Jack Monroe #292 Poet, philosopher, fighter, cook, hero

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, I've skipped a load cos I'm BUSY proof-reading my 3rd edit of 'The Most Common Side That People's Draining Board Is On' Index, but, has she just deleted the Georgia Church cookbook and posted a different list including an actual Georgian cookbook? With no acknowledgement to her monumental duck up?
yes absolutely! x

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Sorry, I've skipped a load cos I'm BUSY proof-reading my 3rd edit of 'The Most Common Side That People's Draining Board Is On' Index, but, has she just deleted the Georgia Church cookbook and posted a different list including an actual Georgian cookbook? With no acknowledgement to her monumental duck up?
Obviously that's the one she meant to include. The Georgian Church Suppers banger was for a different list you ninny! Theological inspired slop fest's and she recommends drinking the Buckfast Monk's delightful tonic mixed with herbal tea as an aperitif

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Mm I'm guessing Damian will be doing most of the heavy lifting on this collaboration.
And are we even sure Jack knows where Ukraine is?
500 guests. Ha ha ha. Deliveroo are going to be on speed dial...

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Obviously that's the one she meant to include. The Georgian Church Suppers banger was for a different list you ninny! Theological inspired slop fest's and she recommends drinking the Buckfast Monk's delightful tonic mixed with herbal tea as an aperitif
Why you cry?
Church cook book lie

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Jack is 100% the kind of twit who would call it the Ukraine.
I actually just googled Ukraine vs The Ukraine as I had no idea (totally on me being unintentionally ignorant) that The Ukraine was problematic - never called it that myself as I assumed it was just a change that was made without considering why, noticed it tends to be the older generations who use 'The', like how my mum still calls the Netherlands Holland. So thank you for making me want to look deeper! I love these threads for many reasons but one is that I've definitely educated myself on things that haven't occurred to me before ❤ to keep on topic - agree Jack would defo say it.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Think she’s trying to be northern Irish with that youse. I don’t mind Jamie Oliver. At least he’s not a try hard like Jack.

On a side note. Jack is basically suggesting that she started a new relationship when she’s on the verge of a nervous breakdown and having a case of the bad mentals. I know she’s a liar but if I were on the edge of a breakdown the last thing I would be doing is dragging someone else into the situation.

Stop lying Jack.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Mm I'm guessing Damian will be doing most of the heavy lifting on this collaboration.
And are we even sure Jack knows where Ukraine is?
Ooh ooh, his restaurant is very near me. It is called House of Feasts. He is a trained chef, used to work at Noma. He surely hasn’t seen any of Jack’s food!
Edited to add, he does serve Kielbasa though.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
All the 'didn't see it didn't happen' vibes that you'd expect from a toddler with zero understanding that.....
THERE ARE ALWAYS RECEIPTS!!!
Could have laughed it off, made a joke about it and it'd be ok but no. She should take a leaf out of Paloma Faith's book today on DKL when she got in a muddle thinking she knew the origin of a Portuguese word. Made a joke, pretended to hide behind the counter, popped back up and carried right on. Totally charming

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
The difference between Jack and THAT MAN or Rick Stein or [insert other talented cooks here] is that when they do foreign cookery programmes and books, they include local nonnas and older indigenous people to show them how to cook a recipe. There are many nonnas and nana-jis on their programmes that are treated respectfully and given publicity/appearance fees. How many asians were involved in creating the recipe for the Chickpea and Peach curry?
Jamie is known as the nonna-botherer in this house.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I actually just googled Ukraine vs The Ukraine as I had no idea (totally on me being unintentionally ignorant) that The Ukraine was problematic - never called it that myself as I assumed it was just a change that was made without considering why, noticed it tends to be the older generations who use 'The, like how my mum still calls the Netherlands Holland. So thank you for making me want to look deeper! I love these threads for many reasons but one is that I've definitely educated myself on things that haven't occurred to me before ❤ to keep on topic - agree Jack would defo say it.
That’s the thing isn’t it, most people when told they’ve said something a bit off will look into and and say “my bad” and then everyone moves on. Jack has a full megachaos and then makes some fish slop fritters.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
That’s the thing isn’t it, most people when told they’ve said something a bit off will look into and and say “my bad” and then everyone moves on. Jack has a full megachaos and then makes some fish slop fritters.
Precisely - like my mum (who is in her 70s) sometimes uses language that she shouldn't - purely because it's what she grew up with and doesn't realise it's not ok. She will however listen and correct herself. Jack would make a huge deal out of it then deploy Cooper or an inexplicable egg.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
“Behind the scenes” 😂
TK threw some massive shade when he was promoting it, something like all the meals being easy to cook and what the whole family would like, nothing “out there” and no weird concoctions
Well, quite. FTM is aimed at kids isn’t it, but Jack’s food isn’t exactly what you’d call appealing for kids/families at all. All that ghastly slop.
Plus, I think TK knows a fake when he sees one. Both he and Marcus were working class kids, and on free school meals at various times. Jack was neither. They were children of single mothers who struggled to make ends meet. Her childhood was a comfortable one: ballet lessons, ferried about in mummy’s Range Rover, her own bedroom in a nice big house, etc. etc. And she got very snappy at Marcus on SM when he was getting a lot of attention for the free school meals thing. And still tried to muscle in on that letter they did to the Govt. So I wouldn’t think they have much time for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.