Jack Monroe #292 Poet, philosopher, fighter, cook, hero

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We also had a conservative MP who got his Richmonds mixed up and came all the way up north instead of being at a meeting in Richmond upon Thames
Interested to know how he managed that! I mean, Richmond (lovely place btw) is so far from the Thames one, how did he not notice the journey time was taking way longer than it should?

My grandfather once attempted to get a train from from Durham to Newcastle, only he somehow managed to board the direct to Edinburgh one. Apparently the train staff looked after him really well and kept bringing him tea and biscuits. He was in his early nineties, so we assume they thought he was having 'bad mentals' (as Jack might phrase it).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
I've come to the conclusion she hates JO as he actually produces food people would eat willingly
Also he has actual catering qualifications, worked his way up from the bottom, and is naturally charming on TV - to the extent he was scouted for his own series after making a brief appearance on a documentary about the River Cafe.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I've come to the conclusion she hates JO as he actually produces food people would eat willingly
'Hating' Jamie Oliver is kind of a meme. To my generation he's the guy who took away turkey twizzlers, that Uncle Roger guy made the video taking the piss out of his egg fried rice...I think Jack sensed a soft target and thought everyone would laugh along but instead of coming across as funny and jokey, it was just nasty.

It's probably not a coincidence that Jamie is also a lot of the things that Jack claims hold her back from TV success...working class (she isn't but hey), strong Essex accent, left school with very few GCSEs, has got involved in politics (school meals)...might even have tattoos idk.

(I'm not a Jamie stan although it probably sounds like it)

• Heart
Reactions: 63
There would be literal riots.

It's coming up on my twitter that they still follow each other.
I believe you are correct and I think this is a Georgian cookbook level duck up on my part. My apologies. I will quietly delete and pretend it never happened.

I thought she wrote JO a grovelling apology letter? Seems he was right to ignore it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
V late but has Jack actually been talking to a woman in her 70s who can't have her grandkids round or has she just read this article? https://metro.co.uk/2022/04/17/cost...etition-calling-to-make-energy-free-16424144/

I'm hoping the latter because sharing details of someone else's situation without permission is unbelievably crappy.
If she has read the article , she must be baffled at seeing a real, well thought out anti- poverty campaign, instead of howling and slop.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
He popped up today in my IG making a 45 sec silky cheese omelette. T'was a Thing of Beauty on a thin slice of toast. He suggested it might be just the thing for midnight munchies 😼🙀

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I thought she wrote JO a grovelling apology letter? Seems he was right to ignore it.
Well she says she did 🤔
JO personally I think can be annoying - but by crikey he can cook. His programme during lockdown with his family was an utter joy - and actually provided good, delicious and inspirational food. Simple hints and tips that really worked.
Compare and contrast with lingreenie. I am willing to bet not one person ever tried that bleeping mess.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Is there any, any other professional chef cook tv personality who slags off their peer?
Obvs Jack isn’t Jamie’s peer at all, because she’s bereft of any talent regarding food, cookery or tv presenting.
I don’t recall Anthony Worral-Thompson having it in for James Martin every few months, or Delia throwing shade at Prue Leith.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
'Hating' Jamie Oliver is kind of a meme.
I have to say, I cannot stand Jamie Oliver. I don't know what it is about him, but I find him so msug and insufferable. Cannot bear to watch anything he's on 🤣 I won't deny he's done good things for food, but I do not like him one bit.

Reactions: 17
Wow, I wonder what on earth happened to turn Jack against JO so dramatically? Do you think they met IRL and he wasn't impressed? I'm imagining there's some kind of personal beef between them (lol, sorry for the use of beef - don't want to give her any new food ideas).

• Haha
Reactions: 27
When there's loads of new pages I don't usually go back. So glad I did to see this Georgia nonsense!! Couldn't stop giggling every few mins!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
She didn't always hate Jamie. In 2018 she sang his praises and says she adapts many of his recipes and his writing style. Presumably he continued to ignore her and that plus the fact he can cook things with texture led to her fury.
Is love someone to remind her of this! She'll say I never said that 🙄

Reactions: 15
Wow, I wonder what on earth happened to turn Jack against JO so dramatically? Do you think they met IRL and he wasn't impressed? I'm imagining there's some kind of personal beef between them (lol, sorry for the use of beef - don't want to give her any new food ideas).
he got a channel 4 show that she thought she would be hers.

She also called him out early in her ‘career’ saying something like I don’t need a fiver Jamie and then said she was pressured into it because she had no media training

• Wow
Reactions: 29
I have to say, I cannot stand Jamie Oliver. I don't know what it is about him, but I find him so msug and insufferable. Cannot bear to watch anything he's on 🤣 I won't deny he's done good things for food, but I do not like him one bit.
I'd do him all day long. I think we cancel each other out 😂
(Disclaimer: I thought his attitude to the junior povs and their parents was a bit paternalistic and classist during the school dinners thing but it was a conversation that needed to be had, and no-one else was having it so 🤷)
(Side note/edit 2: I'm ovulating and my OH doesn't read here)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I genuinely think the next thread title should just be

GEORGIA

(in capitals to really hammer it home on her daily grunk)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.