parents came to visit me (I studied there) and I took them to a lovely Georgian restaurant which was the best ever, so much so my parents clapped and wanted to go back. So we went back a 2nd time. On the first night, Mum had asked for red wine and the owner asked what she liked, so she said merlot and he nodded and brought us a carafe from a barrel. The second time, she asked for tempranillo and he nodded again, and brought the same wine from the same barrel. He had a whole wine list and one barrel of wine, it was wonderfully farcical. It was some of the nicest wine I’ve had in Russia (some truly awful conpetition but it was genuinely lovely) so whatever it was, it was not a problem (advertising standards might not like it but I did) - and I’ve just drawn a connection with bouquet garni - perhaps as all herbs and all Georgias are the same, all grapes are the same?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.