Jack Monroe #293 Georgia Church Suppers, just like MamaPapa used to make!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was there no sloppy savers on Lorraine this week?

(The threads have moved so fast I've completely missed it!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
This has just made me think of Alan Partridge saying 'Dr Pepper is just fizzy Benalyn' and Jack is a real life Partridge, even the 'not the face, I've got a photoshoot with Vision Express' sounds more tragi-comic as 'not the face, I've got a 2 minute montage on Lorraine!'
She is so partridge. Oddly enough the horror that I know from twitter. The one who tweets his wife when they are in the same room. He reminds me of Partridge as well. He’s a narc as well I think.

Except not as funny. I’m not a huge fan of stand up comedy but I’ve seen Steve Coogan twice and oddly enough Kevin Bridges twice too.

Reactions: 20
*If* this proposed collab goes ahead, which hopefully it won’t because some kind soul will brief him on exactly the kind of person JM is, we can pretty much guarantee a Jaccident will occur the day before / morning of, meaning she sadly cannot take part.
And she'll have defrosted all that fish for it too 😭

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Was there no sloppy savers on Lorraine this week?
Sadly no.

Members of the canal were tricked into watching peirs Morgan but things got better when they did a Queen Elizabeth style fashion show 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 57
I doubt she’s even up to that TBH. 😂
She's not. Imagine when she inevitably mixes all the coats up and you've got some 18 stone guy patiently explaining that, no he didn't check in a size 12 animal print mac from New Look, only to have Jack explain that as an autistic, accuracy is kind of her flex so it must be his coat.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Knew I could rely on you. 😝

That was the best part for me too. The fact that out of her cookbook list, she'd managed to single out the one glaring lie. On that note, I'd like to say that Celery has always been my favourite part of Edinburgh. An absolute banger. Shoutout to my friend Georgia, also a very nice area.

OT question: has anyone tried root beer and don't you think it's like drinking liquid germolene? Asking because of Jack's 'I LOVE THE SMELL OF GERMOLENE' tweet at the start of this thread (in the innocent, pre-Georgia date of 292 B.G).

Edited to add: at the start of last thread. Omg, all of these Georgia dates are giving me bad mentals.
I love root beer and the smell of Germolene. Am I Jack?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I fear for Polish chef Damian and his suggested fundraiser with Jack. He has obviously made the schoolboy error of thinking she is some sort of competent chef. There is simply no way on earth she can cater for 500 people. She will only be an impediment. He will end up doing all of the work, but with added extra work and stress on top because she will do a multiple chaos. Don’t do it Damian!
It’s a shame cos he seems genuine. He has actually been involved in fundraising for Ukraine and delivering supplies to the country over the last few weeks. He also cooks for the local homeless community where he has his restaurant.
Whereas WTF has Jack done? I mean, actually done? Not invisible stuff like the Vimes Boots Index. Not recipes for gruesome calorie-deficient nutrition-deficient bowls of gruel costing 29p which no one in their right is going to cook. Measurable achievements? Anyone ..?
She won’t show up, he’ll need a contingency plan x

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Shameless promo for another thread if you're into awful American cooking.

She made a gazpacho with orange juice, chicken broth and thawed frozen stir-fry veg 🤣

She is my guilty pleasure. I never knew there was a thread on her.

Does everyone love her there too or will I be alone in my adoration?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Sadly no.

Members of the canal were tricked into watching peirs Morgan but things got better when they did a Queen Elizabeth style fashion show 😐
In fairness I did also discover Andi Peters was still working on TV which was genuinely pleasing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
To answer your question, yes I tried it in Edinburgh of all places. I have never been so disappointed in all my life.
Same, it tasted of medicine cabinet. Not a banger.

Would also like to propose that we replace Jack's ''youse'' with y'all.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
In fairness I did also discover Andi Peters was still working on TV which was genuinely pleasing.
That was nice to see. I hadn't seen Andy since he was pushing the button in the CD factory the moment that years pop idol winner was crowned.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I’m so happy my exploding depression mozzarella has made youse smile today!

No matter how bad it gets check your dairy expiration dates fraus.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
She is my guilty pleasure. I never knew there was a thread on her.

Does everyone love her there too or will I be alone in my adoration?
I'm obsessed with aunt sandy, her recipes are jack level but she's a joy to watch. There's a channel uploading her stuff every day. Now, cocktail time!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Could we add a poll to the thread to see who thinks Jack made the mistake because she:

A) owns Georgia Church Suppers but has never read it and couldn't even make the effort to take it off the shelf and look at it before recommending it.

B) owns it and has read it and cooked from it and STILL thinks it's about the country not the state.

C) has never owned or read the book, but googled "Georgia cookbook" and the rest is history.

D) was referring to another Georgian church based cookbook which you won't have heard of as she's working on it behind the scenes and obscured its identity as she doesn't want the author to be attacked by evil vicious trolls. HAVE A LOVELY EVENING!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.