Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sglodion

Chatty Member
I'm no fangirl of Jamie's, but you can tell his passion for Italian food and culture is absolutely genuine. His Italian book felt very respectful, unlike Jack's attempts where she goes way beyond a few minor changes here and there. Look at the bloody stroganoff she's just done with coconut milk, and her suggestions for sausage meat Kyiv!
Oh I thought this was a reference to the jollof rice thing (in which case, yikes at describing one dish as 'an entire country's cuisine'). If she means Italian food that's even more ridiculous considering her own mouldy salad pesto abomination.

Anyway, as an autistic person I am literally incapable of lying often quite gullible about the claims people make online. I've been following these threads for the last 10 days or so (having only vaguely known who Jack was before that), hooting and fizzing but also feeling sorry for her because surely she can't be making it all up about the poverty and the rape threats and suicide attempt, right? I mean maybe it's exaggerated, sure, but you wouldn't straight up lie to half a million followers like that, right? Even without the morally scummy aspect, surely you'd be worried about getting caught out - who would do that?

And then the Georgia chaos happened and I was like oh, oh right. Jack would.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76

Geetbo

VIP Member
I’m truly jealous of the canal members who are yet to discover the Georgia based omnichaos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75

kachoochoo

VIP Member
most of the books she mentions are in the first few results when you search eastern european cookbooks on Amazon, after you take out authors with English names, middle eastern books and, er, ottolenghi

trifley d's a big fan of southern us cookery. can't wait for her to see the Georgia rec! 😆 I am crying!

• Haha
  • Heart

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
She's just retweeted her incorrect recommendation :ROFLMAO: Jack's going to blow a gasket when she realises her mistake, or worse, if someone points it out to her

Screenshot 2022-04-22 at 21.32.30.png

• Haha

ContentCrunch

VIP Member
Long way off catching up but an old depression mozzarella once became an IED In my fridge and spaffed me in the face. It literally blows up the bag and explodes.

• Haha
  • Wow

jenny2603

VIP Member
Come on, lets be fair lads. They could have made it a bit clearer on the cover it was Georgia state rather than the country. Does she even glance at the stuff she hoards?

Screenshot 2022-04-22 22.08.13.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74

bowiethesdmn

VIP Member
I find it beautiful that we were saying squigs should make up recipes to recommend to her and she just goes and does it herself

• Haha

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Hang on. Hang. On.

When did she cook for Claudia Roden?

This claim is on the scale of “I had Friday night chicken with Jeffrey then made cookies with Ina” or “Julia C showed me that meat didn’t need to be browned in beef bourguignon.”

🙄

Tweet and delete Jack. Unfortunately, TD and Olia have got your number. This will not be forgotten. Or forgiven.

• Haha
  • Heart

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
🎶 I don’t wanna close my eyes
Don’t wanna go to sleep
In case I miss Jack’s reaction tweet,
And I don’t wanna miss a thing 🎵

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73